Cure Putters Review Thread

Are the classic series available in big box stores?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked mine up at the PGA SS

Wonder if I can find them at Golfsmith or galaxy since I'm up north

THP will have every putter in their line on the THP Tour Van in 2016 including an event in your home state.

THP will have every putter in their line on the THP Tour Van in 2016 including an event in your home state.
Don't forget the lefty version's. Thou I can't imagine giving up my rx3f. Still be nice to try out the new models.

I picked mine up at the PGA SS

The Cure Classic Series is in 8 PGA Tour Superstores (All 3 locations in Florida, All 3 locations in Georgia, and 2 Locations in Arizona - Scottsdale and N. Scottsdale)

Check our dealer locator for other retailers near you - http://cureputters.com/apps/store-locator

Remember we have a 30 day, 100% guarantee on all orders placed direct through our website or placed through our customer service.

Should have the Classic line in hand and on the tour van this coming week

Here is the 2016 line up. Classic Series are slightly oversized at 5", but not as big as the RX series.

2016_Putters_Group_950.jpg
That CX2 at 384g is intriguing.

Also, 603g in that RX4 would be one to try out too.

I believe the CX2 will be in my bag next week.

Solid.

Looks a bit larger than a typical blade, and if it is at 384g that is a nice setup.

It was a tough call between CX1 for me and CX2. Definitely keeping full weights in CX1, although still lighter than the CX2 with full weights

It was a tough call between CX1 for me and CX2. Definitely keeping full weights in CX1, although still lighter than the CX2 with full weights

Looking forward to trying them both.

Should have the Classic line in hand and on the tour van this coming week

Will be excited to put the CX line against the Nead and see how they compare weight and roll wise. I was a fan of the RX that I rolled, but I think it was just too much head for me (insert joke here)

Cure RX4

First Impressions

I chose this model as I wanted center shafted and a straight shaft.

My potential negatives about this putter (Cure) after reading any negatives by members here concerning the RX1 and RX2 models, were eliminated with the new design.

While the dimensions / specs are large, once you set it behind the ball, it just seems to be a natural fit.

The finish on the RX4 looks excellent and I would anticipate it to be very durable.

The face has a subtle milling pattern to it and compliments the look well.

Reading all the RX1 and RX2 reviews, I expected some sort of "ping or ring" that some had objected to. Using several different balls, this does not exist.

The balls I used was the 2015 Chrome soft and my standard B330RX.

Since joining the forum, I also purchased a used SeeMore FGP mallet.

I liked the feel / sound of the Cure much better.

The Chrome Soft was way too soft with the Seemore and felt almost mushy, and difficult for me to get the feedback I like. The B330RX / SeeMore was much better and a viable option, but the SeeMore will be leaving soon.

However, the feel / sound was much more solid with the RX4. Does the face feel firm or hard? Absolutely not.

Granted I am in Michigan and this only involves carpet tests, I like the feel of this putter and how it sets up.

The adjust-ability makes perfect sense to me, and what I need, as I am transitioning from a broom. The Cure, of course, allows me to not only adjust the weighting, but just as importantly the lie angle, a winter project. (I purchased the expanded weight kit also).

Other features I love are the slight cut away (heel & toe relief) to minimize turf drag and the added loft (from 0* on 1.5*). As explained to me via email from Cure, the added loft after feedback from the pros, makes it even more versatile on fringe putts.

Spring cannot come soon enough so I can dial in the distance control and confirm my settings.

If anyone passed on the Cure originally due to it's sound, I doubt you will be disappointed with the expanded RX models.

A great putter and I have already committed to playing it in 2016.

Thanks to Cure for their prompt and very detailed response to my email questions.

Last edited:
Really good stuff Potbunker. Enjoy the new flatstick.

Will be excited to put the CX line against the Nead and see how they compare weight and roll wise. I was a fan of the RX that I rolled, but I think it was just too much head for me (insert joke here)

I will be especially interested in hearing your thoughts, as we share an affinity for heavier putters.

Here is the 2016 line up. Classic Series are slightly oversized at 5", but not as big as the RX series.

2016_Putters_Group_950.jpg

The cx1 has a really natural look at address. I like that.

I also find it impressive that it can go from being a very 'normal' 334 grams to a heavy 376. That's a great mix for customization.

The cx1 has a really natural look at address. I like that.

I also find it impressive that it can go from being a very 'normal' 334 grams to a heavy 376. That's a great mix for customization.
It's bigger than I expected, and I liked that.

I got a chance to check out the CX2, and I really liked it. Similar size to the #1W that I like from Odyssey and a really nice weighting to it.

I could roll a CX2 and be happy.

The CX2 will get a serious look, I tried and did not get along with a older CURE with the insert but I look forward to trying the CX1 & 2 open mind all the time to new gear.

