Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Arrived today, the new Wilson D200 Irons. Here are some in hand pictures.

IMG_7812-L.jpg

IMG_7813-L.jpg

IMG_7814-L.jpg

IMG_7815-L.jpg

IMG_7816-L.jpg

These are not the standard shafts, but a set that I have been fit for and genuinely love.
IMG_7817-L.jpg

Some of the tech packed into these.
1412790440189.jpg

I really like the black/red in the cavity. Nice looking iron. Bonus for you that it looks to match the shaft about perfectly as well.

look good. I imagine they will do exactly what they are aimed at.

Wow!! They look really nice. Shaft looks very cool and matches with the heads :) Very curious about their performance.

they look great!

what are the standard shaft options?

I like the sole relief and curvature there. A good way to get the benefits of the big sole without it getting in the way.

Hit em well!

I.want..

I noticed them in your signature, I was wondering when we'd get a thread up.

Really like the look of those, Wilson definitely has me excited for 2015.

Those look pretty sharp.

Purdy! Looking forward to your reviews

Cant wait to hear about these. Is there going to be a 4i in the set?

I've been waiting to drool over these!

WS has got some good looking stuff. Hit 'em well!

Really great looking set of irons. I need to read up on the design of the cavity and sole.

Nice look. Curious how these will feel with the Ozik. Finding Wilson demo irons in my area is tough so hopefully a playing partner or two will pick some up so I can give them a whirl.

Hellooooooooo programs.

They look pretty solid IMO.

Yep, these will be mine.

I want to hit these. Love what wilson staff has had out in the last few years and just looks to be getting better each year

These look SO much better in the in-hand photos. Beautifully understated look for an SGI set. Wilson has always known how to make a great looking iron.

I was in a smaller golf shop yesterday that sells some of these, and I have to say WS is making some pretty good looking irons. The owner of the shop said he thinks the WS irons are the best deal in golf right now. I never considered getting WS iron but I really enjoyed the look of them.

JB, they look great great. What flex did you go with for the Programs? curious if they play to rated flex for you or firmer / weaker.
I am very interested in that shaft for my next set which could turn out to be Wilson or Srixon or Callaway and I am in between Reg / Stiff at this point for what I have be using in Steel.

I play the 95 in stiff. They play to flex if not a little firm to flex in my opinion.

So looking at their site the 5.5 could be the one for me. Hope they have some at the AA Monday when I go in. I am very interested in going Graphite, all the benefits and lower pain sounds great. Would you put this higher on your opinion scale then the Aerotech or MCI?

Back