Your Unique THP Event

A pro-am experience with Cobra-Puma Golf at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Fly in Monday for the Meet and Greet.

6 THPers will play golf with Yags and Jose on Tuesday and then be paired with Rickie Fowler and Bryson DeChambeau in the Wednesday pro-am.

14 Cobra clubs and special edition golf bag, Puma attire and shoes for the 2 days are included and you can’t count out other bits of swag. You’ll be fitted at your nearest fitter and your clubs presented to you on Monday night. A Cobra travel cover will be provided..

$500 plus travel.

Selection - open to AC members only.

I like the easy you think....I read the first page and Posted mine, and it seems like we both had a close enough idea.....I LIKE IT!

Y'all got some crazy dreams in here. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

haha I was thinking the same thing. I was trying to keep mine at least somewhat realistic. But you never know with THP what is realistic and what isn’t. most outside of this place think the Grandaddy couldn’t exist

I will start by saying this one is a little out there. My event would be a Ryder Cup Style grudge match between THP and XYZ other golf forum.

What brand(s) do you partner with?

All of them… Open it up to all the manufacturers and have them bring the tour vans. Participants can work with whoever they want.

How many participants?

12 from each forum.

What course are you partnering with?

This is a hard one. In the spirit of the event I would say the previous or upcoming course on the US rotation.

What time of year?

September time frame.

SWAG planned?

Full bag from the manufacture you choose. Other odds and ends from their apparel lines.

All expense paid or cost for entry?

Let’s say $500 but it all is donated to various charities associated with the forums or sponsors.

Honestly - I'm not sure I could create an event... Beyond playing certain courses or going overseas and playing a USA vs. Europe Morgan Cup... I think that most everything I've followed and seen is pretty dang perfect. Or a location versus location-based bracket-style tournament. 8 regions playing a team match-play tournament and the final 2 regions play in a THP sponsored match somewhere...

Ok, got a new plan.

We are taking 4 THPers on a short game experience of their lives.

They are going to fly to CA for some one on one with two legends of golf.

Sean Toulon and Rodger Cleveland are joining us to show the short game.

They are going to spend the day fitting our THPers with a garage Toulon putter, fully customized and a set of Jaws Wedges stamped to your liking.

After the fitting and a nice lunch, you get to work on that short game at Pebble Beach.

The second day will be a morning full of teaching the short game followed by another round at Pebble.

Cost- who cares it’s Rodger and Sean

It’s the : THP Callaway Short Game Experience

Some really great THP experiences already! Mine would be A Sleepover At Mizuno. Here 4 lucky THPERS would have access to the Mizuno Factory for an overnight romp thru the facility to put together your dream bag of Mizuno clubs! Chris Voshall and JB will be there for guidance and merriment and mirth! In the morning it’s off to play a morning round at Chateau Elan and then whisked away on a helicopter to play an afternoon round at Augusta National. Overnight stay at The Butler Cabin with more merriment and mirth provided by Chris and JB. This might be an expensive experience due to Chris Voshalls appearance!😃

You all who want these big events are crazy. At a certain point there is too many people.

You all who want these big events are crazy. At a certain point there is too many people.
So I should stop making the one where we all get home simulators after playing Augusta?

What? Let’s go crazy.

How about The THP Staffers and JB vs the THPers in a Rider Cup format

Two days of competition for the ultimate prize

The THP Cup.

We get two OEM Companies: one for each team 14 Clubs picked months prior to showcase all summer with the THP Cup as the event to showcase.

Now that going BIG baby.

What? Let’s go crazy.

How about The THP Staffers and JB vs the THPers in a Rider Cup format

Two days of competition for the ultimate prize

The THP Cup.

We get two OEM Companies: one for each team 14 Clubs picked months prior to showcase all summer with the THP Cup as the event to showcase.

Now that going BIG baby.

Oh, I’d gladly partake in that, and bring the PAIN.

