Holy. Crap. Thanks for doing some legwork, Mo. I can assure you at those prices, I won't be participating.

But,you will have no issues dropping $400 on a new driver.This thinking is just nuts.

My wife and I have both taken lessons at Robin Nigro's and been VERY pleased. Robin's a jewel. My wife loved her and she gave me a chipping/pitching lesson that was remarkably effective.

I've also taken lessons there from Mike and had good results. And I've watched Robin's husband Mark giving a lot of lessons and he seems quite good too.

It's about $250ish for 3 1-hour private lessons and I thought it was well worth the money spent.

Wait a minute...if the information below is correct doesn't the 12 month program include a lesson each week? Well if you divide $1,965 by 52 it works out to only $38 a lesson (a video lesson). That seems pretty cheap to me??? The 6 month program works out to around $51 a lesson (26 lessons)...still not bad for video lessons? Am I missing somthing here?

I called and talked to GolfTec, he sent me an email outlining their program:beat-up:

Initial evaluation..................$165
3 month program.................$955
6 month program.................$1325
12 month program...............$1965
Maximum performance..........$2595

As much as I love playing the game, there is no way I'm paying that much for lessons. I wouldn't even try and justify that expense to my wife.:bicker:

Looks like it's up to you Smallville to let us know how it goes, I'm out.

Wait a minute...if the information below is correct doesn't the 12 month program include a lesson each week? Well if you divide $1,965 by 52 it works out to only $38 a lesson (a video lesson). That seems pretty cheap to me??? The 6 month program works out to around $51 a lesson (26 lessons)...still not bad for video lessons? Am I missing somthing here?

That's a lot to drop on lessons. I take six lessons a YEAR, not six lessons in six weeks. Video or otherwise. And those lessons are semi-private along with my wife, not one on one. So go ahead and spend that money if you want to! I won't be!

i spent 500 last fall and winter for over 15 fitness lessons in a state of the art facility(works muscles that youll need for golf=these were more intense than any basketball practice ive had)
plus around 15 lessons with a certified Titleist Performance Institute(TPI)/ college golf coach Lucas Hana.

And a dietician who looked over my diet and gave me suggestions on what to eat and when

And a binder filled with stuff to work on my mental game

boy was this worth it! my handicap dropped by 10 strokes/points and i hit my driver over 40 yards longer effortlessly...irons are about 1.5 longer.

but they told me that my results were not typical because i had worked so hard, which i did everytime todd would be like "another set?!" id be like "bring it" :banana:

granted i am 16, but i lost between 3-4 lbs each night which was an hour section....so obviously there is more benefits than golf for those who want to shed a couple lbs....if you have any questions i can give you more info

You also have to understand that being 16 you do not have 20-30 years of swing tendancies to fix.

very true, and i know a lot about golf mechanics so that helped

i wish dicks would have sit down interviews the old fashioned way because they have an open spot in the golf dept(and i know a lot of the workers personally) but they wont even look at my online application cause im 16! i dont even get a chance to show em what i know! :at-wits-end:

You also have to understand that being 16 you do not have 20-30 years of swing tendancies to fix.

Great point...:clapp:

I wish I would have started playing the game (with instruction at 16)...I have spent the last 8 months un-doing "my" swing so that I could now try to do it correctly and I battle it everyday.

Don't get me wrong, just becuase your 16 does not mean you can play the game...it still takes a lot of hard work (which it sounds like OFvar is putting in) and some natural ability never hurts...:cool:

That's a lot to drop on lessons. I take six lessons a YEAR, not six lessons in six weeks. Video or otherwise. And those lessons are semi-private along with my wife, not one on one. So go ahead and spend that money if you want to! I won't be!

