Ultimate Sun Protection Hats

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Alchemi Labs is known in the outdoor world for their headwear and I wanted to see what THPers thought of them for golf? Would the look keep you from wearing them, if they worked as advertised?

Radiant Barrier Reflects Heat Waves:
UPF Tested 800+,
Blocks 99.8% of UVRays,
Reflects up to 80% of the sun's heat waves.
Moisture-Wicking Sweatband
Adjustable Sizing
Light Weight

https://www.alchemilabs.com/products

maxresdefault.jpg

this-hat-uses-space-tech-to-protect-you-from-sun-alchemi-labs-sun-cap-review.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I would absolutely wear if it worked as advertised. As much time as I spend in the sun these days, I should probably look at something like this.

Of these I'd be more likely to wear the wide brim hat if it worked as advertised. I think it also looks more "normal" in its genre than the cap style.

The baseball hat is way too unstructured for me...it makes Jesper Parnevik's hat look cool.

View attachment 34496

Not at all. With a bare patch on the top back of my head, I need a hat, but want it to be ventilated.

• Admin
Not at all. With a bare patch on the top back of my head, I need a hat, but want it to be ventilated.

These are ventilated though.

What an awful looking hat, no way

I’d wear the adventure hat maybe at the beach or a hike, but not a chance I’d wear any of these on the course.

I'd wear that aussie/boonie hat!!
Having fair skin is terrible for loving the outdoors and sunscreen sucks to put on constantly.

I like the blue, but I need a wide brim cap.

Personally, not a fan of the sunbathing grandma look for the Sun Cap. The River hat isn't ugly.

These hats look like the laundry bags I used in college.

Hard pass from me.

Baseball style hat looks awful. I might wear the bucket.

I'll take the river had with wide brim if it works as advertised.
Need it in the CA sun especially with the climate change.
Looks are important, but health comes first.

The ultimate benefit is that you will blind your competitors.. that looks like it will shine in the sun...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'd look at the expedition one as long as the top isn't hole-filled for ventilation (is it?) as I'm follicly-challenged. That said, I find most hats hot (mostly wear Tilly hats for golf) so cooler would be a good thing.
At $39 bucks good pricing compared to Tilley. Plus the one size adjustable sizing if that works well. Picking the right size for a Tilley is sometimes a guess, especially on-line. Of course for we Canucks $ exchange and shipping is always an issue.
I could not get the product and pricing details to open for "Shop" using Firefox browser on my Mac. Had to open it on Safari to see details, so I suggest the retailer should work on that.
I would also suggest they be more specific on how the one size adjustability, crushability and washability for the wide brim hats especially works. Doesn't jump out at me from a quick site look.

I would have to try the Sun Cap on to see what it looks like on me before making a final decision.

Hard no...even if it works as advertised. Basically the same reason I don’t wear regular bucket hats...

I have visions of these hats making that "Crinkling" sound like a Car Windshield Sunshade.
I'd have to see one and then only the wide brim hats.

After this past weekend, I dont care what it looks like at all if it does what its advertised to do

Man, hard pass from me. That thing is terrible. It looks bedazzled.

I need a baseball style cap that has some structure to it so these would be a no for me. Now if they had a structured one I would consider them.

Looks absolutely kill it. Cool idea though.

Look rediculous, no thanks

Back