Tour Edge Rally Wedge

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a look at the new wedge coming out from Tour Edge.

218d0738da430ffcdc895922c270c559.jpg

b71e9a1111748ecc9621d4f952edf000.jpg

382de5fcf55c4aec38b16b8bf4477a23.jpg

The face picture looks kinda like a PM grind

So, their answer to the PM grind, kinda? Interesting. Do like that they go down to 54* though.

• Admin

Ill be honest and say it looks like a copy of said wedge all the way around.

I'll be equally honest and say that I thought the exact same thing as soon as I saw it.

I thought the same as well. The PM grind was inspired heavily by and looks a lot like a certain Ping wedge as well. I would still say this is a more obvious copy.

Definitely inspired by PM grind. Digging the silver/blue combo.

Any idea why they would want to produce a copy of the PM GRIND?

Nope, but if I am speculating, its because the PM wedge has done very well.
The company has a small history here, but I dont want to go with my speculation and instead have a call scheduled next week.

Not sure how anyone could say it's a copy of the PM grind wedge. Looks nothing like it.

On a serious note, they should have just continued on the grooves to the edge to complete the copy.

Anyone know the price point ?

It's a copy of the pm grind which is a copy of the Eye 2 wedge

I fixed it for them....

bcad6deada403cf7b6c550dc9d06759a.jpg

As stated above, it really looks like the Cally PM grind. What are the loft and bounce options?

Nope, but if I am speculating, its because the PM wedge has done very well.
The company has a small history here, but I dont want to go with my speculation and instead have a call scheduled next week.

Thanks for the effort! Looking forward to what they tell you. I wonder if they simply can make and sell it for less?

After the missed cut today for Phat, rumor has it he was on the horn with TEE trying to get one of these in the bag for Pheonix next week.

Because it's fantastic and sells well?

So much for originality.
Probably because it sells well. It's funny that a similar discussion has semi-happened over in the putter forum. Some styles just work, so now we have options. Options are good. It's a very good looking wedge, I'll give them that.

Surprised the MONGO grooves didn't make an appearance on this wedge though.

My thought as well. I sort of liked the PM Grind wedges, but I just hit them way too high. Good looking wedge though.

Why doesn't it say Tour Edge?

Thats a really good question and one I asked. They have a number of Tour Edge (not Exotics) that dont have the name on the gear. Seems different, that's for sure.

As others here have discussed it does look like a PM grind wedge.
I like the naming of this though. "Time for a Rally"

Does anyone not think the PM was a blatant knockoff of the Eye2 wedge? This design may now turnout to be the Anser of this time period where everyone makes a version of it

Back