Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

Maybe I'm not overthinking this enough. :alien:

Bridgestone engineers designed a club with a very low CG that easily launches the ball very high. To make this easy launching club useful they had to increase the loft to lower the trajectory of the ball flight to acceptable levels. In doing so they have created an SGI iron that is easy launching with improved distance.

Ok, I admit it. I'm completely baffled why this is bad???

That is the $1,000,000.00 question.

Bridgestone engineers designed a club with a very low CG that easily launches the ball very high. To make this easy launching club useful they had to increase the loft to lower the trajectory of the ball flight to acceptable levels. In doing so they have created an SGI iron that is easy launching with improved distance.

This is a really well written post :clap:

What amazes me is the offset. The higher irons are .01 from each other.

5i=.157
6i=.147
7i=.137
8i=.127
9i=.118
PW1=.108
PW2=.009
AW=.008

And also not really a lot of offset.

Don't know who said they were bad. They are interesting to me but I wouldn't game them.

That sounds terrible for people who have lost some swing speed or have trouble getting the ball in the air, how could Bridgestone live with themselves?:alien:

The other issue is that these types of clubs have such a low CG that, for the lower speed player they are marketed to, they don't spin enough to hold a green. I fit tons of guys and now many of them can't get a 7 iron to hit a green and stop within 10 yards of landing

Within this same line of thought, these lower swing speed players aren't creating enough spin with a traditionally lofted iron to hold a green either. Peak height and descent would be less than desirable, wouldn't they?

Don't know who said they were bad. They are interesting to me but I wouldn't game them.
"Loft jacking" seems to be a reoccurring theme in this thread and poor markm778 being blasted on Twitter today kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Bridgestone contacted me for a quote which I was happy to give them. They have been so good to THP, I didn't think twice:
f99c7a261d006b1353d4ddada78e56df.jpg

There were a fair amount of "Likes" which is good, however I found the responses on Instagram interesting:

285ceb791fde434274009a6700934108.jpg

c71d576eef6722cf3671129055142180.jpg

1524424d78bba8260cd4f0365ee7fcf1.jpg

Why can't I be a perfect fit off the rack? Some people are.
Tough Crowd!

I saw that on instagram today. I thought it was beyond cool of them to use your quote. You should feel pretty damn pumped about that because it's kind of a big deal. As for the clowns who love to comment on those kinds of things, don't worry about them. The internet is full of experts out there, and we are beyond familiar with some of those names.

The Dean Has Effin Spoken

I saw that on instagram today. I thought it was beyond cool of them to use your quote. You should feel pretty damn pumped about that because it's kind of a big deal. As for the clowns who love to comment on those kinds of things, don't worry about them. The internet is full of experts out there, and we are beyond familiar with some of those names.

Here is the email I got yesterday:

dc50fea0ed3ecb18124eb924550c657d.jpg

Jordan rocks. I love that she reached out. Bridgestone has really done a 180 on their social media presence and it's great to see.

Jordan rocks. I love that she reached out. Bridgestone has really done a 180 on their social media presence and it's great to see.

Jordan knows what she's doing and it makes it look easy too. It also seems she's perfected the art of smile and wave.

Dare I say, A? Or A-?

Jordan knows what she's doing and it makes it look easy too. It also seems she's perfected the art of smile and wave.

Dare I say, A? Or A-?

She gets an A.

First lesson at @TopgolfChicago with new #jgrhybridirons Coach says "Dude, those irons are the "bomb" for you"

First lesson at @TopgolfChicago with new #jgrhybridirons Coach says "Dude, those irons are the "bomb" for you"

keep doing your thang marky mark! i love that you found something that works for you. and to all the "get fit" douches that lit you up for no f-ing reason, i'm playing irons directly off the rack and playing the best golf of my life. haters gon' hate, and i'm honestly pretty miffed to see someone who used to be around here jumping all over a company that has been great to this community.

"Loft jacking" seems to be a reoccurring theme in this thread and poor markm778 being blasted on Twitter today kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Thanks DufferToo! I appreciate it. Means a lot!

Here is great explanation by Bridgestone on how the irons are designed:

753cc671435c3b109337030b9400a5d1.jpg

Poor Kyle Brown must assume that all 9* drivers go further than all 12* drivers.
He just doesnt understand that shape and weight matter.

Really annoys me that despite so many companies explaining that they lowered their CG and loft strengthening is the only way to keep ballooning, people still argue it.

Kyle, you're dumb.

Wow, missed some goodness in this thread. Mark you found clubs that work for YOU be happy.

To the haters out there with the 7i issue, must not be playing the right ball.

Love it when the staff writers drop some impromptu #knowledgebombs

i could never be a staffer in charge of social media. i would be all over the trolls. these staffers have to be so deferential and polite. i couldn't let the ignorance go unchallenged.

That Kyle brown with the comment does not speak for the rest of the Kyle browns on the subject of loft jacking or his apparent hatred of making golf easier and funner.

I'm glad you found something that works for you mark. These things look like awesome clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i could never be a staffer in charge of social media. i would be all over the trolls. these staffers have to be so deferential and polite. i couldn't let the ignorance go unchallenged.

There are days when I see the social media job and think "that has to be easy" - then days like this roll along, and the people who are good at it are worth their weight in gold.

Or maybe some other more expensive material, because Jordan is a tiny person.

I really don't understand why the concept of launch angle is so hard for some people to understand. Sometimes it seems kind of unbelievable that we are the species that put a man on the moon.

JB. Is there any way you could test the Altitude 6i and 7i against the JGR 7i? I'm curious how they compare in terms of distance and launch angle. I checked yesterday and my local shop only carries the JGR hybrids, Fairways and Drivers. No irons to demo.
I hit my Tude 6i about 155 so I'd be curious if the 7i JGR would cover that gap for me or if I'd need the 6i as well.

Back