The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt see this mentioned (im sure I missed it), but anybody still think ESPN has no bias? Ya know, because they always put out a top 11 and all.

Oh those famous top 11 lists.

I didnt see this mentioned (im sure I missed it), but anybody still think ESPN has no bias? Ya know, because they always put out a top 11 and all.

They make fun of it on espn radio all the time. Their own bias.

Hey now ... those 140 characters don't grow on trees. You got to make them all count! Not their fault that two acronym schools are in the top 10 and left them with all those extra characters with no teams to use them.

It's 4 games. Two more than what we currently have and we all know it's going to expand again once the current contract is over, because ... money.

Well, 3-4 if we wish to be totally accurate, since the top four teams would presumably get byes.

To eliminate any controversy over who gets a bye and who doesn't, I propose 16 teams. In four weeks.

Just put the conference Champs in.

If you can't win your division you shouldn't be in the playoff. Sorry I know some team may have a hurt qb when they played blah in a head to head and that would have changed everything.

Well to bad, win your conference, playoff ticket.

It always makes me laugh when they put TCU & Baylor in the top 5, knowing that one or both won't be there in the end. They get credit for "not being biased". How far did the amazing #3 Ole Miss drop?

Well it's clear, ESPN hates the ACC.

Just put the conference Champs in.

If you can't win your division you shouldn't be in the playoff. Sorry I know some team may have a hurt qb when they played blah in a head to head and that would have changed everything.

Well to bad, win your conference, playoff ticket.

So, ND would thus be excluded from any chance at a National Championship.

Defending champs and still haven't lost, no matter how ugly its been. Like it or not, it still counts for something.
You really think they are the best team in the country right now? Defending champs or not.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You really think they are the best team in the country right now? Defending champs or not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yup. (Just because I dislike them.)

No, the above would only work if you get rid of independents and weaker conferences, and should only be implemented when that happens.

Until they lose, yes. I can say that without hesitation.

FSU lost one game in the last 2 and half seasons and they aren't even in the top 10. Osu lost last season and they are #1. How is that so? You can't be that blind to think osu has played the best football this year? That is the whole point of rankings.

FSU lost one game in the last 2 and half seasons and they aren't even in the top 10. Osu lost last season and they are #1. How is that so? You can't be that blind to think osu has played the best football this year? That is the whole point of rankings.

To paraphrase the video from earlier... to be the man, you have to beat the man. FSU was beaten in their title defense... They are not 'the man'. OSU has not been beaten since. You are reaching in your argument.

To paraphrase the video from earlier... to be the man, you have to beat the man. FSU was beaten in their title defense... They are not 'the man'. OSU has not been beaten since. You are reaching in your argument.

FSU went undefeated in the regular season during their title defense. Yet they weren't ranked #1 at the end of the year. Not reaching at all. Just stating facts Jack.

You're right, I have an opinion so I'm clearly blind.

They're the defending Champs, they haven't lost, until they do they should be #1 imo. I thought the same about FSU, and would any other team who was defending. I realize you don't like that personal opinion, but, tough luck.

You can't lose the top of the mountain unless someone knocks you off the top.

That being said, we've seen it a few times where if a top 5 school plays another top 5 school and works them, they'll usually leapfrog 1 if 1 played really bad and won.

You can't lose the top of the mountain unless someone knocks you off the top.

That being said, we've seen it a few times where if a top 5 school plays another top 5 school and works them, they'll usually leapfrog 1 if 1 played really bad and won.
Shut up Wardy, you're blind like me.

They're the defending Champs, they haven't lost, until they do they should be #1 imo. I thought the same about FSU, and would any other team who was defending. I realize you don't like that personal opinion, but, tough luck.
Easy killa.
Calm down its just college football.

Easy killa.
Calm down its just college football.

Coming from the pot stirrer, thats pretty funny.

Same to you brochacha.

Sure, why not? Screw ND. They are mostly overrated and irrelevant anyways, so who cares? They need to join a conference already.

If God himself would keel over in pain at the though of TD Jesus being left out in the cold then fine, 6 team playoff, conference winners from the 5 highest rated conferences and one at large big. Top two seeded teams get a bye. The committee's job get simplified to: a) rank the conferences; b) determine the lone at large bid; c) rank the playoff teams 1-6.

My question is, where is the outrage when a champion doesn't even start the season #1. Which happens quite a bit.

I've never believed you shouldn't drop just because you win. In college style points matter, and so does quality of opponent.

Of course I'm fine with you having an opinion, enjoying the debate.

Coming from the pot stirrer, thats pretty funny.

Same to you brochacha.
How am I stirring the pot? Aren't I entitled to my opinion as well?

If you have a problem with me than shoot me a pm and we can be men about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back