Well I would probably start with a great OEM. Let’s say Callaway. Then I’d probably choose a really exclusive course where you probably need a host at. Let’s call him Al and pick an absolute dream course like the hide…..what’s that?…….they already have that?……wow.

okay lol, so in all seriousness let’s do this.

Name:

Showdown in Paradise

Cost:

$599 and transportation to Carlsbad.

OEM’s

:callaway: VS :taylormade:

WHEN:

September

Courses:

Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill

TEAMS:
Team TaylorMade:
Tiger Woods
Colin Morikawa
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU

TEAM CALLAWAY:
Phil Mickelson
Sam Burns
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU

Swag:
Current Driver from company.
Travis Matthew Swag.
Adidas Swag.
Custom Swag headcovers
Pro shop credit.
Balls.
And a whole lot more.

Itenerary:

Come for the ultimate showdown and trip of a lifetime. 12 THP’ers will embark on Carlsbad to settle the score between two billion dollar companies. It’s Taylormade vs Callaway. THP’ers will meet at Ebulition Brew Works for an intro dinner with both OEM’s where pleasantries are exchanged or possibly not. Announcements are made about the tour staffer captains who just finished up the Tour season. The teams are playing for pride, the showdown cup, and the Puttin 4 Bird Memorial MVP trophy and lastly the winning team will be receiving the unreleased equipment lineup from their OEM with the bill being placed on the losing OEM. Maybe at cost but still a huge bill.

Day 1 officially starts with players touring the tour fitting facilities. Team Callaway at ECPC. Team Taylormade at the Kingdom. After various Q and A’s and what not all players will be fit for the current driver and have fittings done for shaft profiles in other clubs in case they win the showdown.

Then all participants will be flying from Carlsbad to Pebble Beach paid for by the powers that be?After checking in and a quick dinner, you can choose to mingle or go to bed.

The next morning everyone wakes up and plays spyglass hill. Instead of the tour players, Callaway and TM employees will fill out the two empty spots. Have to be realistic with the tour players schedules lol. This is more than likely very competitive for the employees as this is their only opportunity to avoid paying for the new clubs. Format tbd. Probably a 2 man scramble.

after playing it’s shower time and then gearing up for a large cookout party between both parties and the 4 tour players. Q & A and mingling with the tour players for as long as they are willing then off to bed. Pairings will be made for singles. Callaway and TM staff would choose.

Day 3 is Singles day at pebble beach. Each group gets a group of tour players. It all leads up to the cup. The tour players vote on the MVP trophy. Winners drink booze out of the cup. It’s a party for the THP’ers. Tour players and staff maybe stay for dinner but they leave eventually. THP’ers party all night.

Day 4 everyone says goodbye and heads home.

Reviews are important but not everything so really available to everyone.

Haven’t decided the selection process. 1 golden ticket eligible per OEM.

ENJOY:D
Great idea. This was the direction my thoughts were going only Callaway vs Cobra. I’ll work out the details today post this evening.

There is some wild ideas in here I love it

Tour experience for 2 - callaway

You get the pickup from the hotel in the corporate car sponsor for the event, go to the course and get a full fitting and custom set and scripting and chill time on the tour van with the pros.

Next to the driving range with some tips from Callaway pros

Then you get to play the pro am with 2 Callaway pros and 4 days passes for the rest of the tournament and vip entrance to the events after the rounds.

THP Knockout Experience

3 days of golf

8 THPers face off in a round robin format (handicapped)

Single elimination with the final two battling for a full 14 club set

First eliminated get their putter of choice

Second eliminated get a set of wedges

Last eliminated gets a set of irons

Sponsor: Callaway

Swag?: for days the typical "knock out of the park" THP level of swag

Eliminated parcticipants play on alternate course (same location) for remainder of event (certain to be "side action" filled) .

All participants get 1 year (12 dozen) of their ball of choice.

Cost: $500.00+travel costs. Lodging and food included as part of the event.

Last edited:
I don't know the exact specifics yet, brands might be dictated based on location.

