Ryder Cup - 2016 (Spoilers)

I got group C, just hoping there are some left by the time they get to me.

On the wait list for tickets. Booo. I hope some THPers have better luck and I find a way to go.

Me too, pretty disappointed about it too.

Me too, pretty disappointed about it too.
I'm on the waiting list as well. Sucks since I only live 2 1/2 hours away. I'm hoping I get lucky or someone as extras! (Hint, hint) haha

Foooooore!

Waiting list for me as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't get selected, neither did my friend. We have a few more people to check on but its not looking good.

Group D here.

6 of us applied for tickets and one of us got selected so we have 4 tickets. We will buy the other 2 tickets online or from scalpers. We are planning a 4 or 5 day trip -1 day at the event and 36 holes of golf on the other days.

DLIII just named 3 assistant captains: Steve Stricker, Jim Furyk, and Tiger Woods. Guess which name is surprising on that list....

DLIII just named 3 assistant captains: Steve Stricker, Jim Furyk, and Tiger Woods. Guess which name is surprising on that list....
I'll say none of them!!!

I'll say none of them!!!

Furyk is currently ranked #9 in the world. Seems odd to make him an assistant captain when he probably has a good shot to qualify for the team on points. Also, if being an assistant captain is partly to set a person up to be captain down the road, seems odd to make Tiger an assistant captain before Phil Mickelson. But if Tiger doesn't play in 2016, then he's got a lot of time to devote to this role.

Hey look, I called it.
No question about it, it was coming.

Found out today that our boy Perkis got selected to purchase some tickets, looks like we'll have 4 of the Sioux Falls crew there live!

Once it gets closer we'll need to find some more MPLS area THP'ers who are going and get together for a round of golf as part of the week's events.

Hey look, I called it.
No question about it, it was coming.

I guess TW might be done? At least through 2016

I got selected, but unsure yet if I will be going. May grab some anyway

TW is gonna suck the air out of the room.

Furyk is currently ranked #9 in the world. Seems odd to make him an assistant captain when he probably has a good shot to qualify for the team on points. Also, if being an assistant captain is partly to set a person up to be captain down the road, seems odd to make Tiger an assistant captain before Phil Mickelson. But if Tiger doesn't play in 2016, then he's got a lot of time to devote to this role.
I hear ya, honestly all 3 of them could have a chance on the team, but unlikely for the other 2. I wonder if Furyk would be a playing/asst captain?

Surprised to see Furyk on this list...he was on President's Cup and injury kept him off.....what happens if he plays his way onto the team?

I knew Tiger was going to be named....wonder if that means he is going to be shelved for 2016?

Found out today that our boy Perkis got selected to purchase some tickets, looks like we'll have 4 of the Sioux Falls crew there live!

Once it gets closer we'll need to find some more MPLS area THP'ers who are going and get together for a round of golf as part of the week's events.

I have my tickets already, so let's start the brainstorming.

Surprised to see Furyk on this list...he was on President's Cup and injury kept him off.....what happens if he plays his way onto the team?

I knew Tiger was going to be named....wonder if that means he is going to be shelved for 2016?
According to DLIII, Phil wanted to concentrate on playing his way onto the team. If he is out of it come next summer, I bet he gets a nod to Asst Captain.
TW - he will absolutely be a Ryder Cup captain someday. As will Phil and RFowler. They are too involved now to not be captains down the road, even if just to say "Thanks for all your support."

I was selected to buy tickets. I cannot make a decision what day to buy. If you could only go one day, would you choose Fri, Sat, or Sun? What day is best (in your opinion). why?

Last edited:
Ryder Cup - 2016 (Spoilers)

Saturday - Not sure why. While singles would be a great experience I like the idea of team ball.

Saturday - Not sure why. While singles would be a great experience I like the idea of team ball.

Thanks! I'm leaning towards sat as well. Not good at decisions like this. I consider this a once and a lifetime experience and don't want to mess it up! :act-up:

Thanks! I'm leaning towards sat as well. Not good at decisions like this. I consider this a once and a lifetime experience and don't want to mess it up! :act-up:

Either way yo go the experience will be amazing.

Back