Bridgestone B330-RXS & RX Testers Thread

idriveahonda's Bridgestone B330-RXS Review

idriveahonda's Bridgestone B330-RXS Review

Alrighty, finally got some course time to really be able to work this out.

Golfer Specs:
Height/Weight: 5'7'' @ 150lbs
Years playing golf: 8
Handicap: +1 and getting lower

Clubhead speed (driver): 103-105avg, 108-110 max
Ballspeed (driver): 155-163mph

Driver distance (carry): 270-275
4-iron distance (carry): 200-205
7-iron distance (carry): 163-165
PW distance (carry): 133-135

What's in the bag:
TaylorMade R9 TP 10.5* w/ Fubuki 63 stiff
TaylorMade R9 TP 15* w/ Fubuki 73 stiff
TaylorMade Rescue TP 19* w/ Aldila Voodoo SVS6 stiff
TaylorMade Smoke MB TP's (3-PW) w/ Flighted Rifle 6.0
TaylorMade Smoke MB TP 54* and 60* w/ Project X 6.0
Putters change

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Balls to be tested:
Titleist ProV1
Titleist ProV1x
TaylorMade TP Red LDP
TaylorMade TP Black LDP
TaylorMade Penta
Bridgestone B330-RXS

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

Stay tuned!

After looking at what you've got laying around, all I can say is...

DAAAAMN.jpg

I wish I had to test all that stuff!

Great stuff Honda, nice sticks. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

After looking at what you've got laying around, all I can say is...

DAAAAMN.jpg

I wish I had to test all that stuff!

That is just THAT side of the room.

The other side of my murphy bed contains a Nike staff bag, with some REAL goodies. It hides multiple pairs of Nike shoes, balls, and clubs.

I will get a bunch more pictures within the next couple days. Have ANOTHER set of backup irons on the way now :)

How does it hide anything? I thought a muphy bed went up into the wall, lol.

How does it hide anything? I thought a muphy bed went up into the wall, lol.

But, mine is huge.

I'll give a BROAD shot of the bedroom to showoff all the goodies, for all you equipment junkies!

Give me some time to clean lol.

Can't wait. I had a really cool office, down town in Missouri that had a Murphy bed, shower, confrence room. I miss it bad these days, but the best part was all my golf stuff on a special shelf. I loved it.

That is just THAT side of the room.

The other side of my murphy bed contains a Nike staff bag, with some REAL goodies. It hides multiple pairs of Nike shoes, balls, and clubs.

I will get a bunch more pictures within the next couple days. Have ANOTHER set of backup irons on the way now :)

Ok I feel the need to ask this... why does one need ANOTHER set of backup irons? And for that matter, how many sets of backup irons do you have?

Ok I feel the need to ask this... why does one need ANOTHER set of backup irons? And for that matter, how many sets of backup irons do you have?

I have a varying set for the following conditions:
TM Smoke MB TP's (the everyday irons)
Nike Pro Combo's (more forgiving FORGED irons)
TM Rac LT (CAST forgiving iron for cold/really wet conditions)

The Pro Combo's are on order (new). I had two sets previously, along with a set of the original forged blades. The TM LT's are a buddies, that I am picking up.

I am also looking for the original (2005) TM coin-forged cavities, for a completely forged, semi-cavity iron, to take a place directly after the Smoke TP MB's.

I'm adding wedges also. I had varying lofts/bounces for varying conditions, but moved some a while back, now looking to get some back.

Went the 18 today and here is my review:

I started at the chipping and putting green first. On chipping, I was getting a better feel off the 330 than the Ignite. I had a feeling this was going to be the case since I knew just from touch as well as the other reviews that this was a "softer" ball. I was more accurate from fairway and rough length bermuda on 20-30 footers than the Ignite. I also felt I could "direct" the ball better. By "direct" I mean if I wanted a little more roll or a little more check, I could accomplish this better with the 330.

On putting, the Ignites I always felt "clicky" and responsive which in a way I liked since I knew if I mishit a putt right away. The 330's came off a little more "deadened" and felt a little better as far as touch off the face. What I needed to get used to was I felt that I had to push more with the 330 than the ignites (might just be because of cover design) and less "clickyness".

On the course I played the 330's on the widest fairways and Par 3's due to fear of losing all three quick. I didn't feel that these were coming off as hot as the Ignites (once again maybe because of the cover) but distance wise they were comparable. The difference between the two was apparent when my driver started to fail me. On my "heavy" slices the Ignite never had a chance and went oob quick. I noticed that the 330's didn't spin as much on the same type shots and I was able to save the ball a couple of times (sadly one had to be sacrificed to the Golf Gods of the woods). I also felt that the 330's felt heavier off the tee and the fairway which, to me, feels more like I'm compressing the ball better. Trajectory on both were similar with my swing.

