YouTube Rabbit Hole

blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Saturday morning YouTube Rabbit Hole has brought Porzak Golf into my awareness.

This might be one of the best channels I've found.

What have you found lately?

If you don't have an instructor, or even if you do, Adam Porzak is great

If you don't have an instructor, or even if you do, Adam Porzak is great
That's what I like about his channel, it's him giving lessons. Not just him showing it. Him working with other golfers. He also has a definite model with how he wants a golfer to swing. I like that.

I have traveled many hours down this rabbit hole. This is one channel I have not looked into. I need to check it out. There are some really good tips out there. However if you’re not totally sure what causes your flaw are these tips really that helpful. The fact that he is giving lessons not just swing tips sounds helpful. My next step however is swing evaluation at Golftec. Followed by some lessons with either them or pro at the Country Club.

I have traveled many hours down this rabbit hole. This is one channel I have not looked into. I need to check it out. There are some really good tips out there. However if you’re not totally sure what causes your flaw are these tips really that helpful. The fact that he is giving lessons not just swing tips sounds helpful. My next step however is swing evaluation at Golftec. Followed by some lessons with either them or pro at the Country Club.
I wish there was a local pro that I liked enough to get lessons from. The last guy I went to saw my bent left arm and said we needed to straighten it out. I told him my left arm can't go straight because of a repaired UCL, he then said, "that's just because you're holding the face open." I showed him the scars, "you probably need to stretch more."

Peace out to that dude.

He's OK. No better or worse than a bunch of others IMO.

He has a great video on partial wedges.

Don't get me started on YouTube rabbit holes. Thanks to those treks I now have 4 yard mowing channels, 3 woodworking/furniture building channels, and a wood turning channel to go along with the 30 or so golf channels.

Golf related? Not much... Everything else... Way way too much.

Thankfully time has been limited meaning I haven't gotten too far down the rabbit hole.

Prozak is great. I know @MarMill enjoys Porzaks teachings as well. Check out the other Porzak teacher Golf Pitt.
I've been watching Jerome Ruffin take lessons from Dana Dahlquist.

Golf related? Not much... Everything else... Way way too much.

Thankfully time has been limited meaning I haven't gotten too far down the rabbit hole.
Sometimes I get down a music theory rabbit hole, 12 Tone is my favorite there.

or a movie vlog rabbit hole. Videos discussing what makes certain movies great or bad can be a great watch, things like this really gets my attention

I wish there was a local pro that I liked enough to get lessons from. The last guy I went to saw my bent left arm and said we needed to straighten it out. I told him my left arm can't go straight because of a repaired UCL, he then said, "that's just because you're holding the face open." I showed him the scars, "you probably need to stretch more."

Peace out to that dude.
I agree an instructor needs to be able to work with students limitations. I’m not looking to lessons to turn me into Adam Scott or @Canadan. I’m way too old for a total rebuild. Want to have someone that can tweak my faults so that I’m more consistent. Tips and tweaks to improve path and face relationship to overcome my push pull ball flight. At 61 I can’t do what the up and coming tour players do. Will see what transpires. I do know that a years worth of trying to fix myself has not solved much.

Sometimes I get down a music theory rabbit hole, 12 Tone is my favorite there.

or a movie vlog rabbit hole. Videos discussing what makes certain movies great or bad can be a great watch, things like this really gets my attention

The everything great about movies... He is fantastic. That's one channel I often have on in the background when working

I agree an instructor needs to be able to work with students limitations. I’m not looking to lessons to turn me into Adam Scott or @Canadan. I’m way too old for a total rebuild. Want to have someone that can tweak my faults so that I’m more consistent. Tips and tweaks to improve path and face relationship to overcome my push pull ball flight. At 61 I can’t do what the up and coming tour players do. Will see what transpires. I do know that a years worth of trying to fix myself has not solved much.
Best of luck on your journey. I'm still a pup, relatively. This summer will be my first foray golfing in my 40s. I have embraced my fate as a golfer, but I just try to be a positive example for my kids on the course. Seeing their happiness with the game makes any double boget worthwhile.

I recently stumbled upon Billy Mitchell. I think I watched everything out there on this guy. Between him and TETRIS records, I watched way too much retro gaming stuff lately

Best of luck on your journey. I'm still a pup, relatively. This summer will be my first foray golfing in my 40s. I have embraced my fate as a golfer, but I just try to be a positive example for my kids on the course. Seeing their happiness with the game makes any double boget worthwhile.
Not much more fun than playing with my son and his buddies. The only drawback is they are all in there 30s and low to mid single digit caps.

The everything great about movies... He is fantastic. That's one channel I often have on in the background when working
Everything Great has been followed.

Peace out to that dude
Adam Porzak has some great content, and is definitely geared toward younger, more flexible players in the full swing. Alot of the lesson's you see are with Div. 1 or aspiring younger kids off to college or home on break.
He's easy to understand.
He has a bunker lesson with an older guy that helped me alot. His putting lessons are great as well.
My problem is I'm 62, and can't seem to make the full rotation to the left.

Everything Great has been followed.
I need to check this out.

I am still on a JFK rabbit hole, i've probably watched over 100 videos on it over the last month.

Adam Porzak has some great content, and is definitely geared toward younger, more flexible players in the full swing. Alot of the lesson's you see are with Div. 1 or aspiring younger kids off to college or home on break.
He's easy to understand.
He has a bunker lesson with an older guy that helped me alot. His putting lessons are great as well.
My problem is I'm 62, and can't seem to make the full rotation to the left.
He has some full swing lessons with more middle aged dudes.

The sad part, the full golf swing really is more of a young man's endeavour.

He has some full swing lessons with more middle aged dudes.

The sad part, the full golf swing really is more of a young man's endeavour.
I think I'm just past middle aged....LOL
And you're right about the full swing. Trying to find a work around for age....:ROFLMAO:

I’m watching this Porzak Golf channel now..

Don't get me started on YouTube rabbit holes. Thanks to those treks I now have 4 yard mowing channels, 3 woodworking/furniture building channels, and a wood turning channel to go along with the 30 or so golf channels.
You’ll never get anything done 😜

Back