Texas Get Together October '12

Pretty small group for this, thought we would have a few more.

Pretty small group for this, thought we would have a few more.

Agreed! With so many THPers in Texas, this turnout is so low...

With that said, I'm pretty excited and can't wait for this weekend to finally get here!

Agreed! With so many THPers in Texas, this turnout is so low...

With that said, I'm pretty excited and can't wait for this weekend to finally get here!

I know what you mean, I moved out here a month ago & my, normal playing partners just won't drive 16 hours for a round of golf.

Put me in for a maybe on Sunday and I'll get back to you soon.

Sent from my Dark JellyBellyG1 using Tapatalk 2

Put me down for Sunday, have a charity event on Saturday and can't make that day.

Bumping for some more Texas peeps this weekend! Where is our North Texas student up there in Denton??? Is he on the list yet?

I think Jman needs to make the drive from Oklahoma to come play!

Oct 19th! Final day to commit to this!

Come out Texans!

We are now down to 4 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. I reserved 16 tee times for both days, I guess I was a little over optimistic about a TEXAS get together.

I am a little disappointed with the turn out as well.

There was tons of interest MONTHS ago. Not sure how people don't put it on the calendar and block it off. I never would have committed myself if I had known so many people were going to bail.

Sounds like we have a lot of "soccer practice" that weekend.

This will probably be my last unofficial THP gathering.

I am a little disappointed with the turn out as well.

There was tons of interest MONTHS ago. Not sure how people don't put it on the calendar and block it off. I never would have committed myself if I had known so many people were going to bail.

Sounds like we have a lot of "soccer practice" that weekend.

This will probably be my last unofficial THP gathering.

That's the facts of life TrueFX. While the idea sounds good at the time, many things come up in life and decisions have to be made. I don't fault anyone for showing interest at first but then having to back out. This is also not an official THP outing. This is just a friendly get together for those that want to play golf whether it's with 10 players or 2. But if you are looking for a soccer game to attend after golf on Saturday you are more than welcome to swing by the Frisco soccer fields at 6 and then again at 7 to watch 6 year olds run around the field. LOL. If not, I'll video it and we can watch it after our round on Sunday then. But I do understand that those that might be traveling and having to stay in the DFW area for this might be let down. Probably why Tim isn't coming anymore. Again, totally understand. I know threeboysdad did a lot in setting this up. A good time will be had whether you are playing 1 or both days. No doubt.

Work is the reason Tim will not make it unfortunately. He was going to stay with me while he was in town. I do agee that no matter the turn out it will still be a great day of fun. It's always a good time playing with fellow THPers.

Sorry guys, I have to turn my tentative yes into a can't make it. I'm working on two extensive social science research projects this semester and just don't have time. I haven't played much golf lately because of them, along with taking 3 other classes w/ midterms the past two weeks. I apologize for waiting this late, I was trying to see if I could get away that weekend, but I'll be in the library most of that weekend finalizing statistical analysis for one paper and a lit review for another. I knew this semester was going to be busy, just didn't think I'd be living in the library this much and it's been so nice outside.

Again I am sorry.
BigFrank

I am going to have to change my maybe to a no as well Sorry work is not going to let me off.

I'm still in and ready to go. Hit the range last night to verify I remeber how to use those sticks in the back of my truck. Wasn't to sure about that though. It has def been a while since my last sighting of a golf course. Looking fwd to playing some golf with all that attend.

Work is the reason Tim will not make it unfortunately. He was going to stay with me while he was in town. I do agee that no matter the turn out it will still be a great day of fun. It's always a good time playing with fellow THPers.

I really hated that I had to bail on you guys...but one of my coworkers wife has to have surgery and it was his weekend to be "on call"...I had the next weekend...when he took time off that moved me up in the on call so I am not allowed to leave the Houston area.

I am really sorry I was looking forward to it as much as you guys were.

Back