The world of keyboard cowboys is getting old. People should get blamed for what they do - not what we imagine.

If he makes real change, I am sure golf fans everywhere will be the first to say so. Sports fans in general are a pretty forgiving bunch. But lets not pretend that has actually happened. While I didn't think what he did was out of line this weekend, I could just as easily see it from the other side, regardless of player.

A man is made up from their character, their victories and their losses. Judgement of those happens to everybody and everything. Anybody that says they are above that, is not being real to themselves.

From your posts, you would be more accepting if someone said "I don't like the way the guy smells" or "He looks like a child molestor" rather than be critical of his actions due to what HE himself has done (and said he has done) in the past. :D

How we ever got to such a PC world, when people can't even root against sports players they don't care for...haha

If he makes real change, I am sure golf fans everywhere will be the first to say so. Sports fans in general are a pretty forgiving bunch. But lets not pretend that has actually happened. While I didn't think what he did was out of line this weekend, I could just as easily see it from the other side, regardless of player.

A man is made up from their character, their victories and their losses. Judgement of those happens to everybody and everything. Anybody that says they are above that, is not being real to themselves.

For all we know he has already started to change. The beginning of change is to stop digging the hole you're in - nothing has been proven that he dug that hole any deeper.

I couldn't agree more with your latter statement. Celebrating the losses of others doesn't make any of us more manly.

FCelebrating the losses of others doesn't make any of us more manly.

It must be really hard to be a sports fan.
The PC world we live in has even made it not okay to root against others.

On that note, Im out of here, time to talk about something a bit more productive, like some killer THP Events coming up.

Bubba must have a hell of a PR guy. I've never heard so much discussion about somebody three days after he misses a cut.

Well lll maybe one other guy that has a thread of his own going back to 2009, but that's a different story :D Well in reality not that much different.

Bubba must have a hell of a PR guy. I've never heard so much discussion about somebody three days after he misses a cut.

Well lll maybe one other guy that has a thread of his own going back to 2009, but that's a different story :D Well in reality not that much different.
He made the cut though...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He made the cut though...

LOL...so he did. Well I guess I kind of lost that fact in all this discussion.

LOL...so he did. Well I guess I kind of lost that fact in all this discussion.
Haha no worries. Barely snuck in due to Jordan's 18th on Friday.

Why do we hate on Bubba?

It's really easy to understand.

Here is a guy, with the talent and drive to become a mega-rich PGA Tour player, doing something we all love and getting paid for it, who treats the people who make this all possible for him as low life scum.

Shame on you Bubba.

Without that Patron coming to see you play golf, you would be just another hack at your local muni.

this is funny, Bubba is a rich mega golfer and it wouldn't matter one bit if any of us went out to watch him. He's that good and why the sponsors choose pay him. He owes us nothing, he owes his sponsors everything. I just want to watch good golf, I don't care about any of their personalities.

Can't believe he got into a argument with a fan after he hit his ball several fairways from his. I respect his game but his mouth gets him in trouble every time.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Why can't it be objective criticism about how someone handles themselves?
Not everything has to be super fan vs hatred.

Im not sure where in sports it turned into no matter what "my guy" does he is amazing and nobody should ever say a thing over wise.

I agree! I tried this in a Jason Day post and got labeled a "Hater"by some of the same people in this post bashing Bubba.

I agree! I tried this in a Jason Day post and got labeled a "Hater"by some of the same people in this post bashing Bubba.
To be fair, you called Jason Day a drama queen who fakes injuries for attention and protection. That's not exactly what's going on with Bubba.

To be fair, you called Jason Day a drama queen who fakes injuries for attention and protection. That's not exactly what's going on with Bubba.

And to tell the truth, I simply asked the question did others think he was a "Drama Queen". It was "others" who said I thought he was faking his injuries. Your post Just proves my point.

And to tell the truth, I simply asked the question did others think he was a "Drama Queen". It was "others" who said I thought he was faking his injuries. Your post Just proves my point.

It's too early to do this on the Internet. But you said he faked injuries.

​Does anyone else here besides me think Jason Day is a Drama Queen?

From him falling out on the course from Vertigo to him hitting a bad tee ball and after he sees it going left he grabs his back. He acts like he can barley walk walking up to his second shot but somehow is able to take a big swing. I think he is full of it.

It's OK to have opinions. Not every has to agree with them. If you state an opinion, you have to be prepared for people to say that they disagree with it. Otherwise, discussion can't/won't happen.

