THP Event Random Memories Thread

2013 Blue Heron Pines THP Invitational

First tee I wanted to keep it in the fairway and short of the water on the left so I took out my 3W - proceeded to hit it thin and Jb goes "Nice 9 iron" I laughed - for some reason that sticks out in my memory.

Great event!

2014 MC:

Saturday morning round with my partner War Eagle vs Castor and WCBM. We went off the back at TB. My hands were shaking for most of the 1st hole and the 2nd hole. We get to number 11 and I have a 5 footer to halve the hole to square the match. Tpluff is videoing the putt. My hands were shaking so bad that when I went to line up the putt, I tapped the ball a foot or so. I immediately held my head in shame and anger. Next thing I know, I see Tim walk over to Tyler, tell him to delete the footage and turn off the camera. He then walks over to my ball, picks it up, puts it back, puts his arm around me and tells me to make the damn putt. I proceed to make the putt. He walks over with a big smile on his face and says. "All square. Lets play some golf and have some fun". I will carry that moment with me for the rest of my life as a reminder of sportsmanship and friendship. I am getting emotional just typing it.

THP Bridgestone Championship at PGA National

This was my first THP event so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

My personal favorite memory would be having 3 birdies on the back 9 during the best ball round on the champions course and one being on the first hole of the bear trap #15. I remember specifically being 2 under on the back after 15 only to start thinking about it and then proceed to go bogey triple par to finish out on 16, 17 & 18. I also had an amazing partner in Shane who made me feel right at home at my first THP event.

The funniest memory I had there was sitting up by the ibar and I specifically remember Pudge and Jim54 being there along with some others. Jim kept talking about hitting up an Oyster Bar that evening and Pudge and I were having some drinks and had every intention of going with Jim once we finished our drinks...suddenly we look up and Jim has disappeared and the next thing we know he is posting in the thread about the Oyster Bar he is currently at having a good time. Jim was also my roommate on the trip and he is such an awesome guy as well but don't get in between him and the Oyster Bar!

2014 MC:

Saturday morning round with my partner War Eagle vs Castor and WCBM. We went off the back at TB. My hands were shaking for most of the 1st hole and the 2nd hole. We get to number 11 and I have a 5 footer to halve the hole to square the match. Tpluff is videoing the putt. My hands were shaking so bad that when I went to line up the putt, I tapped the ball a foot or so. I immediately held my head in shame and anger. Next thing I know, I see Tim walk over to Tyler, tell him to delete the footage and turn off the camera. He then walks over to my ball, picks it up, puts it back, puts his arm around me and tells me to make the damn putt. I proceed to make the putt. He walks over with a big smile on his face and says. "All square. Lets play some golf and have some fun". I will carry that moment with me for the rest of my life as a reminder of sportsmanship and friendship. I am getting emotional just typing it.

Never knew about this....Tim is pure class.

2014 MC:

That's awesome right there.

That same MC, the cobra/puma practice round with you, myself, Erik and tyno, so much glorious cobra goodness in all those bags!

You guys probably didn't know how much that round meant to me, it was my first official THP event, Iowa/DM tour stop was my first, and then you all made me feel so comfortable and set a great tone for the best week of my life!

reminded me of 2 things from that same round...

quite possibly the worst round of golf i've ever played, skill-wise. i was shanking and duffing balls every hole. just one of those days where your swing doesn't show up.

Howzat rolls up to the course, fresh off the plane, kisses Mrs. Howzat and sends her off, and after the meets & greets and getting ready to play some golf, he realizes that he took all the club heads off for the flight and had left them in his other bag that was about 15 minutes away by now. so all he had was a bag of shafts at the top!

Still one of my favorite pictures at a thp event. Canes, Orange Hog, and me having a drink on top of the Harbor Town lighthouse

7e558573e40ad6727182cb1cd15b74df.jpg

reminded me of 2 things from that same round...

quite possibly the worst round of golf i've ever played, skill-wise. i was shanking and duffing balls every hole. just one of those days where your swing doesn't show up.

Howzat rolls up to the course, fresh off the plane, kisses Mrs. Howzat and sends her off, and after the meets & greets and getting ready to play some golf, he realizes that he took all the club heads off for the flight and had left them in his other bag that was about 15 minutes away by now. so all he had was a bag of shafts at the top!

HAHHA I don't remember that!

The Legacy

Absolutely smoking my driver on hole 5 and landing up near Lightningbolt44 and Golf4Life.

Seeing Lynchburg hit his tee shot into the water on 4, take a drop in the waste bunker, and smoke I think a 3W all the way over the water to just off the green. Then seeing him shrug like it's no big thing when his captain told him he could have dropped in the grass.

Never knew about this....Tim is pure class.

Quoted for truth. The man is nothing but class on and off the course. A finer gentleman you will not find.

