Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

I really like that sound. The classic was a great putter and I really see this one knocking the ghost out of the bag. I miss my blade.

Great info Dean. What was your putter before reviewing this one? Outside of the obvious alignment aid, what is the biggest difference?

Was using my old trusty Nike Method 003 for most rounds. Every now and then would throw in a SC Newport 2.5. Biggest difference is the plumbers neck, I haven't gamed one of them in years. Also insert vs milled(with some polymer filled grooves on the method). Also this is longer by an 1 to 1.5 inches depending on model. SS grip vs stock on this.

Was using my old trusty Nike Method 003 for most rounds. Every now and then would throw in a SC Newport 2.5. Biggest difference is the plumbers neck, I haven't gamed one of them in years. Also insert vs milled(with some polymer filled grooves on the method). Also this is longer by an 1 to 1.5 inches depending on model. SS grip vs stock on this.

Are you still able to maintain the same pace/lag putting or have you seen an improvement?

Are you still able to maintain the same pace/lag putting or have you seen an improvement?

pace has been pretty good with it. Nothing noticeably better or worse on those putts yet. Today didn't have many on course opportunities for those, on the practice green things were good.

Thanks. This is one in looking forward to next month. All the talk about the alignment has me very curious and anxious to learn more.

muted thwack is a good way to describe it. If I was to throw it on the softness scale of 1-10, with 1 being the softest, I would say it would be probably a 3.5. There are softer out there, but this is certainly more on the softer side than firm to me.

Oh jeez. Sign me up. It went from a want to a need I think.

muted thwack is a good way to describe it. If I was to throw it on the softness scale of 1-10, with 1 being the softest, I would say it would be probably a 3.5. There are softer out there, but this is certainly more on the softer side than firm to me.

Was the same way Deano.....thought the SS TFi was much softer feeling than the orig. Good to see your seeing the same thing.

Not to be Negative Nellie, but is there anything going on with the putter that your not liking or wish was different at all?

Outside of sound, there is something this putter offers that there aren't many others out there that do, and that is peace of mind. Knowing that the alignment aid is perfectly positioned each time makes one less thing to worry about. Today's round was mostly consisting of putts inside 20 feet. Inside of 10 feet I really liked the performance I was seeing. Had 3 birdies inside of he 9 holes that I played, which 2 of them were good putts from about that 10 foot range. After the round I took in the neighborhood of 50 putts on the practice green working on lag and speed control. The insert gives a feeling of being consistent which is certainly nice. I think those who are heading to Cleveland HQ next month are going to be in for a real treat when they get these in hand.

To me this is HUGE! How often do we stand over the putt thinking "Man I need this to drop" all the while trying to read the line, remember the stroke and then finally check, double check, triple check for alignment. KNOWING that I'm aligned will greatly increase confidence in my putting. So excited for Oct. 23rd to get here.

I'm a sucker for a soft "feeling" putter, really looking forward to seeing these in person.

Thanks for the videos Dean, keep up the great work.

The more I hear about these the more I want one.

Calling my Cleveland guy now, I have to reserve an 8.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Calling my Cleveland guy now, I have to reserve an 8.0.

Ok, order was placed, now the wait is on.

I was just able to spend some time on the Cleveland website and I must admit at first I thought I was all for the 8.0 but now I am strongly leaning toward the 6.5 mid mallet. Using both the Odyssey Tank 2 ball at 400g, which is a heavy handed putter, and the Cleveland Classic at a light 340g which I like but it's too light for my liking I feel that the TFi 2135 6.5 will be my match made in heaven. The 2 ball is nice on our slower muni courses where I can really give the ball a solid hit but on faster greens I have a bit more trouble judging just how hard to tap it. Maybe somewhere in the middle is where I need to be? I have alot to learn and what better way to learn than from the best in the industry at the UP and Down event!

Man oh man.. This will absolutely be in the bag.

Interested to see your thoughts after the weekend of golf assuming it's still in play

The more I have thought about these, the more it makes sense why I love putters with alignment aids on the topline or none at all. But the slightly lower position will be even better. Makes perfect sense.

Was the same way Deano.....thought the SS TFi was much softer feeling than the orig. Good to see your seeing the same thing.

Not to be Negative Nellie, but is there anything going on with the putter that your not liking or wish was different at all?

sorry for the delayed response. The only thing right now that I think could have been improved is the black finish. Not saying it's bad, but it doesn't scream premium to me. In fairness at 129, perhaps people aren't look at this is as that type of putter.

Friday morning I played 18 before heading off for the weekend. This putter and I got off to a really good start. Through 6 holes I had 7 putts and had made 4 putts in that 10-12 foot range. The one that missed needed 1 more rotation. Things cooled off a bit after that, but not terribly. 1 3 putt on the day for me. The alignment aid for me just works. It makes complete sense and I have bought in to it. Speed control was excellent and I give some of that to the type of feeling I get from the insert.

I'm definitely following this with interest...I can't wait to try one after they're released next week. I do like the feeling on the TFi face on their other putters.

Really good feedback because every time I putt, all I can think about is this alignment.

I'm anxious to get the education on this one in person. This alignment method/aid seems to be the game changer I need.

Dean,
7 putts in 6 holes, sounds like you're becoming comfortable with the 2135. Keep up the good work.

I'm dying to get this one on the greens, I need a pick-me-up big time.

The rep is supposed to have mine Friday afternoon at 2:00. Can't wait.

I really love the looks of this alignment aid. Would love to test how it works in real life

Back