Adidas Golf - Free The Knee

All the rage with kids now a days. Gotta grow the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I look at it as options. I tend not to buy golf specific branded shorts because they are generally 10"+ inseam.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is the loss of one inch really going to play a role in people not buying these?

Yes.

For some like me it will, I've got a specific length I'll wear and these aren't in it.

Yes.

For some like me it will, I've got a specific length I'll wear and these aren't in it.

You have freakishly long legs and ugly knees so I can understand why you would :D

I like the sound of them. Let us know if the are comfortable to play in and what the price is.

ill have to look into these!

Finally. As a taller guy, I hate when shorts come down past my knees. I like this strategy from Adidas.

I like the fact that these come above the knee. The most recent adidas purchase fills the bill - not sure what the inseam is, but they are not "short" by any stretch.

I have many pairs of shorts that already have a silicone lining so the shirt does not come untucked. So that feature is not a big selling point, may be a catch-up feature.

I will check these out.

Finally. As a taller guy, I hate when shorts come down past my knees. I like this strategy from Adidas.

You are tall and most shorts go past your knees? It is typically the opposite, tall guys typically look like John Stockton wearing his 80s shorts if you buy off the rack.

These will be a bad choice for people over 5'8".

I'll try them, water resistant, stretch waist band, flex material? I'm in.

I like it! I have always bought Columbia shorts because they actually offer an 8" inseam that hit a little above the knees. Awesome finally to have other options!

I didn't mind the look or fit but thought they were a little expensive at $66-$70. I can get some very nice shorts for a whole lot less than that!

I really like the look of these. I prefer a slimmer fitting short, and these look like they might fit the bill.

Adidas Golf - Free The Knee

When it comes to shorts, 1 inch can make a massive difference!!! Shorts to me have to hit at the knee. Above the knee, I don't buy them. Below the knee, back on the rack too.

Last edited:
KJ Choi is a TM guy. So, he probably wears Adidas also. I'd like to see KJC and DJ both wearing the shorts and standing next to each other. 5'8" and 6'4" are going to look totally different. KJ is a former powerlifter. I bet his legs don't fit in these. :angel:

I'd need to try them on. There are some shorts out there that are just too long for me. The Puma pairs that I have come to mind.

I am looking for new shorts. This sounds like the ticket. Sorry puma

My 1st thought as well but I like those shorts and will probably pick up a pair of these.

The main thing I'm interested in seeing is how deep the pockets are. That's my only gripe about the UA Match Plays.

Tried these on last night at Dicks...Perfect fit..I am 5'11" and they are not too short. Really like the way they sit on the knee...

65 dollars for the solids and 70 for the pattern. Little high for me, but, I am sure some discount ones will show up soon...

Hmm interesting. Will have to grab a pair to try out. I like the looks so far.

Bump with the intention of getting a new thread started in the next day or so, but;

I want to erase any and all length concerns that are poorly shown by the original DJ photo. The length is fantastic and the materials used have me really excited about what I'll be wearing this year. Stay tuned.

Can't wait for the thread CanaKnee

Can't wait for the thread CanaKnee

I'd take some 'wear' photos, but it's still very much pre-Spring here in Ohio and I'm not sure the world could handle CanaKnee. The sit is really at or around the knee, nothing high-rise or anything like that hahaha

I have some shirts that are stretch fabric and I really like them. I think shorts out of a similar fabric will be great. Will have to look for these next time I'm in a golf store and check them out.

Back