Cobra F-MAX Superlite

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Very interesting. I would be very curious to see how these compare to the F8 lineup.

• Admin
Very interesting. I would be very curious to see how these compare to the F8 lineup.

Seems like a nice evolution from the previous line.

Earlier this season I had my dad testing out irons in this category. The original F-max were right up there at the top of his list to purchase even though he didn't end up purchasing anything. These look to be quite the upgrade. A nice looking option at a great price point for those in that market. Interesting that they went all the way to SW with this set as well and a stock 55g iron shaft?? Wow that really is super light!

Think I would like to give the Hybrid a swing - like lighter shafts in my hybrid clubs.

that fairway wood intrigues me. f8 is a bomber off the tee, but i have difficulty with it off the deck. seems like the f-max could slot in nicely for a super high launch, easy to hit option. graphics are pretty cool, too.

Good review, I like the looks of the fairway woods. If you need to pick up some swing speed, those irons might be the ticket.

Pretty solid price point for these. Hopefully the lower prices won't be viewed as lower quality by the masses.

Pretty solid price point for these. Hopefully the lower prices won't be viewed as lower quality by the masses.

I think that is always the chance you take as a company. Price can mean quality to people. At the same time someone may be looking for a less expensive alternative and dig what Cobra has going on here.
Its a line of clubs that could help quite a few golfers.

Solid. I like what they've done with the look for this specific part of the market. Someone over there really gets it.

Prior to MC 2018 I hit the F-Max line during my CC fitting and numbers were pretty good as I recall. I went F8 all around and am really happy I did! But F Max was formidable..... Getting older and seeing physical ailments catching up the Superlite makes a lot of sense.... losing unnecessary weight may help SS and distance.

Would like to see the offset hosel compared to straight, would help a fader like me.... but would need to be subtle to the eye to even consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra already has their unlisted MAX and XL lines to cater to the box set market

Earlier this season I had my dad testing out irons in this category. The original F-max were right up there at the top of his list to purchase even though he didn't end up purchasing anything. These look to be quite the upgrade. A nice looking option at a great price point for those in that market. Interesting that they went all the way to SW with this set as well and a stock 55g iron shaft?? Wow that really is super light!

I played 55g graphite shafts in the Altitudes and really enjoyed them. Not as light in hand as one would think.

This needs a bump as I'll be getting the driver and 3-wood in hand for review soon (should be in hand by weeks end) and @Canadan will be getting the hybrid.

Information and data for sure to follow once they're in hand!

Lord knows I don't need another driver 'cause I can't hit the ones I have right now, but I am looking forward to hearing how the F-Max preforms.

I have the original Max irons and got a Max driver and 5w. The 5w launches bombs from the fairway and the ruff. Irons are very forgiving as well.

This is a great all around set that shouldn’t be over looked because of price.

Looking forward to your reviews Mr. Jamesman!

The superlite and the max line always has intrigued me. I feel like the heads would be great for me with the right shafts

I got the Driver and 3W (16*) in this weekend, will be getting some pics up soon as well as new threads.

Received the offset models, for those curious, should be interesting to put them to work. I'm expecting HIGH ball flights for sure.

Nice write up on the Superlite! I tested the F Max in preparation for the 2018 MC and look, feel and numbers were very good.... it was a difficult decision at the time but I chose the F8s instead and love the selection.
Will definitely seek these out to try and as a fader would be super interested in the offset hosel....how significant is the offset, look at address, and of course look at the numbers.

Look forward to James’ impressions once it puts the driver through its paces.

And at the price point suggested can easily justify a impulse purchase

Nice write up on the Superlite! I tested the F Max in preparation for the 2018 MC and look, feel and numbers were very good.... it was a difficult decision at the time but I chose the F8s instead and love the selection.
Will definitely seek these out to try and as a fader would be super interested in the offset hosel....how significant is the offset, look at address, and of course look at the numbers.

Look forward to James’ impressions once it puts the driver through its paces.

And at the price point suggested can easily justify a impulse purchase

I'm going to do my best to get some good address pics for you. The driver, I am unsurprised having reviewed the last offset iteration of the Fmax last year.

The fairway though, I'd be lying if I didn't admit to going "woah" when putting it at address.

This needs a bump as I'll be getting the driver and 3-wood in hand for review soon (should be in hand by weeks end) and @Canadan will be getting the hybrid.

Information and data for sure to follow once they're in hand!

I'm really looking forward to comments regarding the driver!. I just purchased the Cobra F-Max Superlite irons and hybrids and love them!.

I wonder if you put your own grip on these, how much it would affect the swing weight. I love the Superstroke cross comfort which is about a 50 gram grip. Any experience with people changing out grips on these

Back