Scotty Cameron putters

I just figure if you're gonna spend 349-449 on a putter, you could use half of that on lessons and see how that gets you going first.
Yeah to be honest I'll probably wait until the first few lessons go and how I'm progressing.. if I think i need more lessons (or on the course time with you helping) than I won't buy the putter and buy extra lessons before CC, if it's progressing like he says it should, I'll splurge on the birthday present

I got this one on eBay for 125 shipped and stripped the paintfill with the intentions of having some fun with it or sending it off to a place for a 100 dollar restore. I think sub 200 is a very realistic price for a majority of former OTR models... This guy just sits against the wall though haha.

eec6fc3b4605106e7c3a2e5f69354317.jpg

217a69fad3654eac0090188604cf40a1.jpg

GSS insert FTW! I still have a Newport 2 Studio Style with the GSS. I need to go back and re-acquire (for the 3rd time) a TeI3 - love that insert, and look, as well.

I got this one on eBay for 125 shipped and stripped the paintfill with the intentions of having some fun with it or sending it off to a place for a 100 dollar restore. I think sub 200 is a very realistic price for a majority of former OTR models... This guy just sits against the wall though haha.

eec6fc3b4605106e7c3a2e5f69354317.jpg

217a69fad3654eac0090188604cf40a1.jpg
I really like that putter....

GSS insert FTW! I still have a Newport 2 Studio Style with the GSS. I need to go back and re-acquire (for the 3rd time) a TeI3 - love that insert, and look, as well.

My biggest beef right now with the Tei3 models is the lack of weighting. 335 isn't my thing anymore, and having the BB with the ability to change the weight to make it heavier is absolutely awesome.

Love the Tei3, but they really need to give that insert another shot in an OTR that doesn't get destroyed if you leave it in a headcover, and has interchangeable weights.

My biggest beef right now with the Tei3 models is the lack of weighting. 335 isn't my thing anymore, and having the BB with the ability to change the weight to make it heavier is absolutely awesome.

Love the Tei3, but they really need to give that insert another shot in an OTR that doesn't get destroyed if you leave it in a headcover, and has interchangeable weights.
335g is insanity. 360 bare minimum

You need to calm down with this 360 lunacy.

Not sure how you play that heavy of a putter on fast greens all the power to you though ha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
It's really not any difference if you think about it...

360 at 33" vs 350 at 35". That's 12 swing weight points, which is 24 grams head weight. So in reality 350 at 35" is equivalent to 384 at 33. So it's you (Dan) with the swingweight lunacy!

Not sure how you play that heavy of a putter on fast greens all the power to you though ha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

it's what happens when you murder a putter shaft and cut it down to 30 inches. Needs to play head heavier.

It's really not any difference if you think about it...

360 at 33" vs 350 at 35". That's 12 swing weight points, which is 24 grams head weight. So in reality 350 at 35" is equivalent to 384 at 33. So it's you (Dan) with the swingweight lunacy!
Im With Kang here. Heavy is better :D

I tend to agree. I've learned that at 34" length my 365g Lajosi is too much weight and my 335g Tei3 is too little. 350g is pretty much the sweet spot for me.

I tend to agree. I've learned that at 34" length my 365g Lajosi is too much weight and my 335g Tei3 is too little. 350g is pretty much the sweet spot for me.
I'm at 350 right now at 35 but I bet I drop to 340 when the greens pick up speed.

Sounds like a 009 is right up your alley then ;)

Guess I'm the minority that doesn't mind playing anything on the spectrum from a 310g 8802 up to a 400+g mallet.

Oh, and I will own the new 2.5

Weight drama ahhhhhhhhhhhh

hahahaha personal preference drama llamas!

It's all in good fun.
Oh i know...plus it shouldnt matter since everyone is great at putting:)
And fwiw ive never been a fan of the heavier putters.

And finally i want the new 2 badly

Guess I'm the minority that doesn't mind playing anything on the spectrum from a 310g 8802 up to a 400+g mallet.

Oh, and I will own the new 2.5

The new 2.5 is high on my radar as well. I actually enjoy playing with all kinds of different putters and weights, but I just seem to be more comfortable and make more putts with a certain weight over others.

For anyone looking to pick up an affordable Scotty to try out, the Divot Daily Deal is used Select Golo S's for $120 plus $6 shipping. Pretty good price if that's a style you want to try. If it doesn't work it would be easy to get your money back on it. Not sure about the used condition though.

How much toe hang on the Studio Select Laguna 2?

Has anyone received their Club Cameron stuff for 2016 yet? It's getting kind of long.

Back