On the Par 3's I noticed that the 330's would drop a little softer than my Ignites which took a couple of hops (which is hard to do on these soft bermuda greens) before stopping. My trajectory on the iron shots were similar, but I can tell on the mishits that the 330 is more forgiving. I don't know how else to explain it but on mishits with my swing, the Ignite would feel "whippy" where the 330's felt "saggy".

Out of the rough I give the edge to the 330 because of the control factor. Sometimes I feel like I have to hold back a little on the Ignites for fear of smoking it past the green. No shots out of the sand today (thank goodness) but I would assume the same would hold true with the statements above.

My final conclusion:

From the get go I knew that the 330 was a "better" ball. From the packaging, the tactile feel, the control shots, the weight, and the perceived balance, it was a "better" ball. Judging from the price points it should have been. While I am impressed with the overall performance of the 330, at this stage of my game I do not feel it would be worth to spend the extra money to purchase this "better" ball. It my instance, the issue is the chief and not the arrow. Losing the amount of balls, at my rate, would be cost restrictive. However, when I develop some consistency in my game I would not hesitate to game this ball. Also keep in mind these factors... 1) I have not played the other 330 comparable balls (Pro v1(x), zstars, one tours, etc.), 2) this was my eighth time out on the course so developing my game will take some time at which point they will have something else out there that's better than sliced bread.

If there are other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure there are a couple of things I missed out on. I will try to take the remaining 2 balls hopefully towards the end of the week to play again and at that point I will post more observances.

FYI, I shot a 105 which is the second best round I've had. :blob:

Lets keep this thread about the golf ball. Thanks.

Good stuff. Very thorough.

Great review Spanks. Thanks for the info. Sounds like a ball I need to get out and try when the snow melts.

Bridgestone Tour B330-RX Review

Bridgestone Tour B330-RX Review

I returned to my office after vacation Thursday and Friday to find my Bridgestone balls for review. I will make pictures tonight and play a round with them on Wednesday so I can see how they play. I am very excited about it.

Great looking packaging and ball. I like the double lines above and below the "Tour B330-RX" on the ball. These should make great alignment marks.

Can't wait to hear the results C-Tech.

Nice review and great pics Spank! Looking forward to your "long-term" review of the two B330-RXs you have left!

Have fun C-Tech!! You're at the office today?? You didn't get today off? :D

Nice review and great pics Spank! Looking forward to your "long-term" review of the two B330-RXs you have left!

Thanks bonk... and to me long term review on the two balls left = 1 more round. :D

Have fun C-Tech!! You're at the office today?? You didn't get today off? :D

I was supposed to work, but see thread on Accenture Match Play. I played hookey this afternoon.

I am playing with a customer tomorrow afternoon and will get a chance to try out the Bridgestones. That will be a good test, he and I are competitive in driving distance and handicap. He will make a good "marker" for the test.

Well I had an interesting day yesterday and that played over to today with this ball. When I sent in my email to be considered for this review, my swing speed as last tested was 98 about 2 years ago. Yesterday I had my club fitting done and my swing speed was averaging at 107 MPH. This puts me just above the recommended swing speed for this ball. This may explain the issues I am having with this ball off the tee with the driver.

I went out today and played nine and was still having issues with the ball off the tee, however the irons and chipping were a totally different story. I had to club down 1 club on my iron shots and except for one they held the green when I got it on the green on my appraoch shots.

Chipping was a wonder with these, with my first ever chip in for a birdie.

Putting was once again real nice with both putters. I still had an issue on a couple of longer putts with it sounding real clicky and a bit hard off the putter.

When I can get my camera to cooperate with me I will post pictures on how the ball held up. I hit two tree limbs with it today and was really suprised and pleased with how it held up with very few minimul scuff marks.

If I could control this ball off the tee I would go out and buy this ball for my game ball. I absoultely LOVE how it feels and performs on approach shot and chipping. The issues with the tee shots and longer putts for me are the only thing that will put me off this ball. This is not a knock on the ball just me finding out that my swing speed is more than this ball was designed for.

Awesome detail RW. You may want to try the regular Tour B330 and see how that works out.

Great stuff Wolff. Must be nice to hear your ss is going the right direction. Can't wait for more.

Great stuff Wolff. Must be nice to hear your ss is going the right direction. Can't wait for more.

I will try and post some more, I am down to one ball now. I snap hooked one OOB today and then sliced another one into the water. One small patch of open water on an otherwise frozen pond and my ball finds it. :angry:

Back