The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLB is so freaking in trouble its absurd.
I really hope they rebound.
So many teams have big tv deals in the works or coming its going to get even worse

So many teams have big tv deals in the works or coming its going to get even worse

Oh it sure is. Im trying to find the 29 page article I read on my last flight that discussed this very thing.

Oh it sure is. Im trying to find the 29 page article I read on my last flight that discussed this very thing.
Post it if u do id love to read it

Espn reporting 6 years 206

MLB is so freaking in trouble its absurd.
I really hope they rebound.
At some point you'd figure teams would stop doing this simply because there's a competitive advantage to be gained by not signing players to these contracts. Why not just wait for someone to be in year 2 or 3 of one of these deals when you can get the player for a mid-level prospect and force the original team to play 1/2 the salary? You get the name player at a discount price and still force a competitor to pay 10-15M per season for no player. Then reinvest that same money in your farm system / foreign players.

Samardzija to the giant 5/$90mil. Much more reasonable,deal,than what we saw the last couple days

Samardzija to the giant 5/$90mil. Much more reasonable,deal,than what we saw the last couple days

Not if he duplicates the 1 - 8, 9+ ERA he did last year after the trading deadline. I personally think the Tigers got a much better deal, and pitcher, with paying Zimmerman $20 mill more over the same number of years. I am a fan of Samardzija and hope he succeeds in SF though.

Why is baseball in trouble? Attendance was up, revenue was up, new teams are making the playoffs? Sure it isn't football, or even where it was back in the 80s but it isn't like attendance is declining

Not if he duplicates the 1 - 8, 9+ ERA he did last year after the trading deadline. I personally think the Tigers got a much better deal, and pitcher, with paying Zimmerman $20 mill more over the same number of years. I am a fan of Samardzija and hope he succeeds in SF though.

Zimmerman is a much better pitcher. Not sure what happen to samardzija in the second half but i don't think that's him.

Iwakuma reportedly signs with the Dodgers. He's not Greinke but he's good. Switch facing a pitcher for a DH and I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers aren't far off Greinke's 2016 numbers with him pitching in Arizona.

The Dodgers are also reportedly optimistic about landing Chapman from the Reds for prospects.

Dodgers land Chapman for 2 non-elite prospects.

According to MLB< chapman deal isnt done:

2:13pm: The trade is not yet finished, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon (links toTwitter). Not only that, but Sheldon hears that there are other clubs involved who could swoop in and acquire Chapman at the last minute.

Got a little worried when I opened up ESPN.com and saw Fernandez and Yankees in the same sentence. False alarm luckily.

On a more positive note, won't have to watch Wade Miley get lit up anymore in Fenway. He is Seattle bound for a good bullpen piece and another pitcher who's role I guess will be determined in spring training.

According to MLB< chapman deal isnt done:

2:13pm: The trade is not yet finished, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon (links toTwitter). Not only that, but Sheldon hears that there are other clubs involved who could swoop in and acquire Chapman at the last minute.

Apparently nobody may want him. Just read about potential domestic violence charges against him from a 10/30 incident. Strange how it just now sees the light of day more than a month after it occurred.

Got a little worried when I opened up ESPN.com and saw Fernandez and Yankees in the same sentence. False alarm luckily.

On a more positive note, won't have to watch Wade Miley get lit up anymore in Fenway. He is Seattle bound for a good bullpen piece and another pitcher who's role I guess will be determined in spring training.
I don't understand this one for the Mariners at all. Their bullpen was horrible but they give up a rare solid piece to get a journeyman lefty who's statistically no different/maybe worse than the lefty starter they send to Boston. It's like someone's got compromising pictures of the new Seattle GM or something.

Sounds like a great guy. If the deal falls apart maybe he can put on a few lbs and play safety for the Cowboys - they are always on the lookout for future leaders.

From ESPN:

Chapman fired eight gunshots in the garage of his Davie, Florida, home and was accused of choking his girlfriend during the Oct. 30 incident, according to a police report obtained by Yahoo! Sports.

Chapman's girlfriend told police that the incident started when she questioned him about something on his cellphone. Chapman admitted to police that he fired the gun but denied choking his girlfriend.

Sounds like a great guy. If the deal falls apart maybe he can put on a few lbs and play safety for the Cowboys - they are always on the lookout for future leaders.

From ESPN:

Chapman fired eight gunshots in the garage of his Davie, Florida, home and was accused of choking his girlfriend during the Oct. 30 incident, according to a police report obtained by Yahoo! Sports.

Chapman's girlfriend told police that the incident started when she questioned him about something on his cellphone. Chapman admitted to police that he fired the gun but denied choking his girlfriend.
Yeah but he hit 103 on the radar gun this year. Supposedly that was on the mound and not I-75

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Zobrist signs with the Cubs. $56 million for four years.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #DBacks agree to acquire Shelby Miller from #Braves, pending a review of medical records.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #DBacks agree to acquire Shelby Miller from #Braves, pending a review of medical records.

Gall, he was one of the Braves bright spots. Not surprised they would ship him off

Who'd the Ysnks and DBacks give up in their respective deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back