How much do you tip for pizza delivery?

I always just pick mine up. The place I like is 5 minutes away from me and I'll call it in on my way home and grab it myself.

I am too cheap to have it delivered.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Especially when I am a 5 min drive from all major pizza chains.

I have to disagree with the OP in that you tip like at a restaurant. The deliver driver isn't taking my order, refilling drinks, cleaning table, etc so no way I tip them like I would my server at a restaurant.

But everyone is different any that's cool

Like 2 bucks. I'm annoyed by the 'delivery charge' they add on. Give that money to the driver instead of pocketing it. The usual PH is only 2 blocks away.

Fun fact based on delivering pizzas in college: the restaurant will give you $20 in ones or so for change. At the end of the night, the driver owes the restaurant $20, minus the per order delivery fee.

Once the driver essentially broke even for the night, the delivery fee was basically gas money. Usually it made up for the asinine ways you would wind up going if you got multiple deliveries and there wasn't an easy way to get to both.

I'm another one that's too cheap.

Actually... I don't like to call myself cheap, but paying a $2.50 delivery charge plus a $3 tip for a $12 pizza is just wasteful in my eyes. There are three great pizza places within 10 minutes of me anyway. Actually not even sure if they deliver.

I always pickup. Get it 30 minutes quicker...and no waiting.

I always just pick mine up. The place I like is 5 minutes away from me and I'll call it in on my way home and grab it myself.

I always pickup. Get it 30 minutes quicker...and no waiting.

My dudes. I never get pizza delivered. Was a weird concept to my GF when we started dating because they always got pizza delivered.

I never get it delivered, I always pick it up. I usually throw a dollar or two on top of the price at the store depending on the pizza price.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Even stoner pizza delivery guys have a memory like an elephant when it comes to addresses that tip well and the ones that don't. If you're on the don't list, you're getting your order last. If you're on the good tipper list, you may get freebies and quicker delivery times. You may wonder how they remember all the addresses...some put codes on the delivery info for each customer, like xxx for great tips, xx for average and x for not good.

I tip at least four bucks if it's within a hour of order time. Usually five, and if the order is over $30, 20%. Most delivery drivers now only get paid the tipped wage while on the road and the regular hourly wage while they are not dispatched. The delivery fee you see on the order is paid straight to the company for liability insurance and the driver only gets a small portion of that for fuel reimbursement. Most drivers don't make a profit on those reimbursements. The driver may very well be the one who takes the order, makes the order, cuts and boxes the pizza and delivers the order. It's not unusual for that to be the case during slow times.

20% of the bill.

I NEVER get it delivered because I refuse to pay the delivery charge plus a tip. I have no problem driving the 10-15 minutes to pick it up myself.

If I get delivery, usually $5 minimum tip.

I try to tip as best as I can, since my wife has worked in the restaurant industry for a lot of years, we try to tip as well as we can to support others in the industry.

I am too cheap to have it delivered. 

For me, it's not about being cheap, tho I AM thrifty. It's like, Papa John's is about 1 mile away - I order carryout and go get it myself, I am eating pizza within 20 minutes. If I get delivery, I'm not eating for at least 45 minutes, and paying $5-7 more for the pizza.

$2-5 for reasonable service.

For me, it's not about being cheap, tho I AM thrifty. It's like, Papa John's is about 1 mile away - I order carryout and go get it myself, I am eating pizza within 20 minutes. If I get delivery, I'm not eating for at least 45 minutes, and paying $5-7 more for the pizza.
Same here. We have a Marco's Pizza just down the road so it is much quicker to pick up.

Pizza Hut, Marco's, Papa John's, Domino & Little Caesars are all within 5 minutes of my house, we just pick it up.

Usually 3-5$ depending on the time it takes and attitude of the driver

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back