Your Current Club Battle

My current club battle is my driver vs. what is currently out there. I have hit this driver well but I am curious as to new offerings that are out there. More and more I want to test the waters on what is out there.

Driver is set, Irons are pretty set. Two spots Literally (as I have 12 clubs in the bag) need to be filled. 54 wedge and 3/4 hybid (or 4 iron CF16)

I have to decide on which hybrid is the best to fill the gap after 5 wood to the 5 iron. I'm wanting to try the Ping Crossover Iron as well as the Callaway OS 3 or 4 hybrid.

For Wedges, I have the 58 PING GLIDE and it's phenominal, so I'm looking at the 54 there and also have spoken to a THP'er about buying his 54 MD3.

Right now it's R15 12* vs Vapor Pro at 11.5*, both with PX Handcrafted custom. The R15 launches higher and spins less, meaning when I hit it good it has the potential to go to serious bomb town, but the Vapor Pro sounds amazing and is more forgiving - and isn't exactly a distance slouch either.

And now that I have a UST Mamiya/THP custom on the way, that and whatever head I stick on it will be entries into the 3 way battle haha

So my battles are all in driver ho town and everything else is pretty solid.

I wish I could have club battles...With travel baseball and regular Little League for the boy and just getting my daughter a car I'll barely have time or funds to even play near the golf I want to this year...much less have club battles.

I have a golf ball battle ongoing, can that count? hahaha

Right now it's R15 12* vs Vapor Pro at 11.5*, both with PX Handcrafted custom. The R15 launches higher and spins less, meaning when I hit it good it has the potential to go to serious bomb town, but the Vapor Pro sounds amazing and is more forgiving - and isn't exactly a distance slouch either.

And now that I have a UST Mamiya/THP custom on the way, that and whatever head I stick on it will be entries into the 3 way battle haha

So my battles are all in driver ho town and everything else is pretty solid.
You hit a lot of fairways with the Vapor Pro that's for sure.
I vote for a new head hehe.

You hit a lot of fairways with the Vapor Pro that's for sure.
I vote for a new head hehe.

I do. It is a silly good setup for me. When the ground gets dry though I'm really tempted to see how freakin far the R15 can go though haha

I hadn't thought of it, but I do have an extra Flexloft adapter sitting around that I could put on there to just try it in the Vapor.

Big Bertha hybrid has already lost it's battle for the bag. The battle currently is between the V-Series Heavenwood and the XR 5FW. The Heavenwood is awesome, and I want it to win the battle, but right now I'm struggling with consistent ball flight with it.

It will most likely be an ongoing battle for a while.

New to the forums, but I have been a lurker....

After a long battle with lower back injury, I re-evaluated my long irons with replacing 3 & 4 with hybrids.

I have Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 degrees, which I absolutely love. Looking for a hybrid to replace my mint 3 iron :)

So it is a battle between X-Hot Pro 20 degrees vs Cleveland Black CG 21 degrees (bought it used).

Right now it's a 3W battle, which is hard because it's definitely the club I use least in my bag. Grabbed a mini 1.5 for some help off the tee, but so far I've found that my bad days with driver are no better with it. Didn't get to this weekend, but going to head out to the range to put it head to head against my G30 3W and see what I'm really gaining, if anything off the tee. I suck with 3Ws off the deck in general but just looking at it the G30 at least gives me a chance. Only range time will tell though.

I will know more April 9th, but my Rocketballz are probably going to be kicked to the curb. I'm not sure what I will go with as I'm going into this fitting with an open mind. I will also be trying out a driver to replace my Amp Cell if there is a differnce in consistency and distance.

GBB vs XR 16 is my current battle ... poor driving lately hasn't helped with this club battle. Need more range time.

My battle is whether to switch out my amazing old Hogan Edge CFTi 3h with an Apex 20° before Club Clash. Hate how much distance I lose on that club at sea level.

Current irons vs. new irons - That battle ended when I bought CF16's from emart.

Thanks to the Cure event I will have a nice battle between my ole dependable Odyssey White Hot and the Cure CX2.

About to test three different shafts in my Vapor Pro once my club's simulator is up and running. It'll be a battle between the Rogue, Speeder 757 and Aldila RIP Phenom to see what gives me the best launch conditions on the simulator, and then out to the course with the best 2 to see which one has a better ball flight and dispersion. Aside from that, I'm trying to give the new Method Core putter a chance, but I have doubts about the insert vs the method mod 00 I played last year.

Last year it was drivers and putters. So far this year it's been driver shafts and putters. Putting is the most inconsistent part of my game from round to round. I'm sure constantly trying new ones is the main problem, but putters are addicting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Odyssey v-line big T vs the old trusty seemore m6. I've been rolling them in the basement for a few months now pondering what to do. MOI and interesting alignment vs. a putter with great feedback, history, and the ability putt with either side... should be a fun year

I did have a putter battle going on, and my STX Xform was looking like it'd pull out the victory. That was until the SC Laguna showed up. Once I get my hands on a Cobra F6 fairway, it'll be matched up against the W/S FYbrid. Otherwise my bag is pretty much locked in until after Regional Rivalry.

Nothing is safe with me. I'm looking at Tom Wishon clubs more right now than any other brand.

One battle for me that is OVER is for the 3W. I have had a love / hate relationship with three woods......They love to HATE me. End of season last year, I put an original XHot 3W in the bag and just wow!

Current battle is with irons. C200 and CF16. Love how both feel and look. No clue about numbers though. Need monitor data to win the war.

JM

We're going to see here in a little over three weeks when I get fit for a Nakashima driver. The battle for the top spot will be determined in one afternoon! My SeeMore putter is about to be switched out for my Cleveland Almost Belly just to see if I can find a little more consistency. At worst, the SeeMore is about to get another inch added to the length!

I've got iron set battles. Srixon 945 (last year's gamers) vs yonex n1 mb vs honma tw727 vs pxg 0311t. No idea which will win out, current iron play is equally bad with all

Awesome battle to have.... no way to lose and seriously envious.
Without hitting any of those, I will pull for the yonex just because of..... looks.

I guess I have one battle going on....
Driver shaft - HZRDUS Black 60 vs KuroKage XTS 60

Another coming my way
Cally GBB Heavenwood vs my gamer RomaRo Ray Type R 3 hybrid - this is totally just because I am a clubho and am curious.

My battle is between my drivers and my current one Titleist 913 D2 is winning vs Cobra Fly Z. I am just having issues with the FLY Z, can't seem to hit it straight nothing just a slight fade, even with the adjustments set to max draw. It seems very light to me, maybe it's the shaft I don't know. I picked up the Cobra new for $129 and couldn't resist it, bought it without even trying it out, should have known better, but I said to myself, self, you can hit anything....yeah right.

My bag battle is how to fill the top of my bag. I have driver, mini driver and Heavenwood...but can't hit the mini off the deck so I need to figure out whether I need a 3 wood, hybrid or something like a 5 wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back