Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played them for a bit. So that urge is no surprise to me haha

Haha. The i25 are probably the best of both worlds option for me - but I have been really enjoying the extra forgiveness in the G's

Well I hit some hybrids tonight...and the R15 distinguished itself hugely. Went 15 yards further than the nearest competitor with solid forgiveness and silly easy launch.

Yeah, I'm gonna need to find one of these.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well I hit some hybrids tonight...and the R15 distinguished itself hugely. Went 15 yards further than the nearest competitor with solid forgiveness and silly easy launch.

Yeah, I'm gonna need to find one of these.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I had an R15 hybrid and loved it. They are very good. Not quite sure why I got rid of it haha

Now I want a set of s55...

We seem to have similar likes in irons (minus the GS) so no surprise you would want them. I like them better than the s56 which I was tempted to buy but went i20

We seem to have similar likes in irons (minus the GS) so no surprise you would want them. I like them better than the s56 which I was tempted to buy but went i20

Yeah - it really all comes down to the long irons for me - I'm comfortable playing just about anything 8 iron and up. The s series 5i would be a bit of an adventure, I think - I've really enjoyed being able to stand over the 5i and feel like I've got the same chance of hitting the green as a 7i with the G series. At the same time, the i25 short irons are more my preference.

Going to stick with the GI experiment through a season and see where it goes from there.

Yeah - it really all comes down to the long irons for me - I'm comfortable playing just about anything 8 iron and up. The s series 5i would be a bit of an adventure, I think - I've really enjoyed being able to stand over the 5i and feel like I've got the same chance of hitting the green as a 7i with the G series. At the same time, the i25 short irons are more my preference.

Going to stick with the GI experiment through a season and see where it goes from there.

the 5i is about where my confidence stops. Only 4i I have gamed lately has been the z545 it was so easy to hit.

the new I series was a fun club to hit on the range and were high on my list last year for potential purchases.

Still sitting on the fence as to which fairway I want to get when my trade-in money gets to me. Leaning Cobra F6, though the F6 Baffler, MAX, and LTD are still in contention. Then again, maybe I should look at the W/S F5, and the Tour Edge EX9. And the Adams Blue ($79 at RBG) gets a ponder just on the price alone, and lastly ... Callaway XR 16 or maybe even the XR 3 Deep?

Still sitting on the fence as to which fairway I want to get when my trade-in money gets to me. Leaning Cobra F6, though the F6 Baffler, MAX, and LTD are still in contention. Then again, maybe I should look at the W/S F5, and the Tour Edge EX9. And the Adams Blue ($79 at RBG) gets a ponder just on the price alone, and lastly ... Callaway XR 16 or maybe even the XR 3 Deep?
Why not GBB?

Still pondering some Flyknit Chukkas, and some Peter Millar, and some Matte Gray, and Linksoul.

Losing weight is too freaking expensive

Still pondering some Flyknit Chukkas, and some Peter Millar, and some Matte Gray, and Linksoul.

Losing weight is too freaking expensive

It is. I'm hoping the nike stuff I bought doesn't get loose while still working on the fat loss.

for the chukkas do it. They are so comfortable. Took me a few range sessions to get some tightness while in the toe box while wearing kentwool loosened up but now it's not even noticeable.

I'm in the market for a new driver, or at least a new shaft. I'm consistently hitting my 3 wood and driver the same distances on course even when struck well and in the fairway (both around 250 total). The 3 wood flight is lower and looks like it gets a little roll, while the driver is higher and doesn't seem to get any roll.

Yesterday wasn't the best day for comparisons with a 20 mph head wind at the range, but the TM M1 with Aldila Rogue Silver 70X carried 250 in the wind while my Titleist flight looked significantly higher and couldn't break 230 in the wind. But who knows how much is the head and how much is the shaft? The M1 is considered lower spin than my D2, and the Aldila is lower launch/lower spin than my D+ White (and stiffer with lower torque).

Titleist has free fitting days now called "Titleist Thursdays" that are on a grass range with Trackman and I'm going next week to do some shaft comparison. They are supposed to have the D4 head too, so I may try that as well.

I'm pondering tee times and range tokens, I love my golf clubs right now! There is always room for another putter though, just haven't narrowed that one down enough.

Rangefinders.

Packing the bag last night, found my z6 to be dead. New battery no fix, just fried.

Rangefinders.

Packing the bag last night, found my z6 to be dead. New battery no fix, just fried.

That sucks. You're welcome to borrow mine if we play together this weekend. I'm pondering upgrading to a v4, but I think my wife might stab me if I spend that much on golf right now. :D

Too many to ponder already? LOL.

Actually no good reason, just haven't read up as much on the GBB line as I have the others.

Right up your alley, particularly the heavenwood.

Right up your alley, particularly the heavenwood.
Yeah, definitely need to consider the HW. I guess the extra length in the shaft intimidated me a bit, but I re-read ddec's review on the Divine Nine and he discussed shaft length, and then the Q&A with Jeff Newton on the HW talked about the increased head size of the V series HW so forgiveness certainly isn't an issue. I know the gap the Divine Nine would reside in is pretty much covered, but I really do need to see how the HW fares at the PGASS.

Rangefinders.

I've been pondering them myself, War. Not that the GolfBuddy is a bad unit at all, just think I'd like something a bit faster.

M2 3HL. Hate to say it but at address it just looks great. And I keep looking at specs page of Apex CF 16 irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, definitely need to consider the HW. I guess the extra length in the shaft intimidated me a bit, but I re-read ddec's review on the Divine Nine and he discussed shaft length, and then the Q&A with Jeff Newton on the HW talked about the increased head size of the V series HW so forgiveness certainly isn't an issue. I know the gap the Divine Nine would reside in is pretty much covered, but I really do need to see how the HW fares at the PGASS.

Dude you need a Heavenwood. I hit that thing far better than any hybrid I've ever tried, and I've tried a LOT.

That new HZRDUS Yellow that THP is giving away in the new contest.

That new HZRDUS Yellow that THP is giving away in the new contest.

You mean these shafts?! #noice

b979baa72b082e42d8b87f81c4db16d6.jpg

I think that was the quickest I've ever entered a contest. That shaft paired w/ the XR16 sounds like tons o' fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back