The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is going to land a gem in Alfred Morris, and for a bargain. Cowboys have interest.

Washington rode him into the ground. He's a two down back who has no juice left.

man does anyone else think Alfred Morris and the cowboys would be nasty with that Oline and a downhill workhorse ? it might rival demarco's season with them.

man does anyone else think Alfred Morris and the cowboys would be nasty with that Oline and a downhill workhorse ? it might rival demarco's season with them.

Not even close

Washington rode him into the ground. He's a two down back who has no juice left.

Strongly disagree.
While I never thought he would be ready to set the league on fire with his new team, he is a great guy, solid locker room leader by example and is a bargain right now. In the right system, he can still excel and showed that last year when given the chance, in the final game of the season.

Strongly disagree.
While I never thought he would be ready to set the league on fire with his new team, he is a great guy, solid locker room leader by example and is a bargain right now. In the right system, he can still excel and showed that last year when given the chance, in the final game of the season.

Does he have a criminal record or questionable past? If not he may not be a good fit for Jerry.

Strongly disagree.

Yeah we'll agree to disagree. His stats have gone down every year, he can't catch, he's not fast, and he's not shifty.

Not even close

this is why i have won my fantasy football league 2 years in a row. you need to project the cowboys o line will open holes for any back. but big downhill backs murray and morris benefit more from this because they can get up a head of steam and break tackles in the second level.

Yeah we'll agree to disagree. His stats have gone down every year, he can't catch, he's not fast, and he's not shifty.

Haha. Okay dude. Its like saying that last year he had 100 yards in the 1st game, struggled with horrible change in schemes for his style and should have gotten worse. Yet had 100 in the final game too. #Impossible

But what do I know. #StatsTellHalfAStoryForATeam

I think Morris would be Nasty with the Cowboys.

this is why i have won my fantasy football league 2 years in a row. you need to project the cowboys o line will open holes for any back. but big downhill backs murray and morris benefit more from this because they can get up a head of steam and break tackles in the second level.

The same thing that propelled him to big years previously. 3 years with 220+ carries is not a ton. He is not a star, but he can play. Even more importantly he can lead by example, which was my initial point and costs virtually nothing.

Downhill runner that has 1 first gap step and then charges. He is light on his foot pad for the first entry and pivot and then nothing but downhill post that. He is hard to bring down, and like a few others, doesnt get hit square too often, so can move forward. Above average body strength, above average vision. Good mind and can also read LB calls, that helps QBs in 1st two downs.

Haha. Okay dude. Its like saying that last year he had 100 yards in the 1st game, struggled with horrible change in schemes for his style and should have gotten worse. Yet had 100 in the final game too. #Impossible

But what do I know. #StatsTellHalfAStoryForATeam

100 yards in week 17 is impressive? When nobody is trying? Not saying you don't know anything...I'm generating some discussion.

Someone is going to land a gem in Alfred Morris, and for a bargain. Cowboys have interest.

I hope the Pats give him a call. I think he would fit right in and they still need a RB.

100 yards in week 17 is impressive? When nobody is trying? Not saying you don't know anything...I'm generating some discussion.

Nobody is trying leads to injuries and that is not what happened. Thats fantasy foodball armchair analysis. Based on your analysis, he should progressively go down every week and every carry. That is not what has happened, in fact not at all. Im not sure how much you actually watched the guy play, but I am guessing not every down...

I mean DMC was done too wasn't he?

Perfect example. I was ridiculed when I said he would be a great fit to Dallas. Someone literally said "You are a moron". :alien:
Its probably true.

I hope the Pats give him a call. I think he would fit right in and they still need a RB.

If the O-line is fixed/healthy solid early down back there and if the one dude is back from the ACL very good 1-2 punch

The Raiders... where you're done before you start.

Perfect example. I was ridiculed when I said he would be a great fit to Dallas. Someone literally said "You are a moron".

and this guy traded for him prior to week 1 last year #TwoTimeTHPFFChamp
A backfield for them with DMC, Morris, and Dunbar could be pretty damn good. Keeps people fresh and offers different looks.

Perfect example. I was ridiculed when I said he would be a great fit to Dallas. Someone literally said "You are a moron". :alien:
Its probably true.

4th leading rusher in the league and didn't even start till like week 5 after their experiment with Randall blew up in their face. Now if they could just protect their QB a little better.

He's only been in the league 4 years, has never missed a game and that's with averaging over 250 carries and 1000 yards a season and can still be productive given the carries and scheme. Some team is going to get a steal and I hope it's Dallas, perfect fit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

and this guy traded for him prior to week 1 last year #TwoTimeTHPFFChamp
A backfield for them with DMC, Morris, and Dunbar could be pretty damn good. Keeps people fresh and offers different looks.

The flip side is that the team still has to open holes and have the right calling for a guy like this. Regardless of which team that is. He can be a Blount for a team, or even a Jeremy Hill still if a team uses a player like this properly. Time will tell, but for a team filled with locker room issues, this guy is definitely not that.

Don't remind me of Jeremy Hill and his fumble against the Steelers. He has lots of talent but really under performed this year! I think he want to be a back like Bernard instead of a power back like he is!!

I think Morris would be Nasty with the Cowboys.

I agree. The zone-blocking scheme the Cowboys frequently employ is what brought Morris the most success in Washington. Having a QB who is fast enough getting rid of the ball also makes it less necessary for him to play to his weaknesses, which are blocking and screen passes (he improved considerably in passes in the flat last year, and I think is a skill that went under-utilized until last season because of quarterback issues). The blocking scheme Gruden brought in was not something he had worked with before, and is plainly not to his liking. He probably would have spent more time on the bench if not for other ball-handlers in Washington having injury and fumbling issues. The Redskins becoming a pass-first offense also affected his production.

As a Washington fan, I don't really want to see Morris in Dallas. But as a huge fan of him as a person, I hope he finds success wherever he ends up...preferably not in the NFC East, though.

i am hearing RG3 to the browns is pretty likely ....looks like bye bye josh mccown. not sure how i feel about it. i kind of just want them to draft a QB and stick with him and develop the draft pick

Been reading a few stories on Calvin Johnson. Nate Burleson said he should un-retire next year and come back with the Patriots. Pacman Jones said he believes he'll be back this year. Didn't he retire because his knee is pretty much shot? I don't think you retire with BIG money on the table...unless there's a legit reason.... or your kid isn't allowed in the locker room :p

Been reading a few stories on Calvin Johnson. Nate Burleson said he should un-retire next year and come back with the Patriots. Pacman Jones said he believes he'll be back this year. Didn't he retire because his knee is pretty much shot? I don't think you retire with BIG money on the table...unless there's a legit reason.... or your kid isn't allowed in the locker room :p
I'm pretty sure you don't get to unretire then come back to pick a different team. Your original team still has your rights when you retire while under contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back