It's too early to do this on the Internet. But you said he faked injuries.

It's OK to have opinions. Not every has to agree with them. If you state an opinion, you have to be prepared for people to say that they disagree with it. Otherwise, discussion can't/won't happen.

Exactly my point! I welcomed the discussion that's why I started the topic. When called a Hater for it is not having a discussion. And for what's it's worth to you, I never felt Day faked anything. I felt and still do that he ​Dramatized it. I think he is FULL OF IT.

We might actually feel the same way about things but type and read into it differently.

I honestly think it is a joke that people are ranting on Bubba. Pro athletes get paid to preform and he is not paid to be nice guy. Bubba is villain and some athletes embrace that. If you do not like him you do not have to watch him or purchase the products he endorses. If someone engages him from the crowd, not every response is going to be good.

I honestly think it is a joke that people are ranting on Bubba. Pro athletes get paid to preform and he is not paid to be nice guy. Bubba is villain and some athletes embrace that. If you do not like him you do not have to watch him or purchase the products he endorses. If someone engages him from the crowd, not every response is going to be good.
To be fair, Bubba engaged the fan first.

And for what's it's worth to you, I never felt Day faked anything. I felt and still do that he ​Dramatized it. I think he is FULL OF IT.

Yeah, look at the little drama queen, drawing attention to himself

200w.gif
Yep....I think that's fake too.

The difference here, I don't think/perceive Jason Day is faking anything and Day has never said he is faking.

I think Bubba can be a jerk. Bubba has said that he can sometimes be a jerk.

The difference here, I don't think/perceive Jason Day is faking anything and Day has never said he is faking.

I think Bubba can be a jerk. Bubba has said that he can sometimes be a jerk.

That's me poking a stick at you since you seemed so worked up.:eyepoke:
Again it's hard to see emotions on a computer.

To be fair, Bubba engaged the fan first.

yes, he did and I would say it is well within his right to ask a spectator to move. Let's just remember Bubba's work place is a very different one then our office.

yes, he did and I would say it is well within his right to ask a spectator to move. Let's just remember Bubba's work place is a very different one then our office.
I have no issues with Bubba asking the spectator to move. I would expect Bubba to do so, since he could kill that poor man.

But did Bubba ask him to move or did Bubba tell him to move because he wasn't even supposed to be there?

Asking a patron to move is fine. Telling a patron "You aren't supposed to be here," is being a jerk.

Of course that's not the bad line, it's the way he felt forced to continue and say, "I have two green jackets."

Rinds me of the na na na na na na kids on the playground.

Imagine if Bubba Watson had Spieth's head game and off-course talent.

I don't like to see people expecting professional athletes to be role models. That's just too dangerous in my mind. They deserve every ounce of criticism resulting from their poor choices, don't get me wrong, but they're still professional athletes. Even Spieth will let us down. In my head, I try to give a guy plenty of opportunities to earn his reputation with me, but however long it takes to build that reputation it takes much longer to change it. Bubba has earned his reputation for being a Jerk. He's admitted it, fine, but made no visible effort to change it. Apologies go a long way. By now he should have the restraint to think to himself "To avoid having another headline where I come out as a jerk, I'm just going to smile at this guy and move on." Bubba has a lot of work to do if he wants people to change their perception of him. His true character will be further revealed by that journey.

As far as him being labeled a family man? He loves his wife and kids - that's great. Keep them first and you'll be a long way ahead of most people. But what kind of success is he setting his kids up for when he puts himself (and them along with him) in these situations where he's being a jerk? I don't expect perfection, but if I were him I would use my wife and kids as motivation to change and mend public perception. When you are truly a family man, you realize that every decision you make comes back to your family and affects them too. It's not "Oh I don't care what people think of me" anymore. I wouldn't call that behavior that of a man who keeps his family first.

If Bubba ever got to Jordan-levels with his head game and off-course abilities, everyone else will play for 2nd place. Unfortunately at this point I think we're a lot more likely to see Jordan crushing 380 yard drives and bending shots around trees.

I have no issues with Bubba asking the spectator to move. I would expect Bubba to do so, since he could kill that poor man.

But did Bubba ask him to move or did Bubba tell him to move because he wasn't even supposed to be there?

Who cares how it came up the spectator should move. Do not mess with the bull you may get the horns.

Who cares how it came up the spectator should move. Do not mess with the bull you may get the horns.

Very true....Doesnt mean the bull should be above reproach however.

Back