Cure RX4

First Impressions

I chose this model as I wanted center shafted and a straight shaft.

My potential negatives about this putter (Cure) after reading any negatives by members here concerning the RX1 and RX2 models, were eliminated with the new design.

While the dimensions / specs are large, once you set it behind the ball, it just seems to be a natural fit.

The finish on the RX4 looks excellent and I would anticipate it to be very durable.

The face has a subtle milling pattern to it and compliments the look well.

Reading all the RX1 and RX2 reviews, I expected some sort of "ping or ring" that some had objected to. Using several different balls, this does not exist.

The balls I used was the 2015 Chrome soft and my standard B330RX.

Since joining the forum, I also purchased a used SeeMore FGP mallet.

I liked the feel / sound of the Cure much better.

The Chrome Soft was way too soft with the Seemore and felt almost mushy, and difficult for me to get the feedback I like. The B330RX / SeeMore was much better and a viable option, but the SeeMore will be leaving soon.

However, the feel / sound was much more solid with the RX4. Does the face feel firm or hard? Absolutely not.

Granted I am in Michigan and this only involves carpet tests, I like the feel of this putter and how it sets up.

The adjust-ability makes perfect sense to me, and what I need, as I am transitioning from a broom. The Cure, of course, allows me to not only adjust the weighting, but just as importantly the lie angle, a winter project. (I purchased the expanded weight kit also).

Other features I love are the slight cut away (heel & toe relief) to minimize turf drag and the added loft (from 0* on 1.5*). As explained to me via email from Cure, the added loft after feedback from the pros, makes it even more versatile on fringe putts.

Spring cannot come soon enough so I can dial in the distance control and confirm my settings.

If anyone passed on the Cure originally due to it's sound, I doubt you will be disappointed with the expanded RX models.

A great putter and I have already committed to playing it in 2016.

Thanks to Cure for their prompt and very detailed response to my email questions.

Great Review Potbunker! Glad to hear you are pleased with the RX4 and we appreciate you taking the time to share your initial impression. Please keep us posted as you get more time with the putter and as always let us know if we can be of assistance.

The CX2 will get a serious look, I tried and did not get along with a older CURE with the insert but I look forward to trying the CX1 & 2 open mind all the time to new gear.

Thanks Jim54 - The general consensus is that the new Classic Series CX1 & CX2 are far superior to last year's RXi with the interchangeable inserts - Looks, Feel and Performance have all been dramatically improved. Hope you get a chance to try one soon.

Really had fun with the CX1 putter yesterday on the practice putting green. To me this seems like slightly larger and more stable 1W. Maybe Cure can answer this as I don't think it's on the website but what shaft is in the CX1? Is it a single/double bend .370 flare tip?

The straight shaft for my RX3F finally came in today. There were some sipping issues and they very busy over the Christmas and New Years holiday. I just blew a grip on it but still have not been able to try it out.

A BIG SHOUTOUT AND THANKS GOES TO GRANT. Due to all of the delays he was very apologetic and didn't charge me a cent for the shipping OR for the shaft. Now that's what I exceptional customer service !!!

It's great to have such fantastic forum spongers that look after their customers. :clapp:

Really had fun with the CX1 putter yesterday on the practice putting green. To me this seems like slightly larger and more stable 1W. Maybe Cure can answer this as I don't think it's on the website but what shaft is in the CX1? Is it a single/double bend .370 flare tip?

X.Man - The Classic Series shaft is a KBS “Pro Putter” double bend, 125 gram, parallel tip .370

Been at the practice putting green the past few days rolling the CX1 classic and the new W/S duo urethane golf ball. I have played the RX3 so I know what that sounds and feels like. The new CX1 classic line has a much more muted sound at impact. Although if you pay close attention you can still hear that it's made of aluminum. But you would have had to have Gamed the old CURE to understand the difference in sound pitch. The very light milling does enhance feel in my Opinion. It's a much softer feel and not so much of a hard click at impact. You still get the click but it's much less dense. The set up on this is very nice. I find myself standing over the ball a little bit more with my eyes directly over the sight line to line up correctly. The ball does come off hotter than the Rx3 did off the i think. Could be the added weight, could be Its stabilizing my stroke and I'm making contact closer to the center of the face, who knows! All I know is I'm making an abbreviated backstroke through the ball and that's Helping me with consistency as well. Day after day I'm getting much more comfortable with the CX1

I think it's time to drop something of a wide grip on this, load up the weight, and see just how much this face can accommodate a mediocre swing.

I still struggle with the sound after years of what I believe should sound right. I'm also insanely curious about how much an insert could improve it... Something non metal? Who knows. Wish this one had both options to see if it even made a difference.

62474d892d0bff4bfe134da32af306c3.jpg

210985df3f4adcd257ecfef89b4cfb66.jpg

2b4d8804bc955b48cf8d87767d9b0ec1.jpg

Back