2012 Ohio Tour Van Event:

long drive contest between myself and War Eagle...winner gets the other guys' kid.
technically, Coop belongs to me. won him fair and square

2012 Ohio Tour Van Event:

long drive contest between myself and War Eagle...winner gets the other guys' kid.
technically, Coop belongs to me. won him fair and square

#bluetooth

Oh and ATL leaving his trunk wide open with clubs and all in the middle of Dayton and somehow not getting stolen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup I do, because it was the same for all of us. Edited my post as well my dude. I was going to do a separate one for my 2013 roomie Kyle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude I couldn't have asked for a better roommate for the 13 MC, having you borrow my laptop to write your papers was awesome, you can't beat, homework, sonic and fun conversation to pass the time at night!

#bluetooth

Oh and ATL leaving his trunk wide open with clubs and all in the middle of Dayton and somehow not getting stolen .

bluetooth.... i forgot about that.

that was 2013 Ohio Invitational. but i forgive you, because you're JRod

I have a couple more that stand out.

This was my first ever round with THP'ers at an outing at PGA National. This was a quick 9 arrival round with Kellybo, Ole Gray and Hawk. First time playing with people that would become lifelong friends! That weekend changed my life!

60946_1620891369313_7763424_n_zpstmamzorm.jpg
!!!

And look at you now, you're half the man you were!

Garbage Sacks!

bluetooth.... i forgot about that.

that was 2013 Ohio Invitational. but i forgive you, because you're JRod

How can you possibly forget about the Bluetooth? It was the most extreme event that any of us will ever experience.

We're frankly lucky to have survived.

Also -- concerning my clubs. People probably saw the Mizuno irons, realized they were impossible to hit, and correctly left them alone.

2012 Demo day at GRAND Cypress. Im playing a round with Wareagle and two other thprs. War and I are about 100 yards in front of the other twosome and Danny (other twosome) proceeds to top his 5 wood right into Wars calf. I heard the smack and saw the bruise for weeks. I don't recall hear 'fore' called out.
In my defense I told him not to stand there.

Roll Tide

2012 Morgan Cup

i was "the new guy". my first THP experience...a practice round at TB with ddec, Jake, and Kelly.
we started on #10 and after watching 3 guys pipe it down the middle, i was just as nervous over this tee shot as i was for Saturday morning competition!
so i proceeded to pull it left, yank a 3 wood, pull a wedge behind the green, but chip up and save par.

i think ddec gave me sound sound words of advice then him and i proceeded to crush Jake & Kelly, both shooting 76. LOL

but the putt that Kelly made on #18 was probably one of the coolest things ever. front right to back left, about 90 ft up and over that huge hump.
we went nuts.

it's amazing how practice rounds end up being just as good or better than the actual competition rounds at events like this...

2012 Morgan Cup

i was "the new guy". my first THP experience...a practice round at TB with ddec, Jake, and Kelly.
we started on #10 and after watching 3 guys pipe it down the middle, i was just as nervous over this tee shot as i was for Saturday morning competition!
so i proceeded to pull it left, yank a 3 wood, pull a wedge behind the green, but chip up and save par.

i think ddec gave me sound sound words of advice then him and i proceeded to crush Jake & Kelly, both shooting 76. LOL

but the putt that Kelly made on #18 was probably one of the coolest things ever. front right to back left, about 90 ft up and over that huge hump.
we went nuts.

it's amazing how practice rounds end up being just as good or better than the actual competition rounds at events like this...

that round was so much fun. Freaking Kelly dropping that putt on 18 with guys eating lunch on the porch was awesome. Oh and yeah, we destroyed them.

The 2014 Ultimate Testing with Taylormade was also a treat. I think it was around 35° on the range when we started opening and testing those Tour Preferred Irons

attachment.php

aga7udav.jpg

a5u7y4an.jpg

Cure Putter Event Ohio 2015

We will give away 3-4 putters...Nah screw it Jeff said, lets give away putters to everybody.
And that course was fantastic. Long live Schlongingburger

that round was so much fun. Freaking Kelly dropping that putt on 18 with guys eating lunch on the porch was awesome. Oh and yeah, we destroyed them.
And the next day this guy destroyed you
53e940d275e5cab750f30c01927648dd.jpg

Kid you not, I still chuckle when I see a snake on the course.

And the next day this guy destroyed you
53e940d275e5cab750f30c01927648dd.jpg

Kid you not, I still chuckle when I see a snake on the course.

stupid thing. I may have crapped myself. Still got up and down though. Thankfully it slithered away or else I would have conceded that hole and left the ball.

2014 Grandaddy
Arriving to the golf course in the morning, which is probably the nicest golf course I have ever seen (which is lofty), to see all of the bags set up for the guys that they built overnight and drove the 2 hours to get there just so everybody had their brand new clubs ready to play. Seeing the smiles from guys walk down to the range was something special.

2014 UST Event

Danny Le showing guys better dispersion and better length for every single participant in the room on Trackman. No manipulation, it was very easy. Hit your driver, hit the new driver and shaft combo. What a great day that was with Danny and Rob educating people on the brand and the company.

Back