Scotty Cameron putters

Snagged a Studio Select Laguna 1.5 to do some refinishing/customizing to, always loved the look of them.

I have one of these also and it's my fallback putter. I always seen to end up going back to it, the shape is just so comfortable to me.

Full restoration close to 45 days I believe. So mid April at the latest I'm guessing. Hoping for a quicker turnaround

I've got one at the Custom Shop for just a reshaft and it's been 3 weeks so they may be busy.

I love Cameron putters but putt better with Odyssey putters at half the price!

It's all about the bling.

541a4b5b143d30eeace8692dd65709b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh I want that cover. Passed on one last week.

I read this a lot, and I think that's great, but it's entirely subjective. I can go out right now and get a milled Cameron for 150 dollars that is a couple years old and in great shape, matching the price of an insert Odyssey. The craftsmanship is obviously different and the resale value of both from that point forward heavily favours the Scotty Cameron.

If it's about success rates with a putter, I strongly support picking the brand that works best for you. If it's a money thing, I don't really get it. Odyssey has/had 300+ dollar putters just like everyone else.

Just got a pre-order email for the new select line available 4/8. Exciting stuff

I can go out right now and get a milled Cameron for 150 dollars that is a couple years old and in great shape...
May I ask where? I've been jonesing to try a SC, and this is the range I'm about willing to spend on an experiment ... but outside of taking a huge change on eBay (or buying the ugly Detour) I can't find a plumber's neck for that price unless it's been put through the ringer and close to a thousand years old. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place though.

May I ask where? I've been jonesing to try a SC, and this is the range I'm about willing to spend on an experiment ... but outside of taking a huge change on eBay (or buying the ugly Detour) I can't find a plumber's neck for that price unless it's been put through the ringer and close to a thousand years old. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place though.

I don't think eBay is a "huge chance" at all. Find a seller with a really high feedback score with 100% and buy with confidence.

I got this one on eBay for 125 shipped and stripped the paintfill with the intentions of having some fun with it or sending it off to a place for a 100 dollar restore. I think sub 200 is a very realistic price for a majority of former OTR models... This guy just sits against the wall though haha.

eec6fc3b4605106e7c3a2e5f69354317.jpg

217a69fad3654eac0090188604cf40a1.jpg

I got this one on eBay for 125 shipped and stripped the paintfill with the intentions of having some fun with it or sending it off to a place for a 100 dollar restore. I think sub 200 is a very realistic price for a majority of former OTR models... This guy just sits against the wall though haha.

I love the naked look, I'm trying to find a stainless in near mint shape to go naked with it.

I love the naked look, I'm trying to find a stainless in near mint shape to go naked with it.

Man, I'm not sure I could go naked with the cherry bombs. I'm a big fan of them with colour.

Just got a pre-order email for the new select line available 4/8. Exciting stuff
Please share, I'm in the market for a new putter to lower my 1.9 Puts/hole... have it narrowed to a blade style scotty or a blade style bettinardi... for some reason I putt blades much better than mallets, Idk why maybe psychologically I like the clean blade look better?

Please share, I'm in the market for a new putter to lower my 1.9 Puts/hole... have it narrowed to a blade style scotty or a blade style bettinardi... for some reason I putt blades much better than mallets, Idk why maybe psychologically I like the clean blade look better?

How much would help that number though with a technique change vs putter change? Seems a lot cheaper of a gamble too lol

How much would help that number though with a technique change vs putter change? Seems a lot cheaper of a gamble too lol
Shoot, if you're after a magical blade putter, there are many options for less than $380.

I've got lessons lined up twice a week from now till club clash with the local pro at Chi CHi rodriguez (john hayes FWIW) but was thinking this might be a fun birthday present to myself to jumpstart the training

I've got lessons lined up twice a week from now till club clash with the local pro at Chi CHi rodriguez (john hayes FWIW) but was thinking this might be a fun birthday present to myself to jumpstart the training

True, but to me it's like buying a Ferrari when you're still learning to drive.

Are scottys and bettinardi's that highly regarded? You can tell I'm still fairly new with much to learn about this crazy game

It's way more fun to learn to drive in a Ferrari :act-up:

Are scottys and bettinardi's that highly regarded? You can tell I'm still fairly new with much to learn about this crazy game

They are good putters. So are Kingston, Byron Morgan, Bobby Grace, Machine, Carbon, etc etc .. Milled blades are just something fun. I have a Cleveland Classic I paid $69 for at Dicks that rocks some putts, but it's not as fun to use.

The email was from golfsmith but just about all stores should be taking pre-orders now

The email was from golfsmith but just about all stores should be taking pre-orders now
Thanks, Maybe I'll take both my birthday wants and Wards advice... and buy my ferrari putter, but don't use it until I properly learn to drive it

Thanks, Maybe I'll take both my birthday wants and Wards advice... and buy my ferrari putter, but don't use it until I properly learn to drive it
If you got it, use it. Just make sure that if you don't lower your putts/hole average it's your stroke and not the putter itself causing the issues. As long as you're sure you and that style get along, there shouldn't be an issue. Your stroke doesn't care about the price of the putter. It's not as if you can damage the putter by making a stroke (unless you like to chutt or putt on asphalt).

If you got it, use it. Just make sure that if you don't lower your putts/hole average it's your stroke and not the putter itself causing the issues. As long as you're sure you and that style get along, there shouldn't be an issue. Your stroke doesn't care about the price of the putter. It's not as if you can damage the putter by making a stroke (unless you like to chutt or putt on asphalt).
My first lesson is friday and he knows I want to work on literally very facet of my game before club clash, and that I only have 5 weeks, I purchased 10 lessons, so I'm assuming at least one or 2 of those lessons will be devoted entirely on putting and reading lines/working on tempo

I just figure if you're gonna spend 349-449 on a putter, you could use half of that on lessons and see how that gets you going first.

Back