Master Grip Golf Balls

hitmanharleyk

Swing Easy, Hit it Hard!
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.6
What have you heard about them?

http://mggolf.com/balls.asp

A couple of guys at the local course swear by them, but I wonder if that is more about price than performance. All 3 guys are between a 6 and 9 handicap so they are better players.

A urethane covered ball for $21 has to get your attention though!

I know a lot of guys that like them. I found them "okay". They lacked durability for me and did not fly as far as my normal ball. For a couple of dollars more, I can get the Bridgestone e5 that I definitely like quite a bit as well.

A LITTLE longer than the ProV, but less spin. Can't hurt to try them if I ever see some around. Not gonna order any though.

I had never seen or heard of them until I saw this thread. Available online only?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never seen them in a golf shop, but they might be somewhere...

I had never seen or heard of them until I saw this thread. Available online only?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you, I had never ever heard of these before this thread.

It started with the gloves around here and now has bled over to the golf balls. The gloves are always buy one get one free and the one's these guys use are pretty nice.

I guess if you buy a couple of gloves (plus getting 2 free) and a couple of dozen balls, you'd be getting a very good deal.

Yes I think they are only available online.

One of the guys gave me one the other day as I was looking for a new ball to play but my swing wasn't the best that day so I stuck it back for a better day.

I was/am looking for a replacement for the Nike 20xi X that I've been playing, this ball spins alot for me as I can pull it back 10 to 15 feet. I've tried the Srixon Z star (lost distance), Q star (jumped off wedges on chips) and the Pro v1 x (doesn't hold the line of flight as good as the Nike). I'll probably use the 20xi thru the winter and see what is new come February.

Yes I think they are only available online.

One of the guys gave me one the other day as I was looking for a new ball to play but my swing wasn't the best that day so I stuck it back for a better day.

I was/am looking for a replacement for the Nike 20xi X that I've been playing, this ball spins alot for me as I can pull it back 10 to 15 feet. I've tried the Srixon Z star (lost distance), Q star (jumped off wedges on chips) and the Pro v1 x (doesn't hold the line of flight as good as the Nike). I'll probably use the 20xi thru the winter and see what is new come February.
Ever looked at gaming a Bridgestone? The 330 line is solid, and from the sounds of it, the 330RX might be a good fit for you.

Easy way to find out, get a free ball fitting, its quick and easy; http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/bfit

well "one of the reasons" I liked the Nike 20xi was my pro let me get them for $35 a dozen out the door, but if it isn't the fit for me it isn't.

Maybe I'll grab a sleeve of 330's tomorrow.

I know a guy that plays them and swears they are as good as a ProV1, I hit one a few times and wasn't impressed...at the time I was playing ProV's and didn't seem to hit these quite as far and seemed kinda soft...never hit one with a short iron so I couldn't comment on durability.

I'd say you get what you pay for.

Tadashi turned me onto these over the summer, and I found them to be a nice ball with a soft cover, i'm not sure if you've ever played the Ben Hogan tour deep ball but the dimple pattern is very similar and I found the distance above average. Not terribly long but above average. I quit playing them because I hit them too high. Not a horrible ball for the money at all.

The gloves are nice too.

Back