Smallville,

Oh please do not take what I wrote wrong...:beat-up: I was simply doing the math (sorry I am an accountant) but to me if you made a decision to say make a swing change and wanted to carve out a year (which I am 8 months into) this is not necessarially a bad route to go financially. I pay $50 a week and try to make it every week. And we use limtied video. Sorry if you thought I was bashing your way of doing things. I really was not but just simply pointing out the fact that it could be a good deal in the right situation...:cool:

ZM - Didn't feel you were bashing; $38 bucks a lesson with video is a heckuva price. The total for a year is way out of my budget for lessons. I would rather spend two grand in a different way. That's all.

Last winter in Cincinnati, GolfTec was offering one of their lesson packs at just about half price. The package included the evaluation and a group of lessons. Also you could go and hit balls and and practice without a lesson and they give pointers.

Looked like a good deal, but it still wasn't "cheap". Just can' rremember a price now.

ZM - Didn't feel you were bashing; $38 bucks a lesson with video is a heckuva price. The total for a year is way out of my budget for lessons. I would rather spend two grand in a different way. That's all.

I understand and we are cool...I just wanted to make sure you understood where I was coming from. It is my job almost everyday to perform cost/benefit analysis and as I was reading through the post I went back and did the math and just felt compelled to make sure everyone was aware that these prices were not that un-reasonable...again depending on your situation and what your goals are. I would have a hard time committing to a year up front...anything could happen with work or injuries that could cause me to loose my money...:cool:

I understand and we are cool...I just wanted to make sure you understood where I was coming from. It is my job almost everyday to perform cost/benefit analysis and as I was reading through the post I went back and did the math and just felt compelled to make sure everyone was aware that these prices were not that un-reasonable...again depending on your situation and what your goals are. I would have a hard time committing to a year up front...anything could happen with work or injuries that could cause me to lose my money...:cool:
That is my issue with their pricing also, there is no way I would sign up for a year or even six months of lessons. Let me pay as we go and if I'm liking the lessons and seeing positive results I'll keep paying.

That is my issue with their pricing also, there is no way I would sign up for a year or even six months of lessons. Let me pay as we go and if I'm liking the lessons and seeing positive results I'll keep paying.

On the other hand, for some folks the upfront payment is the necesary incentive to take those lessons and practice. "I'll work it into my schedule" is a whole lot easier said than done, particularly if you haven't already paid for it.

Not that I've done Golf-Tec, but that pricing may work for some.

On the other hand, for some folks the upfront payment is the necesary incentive to take those lessons and practice. "I'll work it into my schedule" is a whole lot easier said than done, particularly if you haven't already paid for it.

Hmmmmmmmmm...good point! Another way to look at it...committment!

Not that I've done Golf-Tec, but that pricing may work for some.

One would think it would be more incentive but how many people have paid for a gym membership upfront and then only go for a month?

One would think it would be more incentive but how many people have paid for a gym membership upfront and then only go for a month?

[Hand in the air.]

Just do it? Easier to say than to accomplish.

I have been juggling this idea for about a month and think I have decided to save the money required to take GolfTec lessons. The reason is that when you break it down to a per lesson cost, it is not that much more expensive than a course pro, but the number of extra training strategies and equipment they offer is o much more than you could ever get on a course. I have only been plaing for a little over a year so I don't have 20 years of bad habits to break and really think that starting off with such comprehensive training could make my golf future a lot more enjoyable.

One of my friends took lessons at GolfTec this summer and has improved more than anyone I've ever seen.

Diane that is what I love to hear. Sounds like she made noticable strides in her game. Just as an FYI in this thread....At most GolfTec locations they now offer monthly payment plans versus the upfront pricing. I feel it makes the lessons "more affordable" to more golfers.

Diane that is what I love to hear. Sounds like she made noticable strides in her game. Just as an FYI in this thread....At most GolfTec locations they now offer monthly payment plans versus the upfront pricing. I feel it makes the lessons "more affordable" to more golfers.

I like that idea Andy. I've always been hesitant to spend that much upfront not knowing if I would like the lessons.

Back