Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
I know we have a large following in Vegas. Y’all okay. Heard about that shooting. Hope you guys are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From what it sounds like, I think all THPers that were at the event are safe.

WTF makes someone do something like that?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

#FiberLaunch

Read - on FOX News IIRC - that the shooter "was known to authorities". Not sure what that means. If he legally purchased his rifles, would that be considered "known"? Or does "known" mean they knew he was capable of being a bad dude?

Read - on FOX News IIRC - that the shooter "was known to authorities". Not sure what that means. If he legally purchased his rifles, would that be considered "known"? Or does "known" mean they knew he was capable of being a bad dude?

I don't see how legally purchasing firearms would make one known to authorities. An article I saw said he had been cited for something and it was handled through the court system, but there were no specifics given.

I don't see how legally purchasing firearms would make one known to authorities. An article I saw said he had been cited for something and it was handled through the court system, but there were no specifics given.
I wasn't sure if a backgound check, would be considered "known to the authorities" or not. Understandably, solid information is hard to come by right now.

I wasn't sure if a backgound check, would be considered "known to the authorities" or not. Understandably, solid information is hard to come by right now.

Not really. "Known to authorities" usually means he's had a history of threats or violence, or known to associate with known bad guys. All a background check did was to confirm that he could legally own a firearm at the time he bought it.

every news outlet is reporting they knew nothing about the shooter.

We believe all Wilson people are as well. I am still waiting on official confirmation.

Yes Lindsey posted in the travel thread that everybody is good.

glad to hear all is OK, that's some scary stuff.

I don't do The Post, and read it somewhere as well. I've been to several news outlets, so not sure which one it was (thought it was FOX News). I'm also scouring written media, so can't say what they're talking about on air.

EDITED: https://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/...ad-in-massacre-trump-calls-act-pure-evil.html
Federal law enforcement sources told Fox News that Paddock "was known to local authorities" in Vegas, and multiple weapons were found in his hotel room in the gold-colored glass skyscraper.

I spoke with VegasMav this morning. He is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just glad all THP'ers and Wilson Staff employees are safe.

Happy everyone is okay.

As to the shooter, let's wait for facts before "known to authorities" is tossed around. After almost every massacre like this, we hear the phrase "known to authorities." It means nothing without more. Let's hope the wounded recover, and all who attended -- both mentally and physically.

58-59 dead, over 515 wounded

Last edited:
Glad everyone is safe. Had an acquaintance at the show, horrific to read her account.

I just popped on the forum to ask the same thing. I know we had a group out there as well as locals. Hope and pray all our guys are okay, and pray for those who've lost someone this tragic day.

Sad world we live in ....Thoughts and prayers to those suffering today.

We believe all Wilson people are as well. I am still waiting on official confirmation.
I head one of them being interviewed from Las Vegas on PGA Tour radio on XM this morning. Duffy Calahan(????) I believe. Did not sound as though there were any concerns with their follks.

Shooter was from mesquite. Recently purchased a $370K house. Everyone from neighbors to his family are shocked at what he did. Zero run in with the law man. Nothing. Very odd to say the least.

Vegas Guys Okay?

My wife, son, his fiancé and I were at ground zero during the shootings.
We all feel very lucky to be alive, we were put in the Luxor to wait until the active situation was over.

We all feel happy to escape unscathed, but seen some horrific sights, and sounds.
We all helped where we could while being in hysteric panic mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back