A new PB? or a lower cap?

A new PB? or a lower cap?

• a new PB

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • a lower handiccap

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters
A new personal best. Why? Because I quite frankly do not care about my handicap right now. I play what I play and that's that.

we should be friends. #SameMentality

I honestly wish my handicap was higher sometimes, haha. So I'd definitely rather shoot a new PB.

While a PB is great, the lower cap is more important to me - because I can do it more often. Consistency is important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to consider is that if you shoot a new personal best, chances are your handicap is going to be going down anyways.

Without a DOUBT new PB for me, not even close. I'd have to shoot a 66 to do that, and THAT would be awesome!

Lower cap for me, because it indicates being able to go lower consistently.

New personal best, for sure. My current personal best is a 71 (E). I would absolutely love to break par for one whole freakin' round.

I'll take the lower handicap. A PB is a one time thing and and I'd rather improve my "potential" to shoot a new PB.

PB. cap is a number that will fluctuate based on how im playing at the time.

PB all day.

I'd go for the PB, it's more memorable and I think as more time goes by I'm less and less as interested in where my cap is at any given moment.

Handicap I'd say for me. At my age (54) my best rounds score wise might be behind me, but I'd still be happy to top my PB.

Lower cap since it means better play over time.

Having a cap that is lower and trending in the right direction, means overall, on average, my game is progressing in the right direction. I've had a few PBs bookended by horrible rounds!!!

Something to consider is that if you shoot a new personal best, chances are your handicap is going to be going down anyways.

Well....I did mention a bit of the opposite where as that I felt a lower cap would probably yield a new PB. A new PB wouldn't really get your cap down much unless one had a number of rounds also near that new mark. People often hit a new PB and than resort back to their much higher (normal) scoring. A lot of times that new PB is a significant one time drop on a really great day but far from the norm where as one can score a new PB and then never tie it or even get within a couple of strokes of it for a very long time.

But as mentioned earlier it can all depend where one is currently at in their game that determines his/her views on this and/or also how often they may golf close to their own PB. For most higher cappers a new PB is probably in general something they don't get close to for very long periods of time while lower cappers may often golf near their PB mark much more often.

No rights or wrongs with any of this of course. Different views will come from different places and abilities and then there will also be many exceptions too :)

I'd say lower cap because it shows consistency.

Lower handicap for me. A PB would be great. But I wouldn't want people to write me off for one moment of brilliance. I don't need to be the THP version of Shawn Micheel.

Anyone can catch fire and shoot a PB. A lower cap shows continuous improvement leading to more often PB.
My thoughts exactly.

Lower cap, means Ive played decent golf at least 10 out of 20 rounds...a PB just signifies 1

Depends on how low the PB was. Ive never broken 80 on a par 72 course so if the pb was 79 id take the lower hcp. However if the PB was 1 under or something crazy like that I would take the PB over a lower hcp

PB for sure. Cap doesn't mean nearly as much as breaking 80 would mean.

pb for sure!

Lower cap, means Ive played decent golf at least 10 out of 20 rounds...a PB just signifies 1

That sums it up - I'd take shooting 10 excellent rounds over one PB.

Also personal best here.

Back