Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

Well these would definitely help me as I've hit the C100 set but was shanking and hitting worm burners. Just couldn't seem to get a shot airborne for whatever reason then I hit the G20s and was launching high sweet shots down the center. But the G20s were more user friendly than the c100 which is why this D model really appeals to me with a nice wide sole and plenty of offset.

Just got my set with graphite. Started 2 weeks ago with these clubs; 6 different courses. My prior set were ping G5. Old? So, my new scoring in the last 6 times out are 81-87. With my pings my best hands was 17. These clubs are the bomb.

Hey guys, new here to THP and thought I'd share my opinions on these clubs.

I've been golfing for about 10 years, but never more than a couple times a month, so I've pretty much consistently sucked my whole golf career. :)

I had been using Nike Ignites and as others have had struggled to even be a bit reliable. In fact, my irons were just not good. Driver? Check! Hybrid? check! Fat iron shots?? Check!

Anyway, I picked these up about 2 weeks ago. I played a round at a moderately difficult course here in Denver and while I had some amazing shots with these new irons, my putting fell apart killing my score. So many 3 putts, I was embarrassed. I went to the range and hit a large bucket (178 balls), and was very impressed with my striking. I also went to Top Golf Twice (once socially with friends and drinking, one by myself), and again very impressed with how well I can hit these irons.

Unfortunately, as everyone knows, range almost never eqautes to playing on a course so only time will tell there.

In a nutshell, these irons hit long and high which I believe is what we all strive for. I was a little reluctant to think new irons would help me as much as they have, and I plan to practice a lot more. Time to finally get better at this wonderful game.

Thought I'd add the following.. Never have I been able to hit a 6 or lower.. I can absolutely smash my 6 iron now with this set. I consistently hit the 185 range with this club. It has a nice clean sound and the response from impact lets you know you've done well. Even on shots not perfect, it still launches the ball very well. I need to practice with my 5 as i can't even hit it as far as my 8 most the time.

Last edited:
Still enjoying my D200s irons w/ CTL shafts. Long, straight & extremely high ball flight for me.

i've had a couple of people ask me why I try to hit my irons so high. All I can say is, "I'm not trying". Even with the strong lofts, these are the highest launching irons I've ever played.

I need to put my pre Legacy set on the Marketplace so someone else can reap the rewards.

My temporary fling with another set of irons ended today. I put the D200s back in the bag & shot a PB at my home course. We played winter rules, so it won't count, but it was still nice to end up +4 for the day.

The biggest difference between the D200s and my other irons is flat out distance. Hitting greens is just easier with a 8i than a 6i.

My temporary fling with another set of irons ended today. I put the D200s back in the bag & shot a PB at my home course. We played winter rules, so it won't count, but it was still nice to end up +4 for the day.

The biggest difference between the D200s and my other irons is flat out distance. Hitting greens is just easier with a 8i than a 6i.
Dont know why Mr Watson ever took the d200s out

Ive just ordered a set of these off the strength of the reviews in here, i had ordered di11s from the reviews in here about 3/4 years ago and absolutely loved them so cant wait to get the D200s.

1 question though, on the Di11s I had the Uniflex steel shaft, loved it, so ive ordered these with the steel shaft with regular flex, not sure if i should change that to stiff flex, which of these would play most like the uniflex or will there not be much in it?

I have no where near me to go test them, thanks.

I think you will be fine.

Still want a set of these in graphite. I'm loathe to officially move on from my D100s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D200 irons vs C200 irons

D200 irons vs C200 irons

I realize that the thread on the D200 irons has become pretty stale as of late but I wanted to add something for those of you still interested.

I purchased the new C200 irons about a month and have played them for about 5 rounds. They are great irons. Yesterday, for grins, I took my old D200 5 iron along with my new C200 5 iron to the range to hit some balls and compare the two irons.

Keep in mind that I'm a high-capper...
For what it's worth I actually found that the D200 was longer and was easier to hit. While Wilson targets the C200 as a crossover iron for better players, the D200 seems to be a better iron suited for those that need a little more forgiveness and distance.

I'm thinking of putting a few D200's back in the bag along with a few C200's to continue the comparison.

For those of you considering the D200, yes, Wilson is really excited about their new C200 with the flex face technology. But IMHO, their D200 is still a great iron for those needing that extra forgiveness.

BOTH are great irons!!!!!

I just picked up a set of D200 4-PW,GW steel shaft, NEW for $299 new after a demo session with the 7 Iron.

I have one range session on them and so far I am liking what I am seeing.

First impressions:

club is much heavier than my XPC-300 Irons (graphite shafts)
Feels like the wide sole glides through the turf much better
definitely easier to hit, especially the 4 and 5 irons which I could not hit before.
seems to be averaging about ten yards more carry

I'm playing a round this Monday on my first ever Links style course. I will post a further review afterwards.

If anyone knows where to find the loft specs for these irons, It would greatly help me dial in my wedge selections.

