Chicken Finger Thread

Had some Canes yeaterday. Pretty tasty. Not a fan of the sauce as the chicken stands on its own. Kind of like steak to me...if you need sauce why bother.

Had some Canes yeaterday. Pretty tasty. Not a fan of the sauce as the chicken stands on its own. Kind of like steak to me...if you need sauce why bother.

The sauce is amazing. I dip everything in that stuff

Raising Canes. Pretty much the same as Zaxby's but canes sauce might be the greatest condiment in the history of man.

I always order an extra sauce with my Canes chicken. Could drink that stuff.

nice! his business partner (don't know the first name, last name is Armstrong) married a girl I was good friends with in high school and college. good people making great food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt, both great golfers. Thad is fla mid am champ

Matt, both great golfers. Thad is fla mid am champ

i hit up huey magoo's new altamonte springs location yesterday. dayum that's some good food. thad was there, so i got to make the connection. coincidentally, i also happened to run into matt's wife at a park on saturday when my wife was working and i was out and about trying to wear my boys out. small world!

I need to set up a round with Thad and his club. I am out of coupons and plus I haven't seen him in a minute.
i hit up huey magoo's new altamonte springs location yesterday. dayum that's some good food. thad was there, so i got to make the connection. coincidentally, i also happened to run into matt's wife at a park on saturday when my wife was working and i was out and about trying to wear my boys out. small world!

Think I am getting some Canes today... should be good!

Anyone a fan of Chicken Express? Their chicken is not as good as Canes, in my opinion, but their sides are fantastic. They have corn nuggets that are phenomenal. I think they have locations in TX, OK, LA, AR, and GA.
Was just coming in here to post this:

160.jpg

My favorite hands down. The tenders with the gravy and then add a little mash potato to the bite and bingo! I was not a fan of Raising Canes however. It seem very average to other fingers/tenders I've had elsewhere.

So you are more into the sides, I can get down with that. A good side can make up for a lackluster CF.
Think I am getting some Canes today... should be good!

Anyone a fan of Chicken Express? Their chicken is not as good as Canes, in my opinion, but their sides are fantastic. They have corn nuggets that are phenomenal. I think they have locations in TX, OK, LA, AR, and GA.

I'm a big fan of Raising Canes, just wish there was one closer. I usually shy away from chicken fingers because it seems easier to screw them up than get them right.

I'm going to quote myself because they finally opened a Raising Canes up here a couple of weeks ago and we went there for lunch yesterday. They were just as good as I remembered.

Was just coming in here to post this:

160.jpg

My favorite hands down. The tenders with the gravy and then add a little mash potato to the bite and bingo! I was not a fan of Raising Canes however. It seem very average to other fingers/tenders I've had elsewhere.
I believe that a place called Slim Chickens is expanding into Texas in the near future. They have pretty solid chicken, as well. There was one in Norman, but I believe the chain started in Arkansas.

I believe that a place called Slim Chickens is expanding into Texas in the near future. They have pretty solid chicken, as well. There was one in Norman, but I believe the chain started in Arkansas.

Had to google it but looks like a location in Frisco is in the works. Will check it out.

Had to google it but looks like a location in Frisco is in the works. Will check it out.

It isn't much different than canes although they have wings. If you have ever had Zaxby's it is very similar.

SO GOOD!! The go to meal when I don't trust a venue hahaha! How can you possibly screw up fried lumps of chicken?!
I know a couple spots that can mess up anything that needs to be cooked.

Slim Chickens is opening by me. It will be cool to try them out.

I'm hooked on PDQ.. Man those are good

Slim chickens is awesome.

So which Jim Bobs is better? The one in opelika or auburn? Thought I heard one was clearly better.

So which Jim Bobs is better? The one in opelika or auburn? Thought I heard one was clearly better.

according to my in-laws, jimbobschickenfingers.com is the former ownership. it's by tiger town. jimbobsopelika.com is near downtown Opelika and is new ownership. they saw the tiger town location is better.

I go with the plate fried with special sauce. comes with fries, garlic bread and coleslaw. and acid reflux.

So got a chance to finally go to Chick-Fil-A yesterday and ordered the chicken fingers. So good. Might have to return for more before heading out.

So got a chance to finally go to Chick-Fil-A yesterday and ordered the chicken fingers. So good. Might have to return for more before heading out.

Seriously that was a first? Definitely so good!

Note that they are closed on Sunday's.

Yes, my first, but definitely not my last. Even the airport one will be closed?

I believe that it will be closed.

Back