Drinks while flying

Occasionally, maybe 1/4 of the time. A lot of short flights for me and I have to drive frequently upon landing. Bailey's on the rocks or Bloody Mary is what I go with.

I have never gotten the point, I always end up being like OK, now what. I'm stuck in a seat, right ready to dance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD and coke, or whatever Southwest has as their cocktail of the month. Usually stick to a couple on longer flights. Shorter ones I skip the drinks since I'm usually driving right after.

Beer(s) for sure. And I always have a fun time checking out the airport bar at 8am. Good crowd.

I'm Exec Plat but with a lot of miles, not barely there, with AA so it's rare when I'm not sitting up front. Over the course of this year the only time I've had a few pops on the plane where on 2 flights home from Maui when I was hoping a little wine would help me sleep. Its not uncommon to see people pounding free booze up there and it amazes me, seems a bit pathetic.

Beer is free on international flights. On a trip to Italy my wife may or may not have asked me to slow down because "people were looking worried." Little did they know I was a professional.
+1.....I always wonder how people could waste such a good opportunity sleeping. What better excuse do you have to drink, being stuck in a flying tube for 10+ hours isn't one of them?

Bloody Mary's til the plane runs out of fixings.

Sometimes yes...sometimes no....just depends on my desires at the time.

Haha. I have 15 in my man purse right now and probably another 20 sitting around the house. I also get one for just about every flight as I travel business select almost every flight.
bc13df5ca2e0c7f4142426766af94150.jpg

I'm taking Southwest across country in a couple weeks. Just sayin'... :D

I don't fly enough to probably answer this. I can say that I've never had a drink while flying. Not that I'm against it, it's just that the last time I flew I was with my wife and kids. With that said, I could have used one on the last leg of that flight as my 5 year old (4 at the time) threw a pretty big fit about not being able to "sit with Mom" because she thought it was "Her turn to". Ya, that about drove me to drinking.

Years ago I flew on Northwest for business purposes. As a result through their frequent flyer program I just about always got an automatic first class upgrade. When the flight attendant asked if I would like a drink I just said--I'll have what the pilots are having.

All depends on what it is for. For business, not going, but for sure coming back. For leisure, coming and going. Get the party started.

I should more often!

Every once in a while. Usually the trips are so early in the morning it's not adequate drinking time, or it's such a short flight it's like why bother.

Not much of a drinker to start with , but drinking makes me want to go to the restroom, and usually that hits really bad on decent ...

Bailey's and coffee!

I don't, merely because I don't want to have to get up and use the restroom on the plane. If I were on anything more than a 3 hour flight (in one leg), I probably would.

~Rock

I don't typically get booze on planes because planes typically don't have good booze.

#RealMenDrinkGoodBourbon

Only if I get bumped up to first class. If morning, a bloody mary, if in the evening, beer.

At the San Diego airport waiting to go home to New Orleans. Jameson and ginger ale.
c54fcb6e2ae9c3f37fa19adff49e1978.jpg

Years ago I flew on Northwest for business purposes. As a result through their frequent flyer program I just about always got an automatic first class upgrade. When the flight attendant asked if I would like a drink I just said--I'll have what the pilots are having.

That could get scary when she brings a gin and tonic

In the plane not usually. But at the airport, always. Scotch for me today as I am waiting to board a 3-1/2 hour flight.

Bailey's and coffee!

If it's a morning flight, I cannot resist this, especially if I'm in First, but even if I'm paying. Rarely do I have anything on afternoon flights.

I always tell the fight attendant "I'll have what the pilot's having."

I always tell the fight attendant "I'll have what the pilot's having."
And that joke still works? You should be placed on the no fly list.

Back