I just picked up a set of D200 4-PW,GW steel shaft, NEW for $299 new after a demo session with the 7 Iron.

I have one range session on them and so far I am liking what I am seeing.

First impressions:

club is much heavier than my XPC-300 Irons (graphite shafts)
Feels like the wide sole glides through the turf much better
definitely easier to hit, especially the 4 and 5 irons which I could not hit before.
seems to be averaging about ten yards more carry

I'm playing a round this Monday on my first ever Links style course. I will post a further review afterwards.

If anyone knows where to find the loft specs for these irons, It would greatly help me dial in my wedge selections.

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/wilson-staff-d200-irons---graphite/15wilmd200grirn

Played a good round with these D200's

Played a good round with these D200's

Played 18 today here in the Pinehurst, NC area at Seven Lakes course. While I struggled a bit off the tee, the irons saved me today. I mentioned earlier that the D200's are a better fit for me personally than the C200's. Nothing wrong with the C200's but these D200's really shined with some of the longest 4 and 5 irons I have ever hit. My set is with the stock UST EC Reg flex shafts and they feel really good to me. If you hit them flush, they feel very soft for a cast club.
The D200's stay in my bag.

Played 18 yesterday on a Links style course (my first time on a links) and what a challenging course! The clubs performed well, I did not...

A couple shots that stood out:

Tried a 4 iron off the tee on several holes with narrow fairways and it went very well. Ball carried about 160 and was able to keep it in play.

Hit a 6 iron off the tee and caught it right on the very edge of the toe, you could see there was an imprint of less than half a ball. The ball went about 5-10 yards right of target and still carried 100 yds. (it still ended well short but I was amazed at how straight it stayed)

Hit several shots with various irons that sailed past my intended landing spot. Im gonna need to pay attention and sort out my new average distances...

I may pull the gap wedge from the bag and put my 52* back in. The gap wedge seems to go just as far as my pitching wedge and I am more accurate with my 52. Or I might pull the pitching wedge since it goes about as far as my 9 iron lol! Not sure yet but one of those wedges is coming out.

while the clubs felt heavy at the range, I didn't notice it at all during the round. That's even with dealing with a sore body from two days of car repairs.

Thats great Nicegy.

Solid irons

Solid irons

I realize all the talk involving Wilson lately has been the C200 irons and rightfully so. They are truly innovative with the flex face technology and show great promise.

But as someone who has played both the C200 and the D200, I still prefer the forgiveness and length of the D200's. IMHO I think the larger head and deeper cavity on the D200's make it a perfect choice for senior high-cappers like me who have lost much of that swing speed that we used to have.

Wilson has two VERY good sets of irons (C200 and D200) here. The choice to determine which is best for your game is truly personal.

I played another round with these irons recently. I think I still have some adjustment to do to my swing, but overall I am happy with the results.

2 birdies
3 pars

I don't want to talk about the rest of the round lol! (113)

A lot of my troubles was due to my driver swing being off.

As for the irons, I am having consistent trouble with shots going way right of target. I am going to find some real time to get on a practice range with good grass to work it out.

Also present this last round was a propensity to top the ball or hit fat shots.

When I make good contact, these clubs are looooooong. Just need to dial them in a bit better.

I bought these irons this year. I have only gotten out 4 times with them now. I subbed on a league tonight on a course that has 5 par 3's and 4 par 4's for a par 31, a perfect course to check out new irons.
I don't remember ever hitting my irons better. I had so many birdie looks, unfortunately I only made one birdie putt. I shot a 32 and if I could of putted a little better it could of easily been 2 or 3 shots better.
I had the Wilson Di-11 irons before this. I don't think that I get that much more distance with these, maybe a little, but these seem much more consistent for me.

Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

I really like these irons. I played on my league tonight and shot 39 and it should of been better but I missed 2 four ft. Putts. The irons have been great, when you hit them good it feels great and when you hit them not so good they still get out there pretty good. They have very good forgiveness!

I really like these irons. I played on my league tonight and shot 39 and it should of been better but I missed 2 four ft. Putts. The irons have been great, when you hit them good it feels great and when you hit them not so good they still get out there pretty good. They have very good forgiveness!

Keeping this thread going

Keeping this thread going

I know, the D200 irons are old news now.
But for those of you still reading this thread.....

I have played them for a season and a half and IMHO, they are awesome irons.

Had another round today and while some of my tee shots were a bit loose and some of the short game was erratic, the one part of my game that was rock solid were all my iron shots. And that includes the 4 iron down to the GW. I've had mine installed with UST Recoil shafts and what a great combination!

If you're still reading this thread and you need LONG and FORGIVING irons, these might just fit the bill for you. They certainly do for me.

I love these irons! My handicap is the lowest it's ever been

I love these irons! My handicap is the lowest it's ever been

Thats awesome to hear...keep it up

These can be had 4-gw brand new for $250 on budget golf

Back