2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using the MyFitnessPal app? I'm using to track my food and make sure I eat enough to gain. It's got a barcode scanner and I just scan everything I've been eating and it puts it right in there for me haha it's pretty damn awesome
I am. I think my name on it is Sudseh

Nothing a bit of chiro/trigger-point can't fix. :)
Yup. It's already feeling better. I've regained most of the feeling in my left foot

I am currently sitting on a lacrosse ball, trying to release my piriformis. Hurts so good.

Getting back in the gym today. Starting to look forward to these days. Did the 7 minute workout app yesterday morning. Squat/OH Press/Deadlift today

Back on the workout track for me today. Jogged two miles. It's been a couple years since I last worked out (I used to work out 4-5 days a week). Right now going to start with cardio and some core stuff (like p90x abs, etc.). No free weights yet as I don't have a gym membership, but definitely doing push-ups and stuff as well.

Been tracking my calories the last few days with that app and I was pretty far off with what I thought I was eating haha. I was guessing somewhere around 2600 or something but after actually tracking I've been consistently at 3500 to 3900. That's good news for me, gotta try to keep it up. Happy that those calories aren't coming from junk either

Been tracking my calories the last few days with that app and I was pretty far off with what I thought I was eating haha. I was guessing somewhere around 2600 or something but after actually tracking I've been consistently at 3500 to 3900. That's good news for me, gotta try to keep it up. Happy that those calories aren't coming from junk either

Whoa. 3900 clean calories. That's impressive.

Ok now you know im going to ask why you're shocked lol tell me

I guess, it depends on what you're eating and our respective definitions of "clean" is. When I hear "clean calories" I think of unprocessed food. That's just a lot of unprocessed foods. Processed food is loaded with calories. That's just why I'm shocked. Because of the discipline to hit your caloric goals and not do it with McDoubles.

Whole milk with every meal

Just finished a cardio workout and about to head to the range.

I guess, it depends on what you're eating and our respective definitions of "clean" is. When I hear "clean calories" I think of unprocessed food. That's just a lot of unprocessed foods. Processed food is loaded with calories. That's just why I'm shocked. Because of the discipline to hit your caloric goals and not do it with McDoubles.
I've been eating a ton of grilled chicken, steak, eggs, brown rice, potatoes and some veggies but I'm still snacking, just not on candy and soda is what I meant by junk. Definitely eating a good amount of nuts, yogurt, granola, protein shakes, organic peanut butter, and of course milk. Gotta throw some bacon in there too which is pretty much junk lol so no I'm not 100% clean but not getting 1000s from snickers and such. Trying to do a decent job haha nothing frozen which was a norm for me

I've been eating a ton of grilled chicken, steak, eggs, brown rice, potatoes and some veggies but I'm still snacking, just not on candy and soda is what I meant by junk. Definitely eating a good amount of nuts, yogurt, granola, protein shakes, organic peanut butter, and of course milk. Gotta throw some bacon in there too which is pretty much junk lol so no I'm not 100% clean but not getting 1000s from snickers and such. Trying to do a decent job haha nothing frozen which was a norm for me
You're doing good my man. Keep it up. If anything, maybe more calories will help gain weight faster . But if you're happy with your increases, I see no reason to change anything.

You're doing good my man. Keep it up. If anything, maybe more calories will help gain weight faster . But if you're happy with your increases, I see no reason to change anything.
Thanks. More than 3900 you mean? Oof I feel like that would be hard lol sure I posted I'm meeting that goal but I never said it was easy hahaha you'd think for a skinny guy id be hungrier but some days just arent that way.

Ran 5 miles yesterday at a good pace, so been doing nicely with the running and cardio lately, just need to quit slacking with the strength training. More this week.

I'm pretty sure I pinched my sciatic nerve deadlifting yesterday .

That sucks dude. Hope you feel better soon. Getting ready to start resistance training, so hoping i can avoid issues!

That sucks dude. Hope you feel better soon. Getting ready to start resistance training, so hoping i can avoid issues!
On the brightside, I'm learning how to rehab a different injury

Squats, bench, and pull downs tonight, and for the first time I couldn't complete my work sets on the bench. I got through squats but it was a struggle, and on bench I couldn't get the 5th rep on my work sets. It's possible with a spotter I could have gutted through it, but I worked really hard on the 4th rep and wasn't going to risk it on the 5th, so I ended up doing 3x4. I got through pull downs fine.

Blu, given that I didn't complete the work sets this time, where do I go from here?

Squats, bench, and pull downs tonight, and for the first time I couldn't complete my work sets on the bench. I got through squats but it was a struggle, and on bench I couldn't get the 5th rep on my work sets. It's possible with a spotter I could have gutted through it, but I worked really hard on the 4th rep and wasn't going to risk it on the 5th, so I ended up doing 3x4. I got through pull downs fine.

Blu, given that I didn't complete the work sets this time, where do I go from here?
Try again next time. Is there a power rack in the gym?

Try again next time. Is there a power rack in the gym?

Yes there is. I bet you're going to tell me to bench in that next time, right??

Yes there is. I bet you're going to tell me to bench in that next time, right??
Yessir. I bench in power racks all the time. Set the safeties up so they're higher than your throat but below your chest. And then give it HELL.

Just finished my Monday routine, had some breakthroughs. I didnt see any pb for weight but my form was the best it's ever been, and no discomfort. After talking with Blu and watched a few more videos to really attempt to dial in my bench and squats. I widened my grip a wee bit more, focused on getting my shoulders set and completely changed the way my feet were and booom! I was able to do an extra rep per set at 135 and didnt feel any discomfort going lower to my chest. It just felt so much more powerful and easier. Wow I absolutely was not getting that feeling before haha felt like I was almost driving with my legs kinda and my shoulders just felt powerful. Obviously thats a much better position lol. For the squats I made sure to stretch more and did some extra warm ups with the bar to get things flowing. Once again widened my stance a wee bit and freaking boooom I was going to parallel and that was my biggest struggle the last couple weeks. Also added a rep per set with those. Just overall felt good and I feel very confident adding more weight next time. Crazy what a difference form makes huh? Blu how come you never mentioned form to me???

Just finished my Monday routine, had some breakthroughs. I didnt see any pb for weight but my form was the best it's ever been, and no discomfort. After talking with Blu and watched a few more videos to really attempt to dial in my bench and squats. I widened my grip a wee bit more, focused on getting my shoulders set and completely changed the way my feet were and booom! I was able to do an extra rep per set at 135 and didnt feel any discomfort going lower to my chest. It just felt so much more powerful and easier. Wow I absolutely was not getting that feeling before haha felt like I was almost driving with my legs kinda and my shoulders just felt powerful. Obviously thats a much better position lol. For the squats I made sure to stretch more and did some extra warm ups with the bar to get things flowing. Once again widened my stance a wee bit and freaking boooom I was going to parallel and that was my biggest struggle the last couple weeks. Also added a rep per set with those. Just overall felt good and I feel very confident adding more weight next time. Crazy what a difference form makes huh? Blu how come you never mentioned form to me???
Do as I say...

Dude, I pinched a nerve in my back because I deadlifted with shatty form. My hips flew up and my shoulders stayed low. Essentially, I tried to straight leg 505.

Also, I still want to see a squat video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back