But I loved the regional rivalries and I think it would be awesome to do a USA tournament with two man teams per state. Some kind of one low net best ball matches, maybe even nine hole matches, but some round robin qualifiers and then match play bracket style, maybe double elimination.

If the brand associated with the event was close, a tour of the facility and swag would be super cool. Players bring their own clubs, maybe the sponsor helps with the team attire, uniform-esque.

Time of year I would think some place warmer over the winter months, who doesn't like to travel a bit for golf when there's snow on the ground back home!

Paid for entry, but at the THP negotiated rates and the support from the brands I'm sure it would be very affordable for all!

NCAA Basketball has March Madness, maybe THP could have March Mayhem! (Sounds kinda like a wresting event!) Maybe Municipal and Harry could chime in with the wrestling theme!

The THP Experience Experience

an experience where the winner gets to collaborate with JB and GG to create a new experience. Get a deep dive into what goes on behind the scenes at THP and and even greater appreciation for all the THP Staff do

I don't know the exact specifics yet, brands might be dictated based on location.

But I loved the regional rivalries and I think it would be awesome to do a USA tournament with two man teams per state. Some kind of one low net best ball matches, maybe even nine hole matches, but some round robin qualifiers and then match play bracket style, maybe double elimination.

If the brand associated with the event was close, a tour of the facility and swag would be super cool. Players bring their own clubs, maybe the sponsor helps with the team attire, uniform-esque.

Time of year I would think some place warmer over the winter months, who doesn't like to travel a bit for golf when there's snow on the ground back home!

Paid for entry, but at the THP negotiated rates and the support from the brands I'm sure it would be very affordable for all!

NCAA Basketball has March Madness, maybe THP could have March Mayhem! (Sounds kinda like a wresting event!) Maybe Municipal and Harry could chime in with the wrestling theme!
I was thinking of something like this regional rivalries with each state having a team and they play other states in their region in local courses and then a super regional and then each region gets a representative at the semi/finals like the college world series does.

ok, since we're being crazy, here's my nutso idea

The THP Championship
Everyone who wants to come can.
Cost 800$ plus transportation
Somewhere with multiple awesome courses like Pinehurst or Banded Dunes or Pebble
Day 1 - Demo day and product discussions with most of the big OEMs (Callaway, TM, Cobra, Mizuno, Hogan, Ping, etc)
Day 2 and 3 - 18 holes of stroke play singles.
Day 4 - breakfast and everyone head home
Winner gets an awesome trophy and bragging rights

Swag - few shirts, an awesome driver and putter cover designed by Jman from whichever company he choses

Ok, so its really just a reason and excuse to get together as many THPers as possible to take over someplace for a few days and just have fun together. But how cool would it be!

ok, since we're being crazy, here's my nutso idea

The THP Championship
Everyone who wants to come can
Cost 800$ plus transportation …..
My man. Man of the people

Man, there are some cool, albeit extravagant ideas in here. Shows how much THP already has the bar set extremely high.

Some interesting ideas floating around in here. I'm trying to come up with what I think I would do, too many thoughts in my head, having to write it out and piece it together lol

This one is just a bit different.

THP Start to Finish AKA The "Dirty Jobs" Experience

Those chosen will be whisked away to the mine that sources Callaway's raw materials for their clubs. The lucky participants will then operate the machinery that bores the holes for the explosives to extract the ore.
They'll load those holes with explosives, set them off, and gather up the material with heavy equipment.
Once that is done, this raw material will be the base for their new forged irons. And they will accompany it through the entire process as it is turned from raw ore to ingots ready for stamping.

This will be done for all components of their golf clubs. (Heads, ferrules, shafts, grips... they get to make all of it) And they'll assemble them into functioning clubs.

Once that's all done, the participants will have one more experience with heavy equipment as they're transported to a golf course in the finishing stages of construction. There, they will apply the final touches to the course making it ready to play. They will then be the first people to play that course.

Club construction from start to finish.
Course completion.
The first people to play that new course.

Kind of like a Shaft Up event but you get to roll your own equipment. But you get to blow stuff up!

Back