The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brees is getting into crunch time to throw a TD pass..

Hi Matt this is Jesse, throw the ball to White more please.

No way. Brees needs to look to Jimmy more.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

No way. Brees needs to look to Jimmy more.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Take that to the FF thread :alien:

4 picks for Brees. What is the odds he gets a TD this game yet? I say 5/1

Wow. What a tough night for Brees.

It was ugly but I will take it. Who dat? 11-1 BOOM

Even EJ Manuel thought Drew Brees threw too many picks tonight. His receivers were off and he was even more off. Terrible game by him.

Matt Ryan is 32-4 in his career at home in the Dome. That is impressive regardless of his postseason record.

Well, Saints season is over. Guess I'm glad they put me out of my misery. Time to tank the rest of the season to get a better pick in the draft. Brees picked a bad time to have the worst game of his career. He was also terrible against the niners on Sunday throwing 2 pick 6's. They just made too many mistakes today. Plain and simple, it just wasn't their year. But I'm seeing a lot of improvement in the defense under Spags and Payton will be back next year. I still think this group of players has a playoff run in them, just won't be this year.

Take that to the FF thread :alien:

4 picks for Brees. What is the odds he gets a TD this game yet? I say 5/1

I can't believe he threw 5 picks in one game, also having that poor performance being the game that ended the streak as well. Who knew the Falcons D was that good, or was it truly a fluke of a bad game for Brees?

I saw this last night. Made me laugh:

Onion Sports Network@OnionSports The Falcons, hoping to get one step closer to an inevitable home playoff loss, host the Saints tonight #KeysToTheMatchup...

I can't believe he threw 5 picks in one game, also having that poor performance being the game that ended the streak as well. Who knew the Falcons D was that good, or was it truly a fluke of a bad game for Brees?

I think it was a fluke. However, with how bad NO played, they still had a shot at winning. You don't get all the breaks, but NO had some awful "luck". Scoring before the half and Lance Moore catching that can-o-corn in the endzone completely turns that game around.

An unnamed player of the KC Chiefs just committed suicide at the team's facilities according to ESPN. He allegedly shot his girlfriend in their home before driving to the stadium to kill himself.

An unnamed player of the KC Chiefs just committed suicide at the team's facilities according to ESPN. He allegedly shot his girlfriend in their home before driving to the stadium to kill himself.

We've heard about this this morning. I was wondering if it was a Chiefs player.

I just read it. Wonder who it was.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1428888-kansas-city-chiefs-player-kills-girlfriend-himself

KCTV5 news is reporting two deadly shootings that are connected. Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher shot his girlfriend at one location and then himself at the Arrowhead practice facility, according to Kevin Kietzman of Sports Radio 810.

According to the report, Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend and then drove to the practice facility where he shot and killed himself.

The first shooting occurred at 54th Street and Chrysler Avenue, which is 11 minutes away from Arrowhead Stadium. The first shooting happened at 8 a.m. The second shooting happened shortly afterward at Arrowhead Stadium's practice facility.

Arrowhead security has also placed the practice facility on lockdown.

Very sad, What a shock for the rest of the team as well.

Very sad, What a shock for the rest of the team as well.

I have no idea what it was all about, but I believe he left his kid an orphan because of this. What a douche.

I don't apologize for not having sympathy towards a person who kills themself. What a coward.

This detail is haunting:
RT @KCStar: Police: #Chiefs player, 25, was met by coaches in the parking lot of the practice facility and then took his own life.

Holy cow. What a deal.

Also, I don't think there's any reason why the Chiefs and Panthers should play tomorrrow. Both teams are out of the playoff race, and they can deal with the draft positioning at a later time.

Also, I don't think there's any reason why the Chiefs and Panthers should play tomorrrow. Both teams are out of the playoff race, and they can deal with the draft positioning at a later time.

I say the Chiefs just forfeit the game. And the rest of them too. They always seem to screw themselves out of the number one pick when they have a chance at getting it.

I think we should ask the players and coaches and then do that. They are the only ones who should have any say in the decision.

I think we should ask the players and coaches and then do that. They are the only ones who should have any say in the decision.

They will play. They will have a black armband in tribute to the scumbag who caused all this an play on.

Wonder if they will be bringing in grief counselors to help them cope.
57784d1316729464-cam-newton-superfractor-flip-sarcasm-1-.gif

I don't want to be "that guy", but I think we are being a bit insensitive to the whole situation unfolding in Kansas City. We don't know all the details yet, other than a woman is dead and so is a player. While I don't condone what the guy did in either situation, we don't know the facts that lead up to this tragedy and why it unfolded like it did. Second, there's a bit of distance between being a fan, and being a compassionate human being. Two people are dead. One guy that many guys called a team mate, watched film with, bunked in training camp with, played football with, and I am sure many other things with. Whatever the guy did, there are probably more important things than football right now and draft picks later in the year. As far as grief counselors go, I know it was a sarcastic statement, but I am sure there will be some sort of counseling available to the staff and players, if needed. Two men just watched a kid they drafted out of college, developed, trained, and practically lived with for 10 months out of a year, kill himself as they probably tried to persuade him to give himself up and live. I don't care how tough you think you are, that's probably a Hell of a thing to have on your conscience and walk around the rest of your life remembering, witnessing and having to re-live over and over. As a person that has had one relative commit suicide, and a best friend that did the same thing just a couple years ago, I do not think the man was a "coward", but didn't know how to best handle the demons he had inside him. I agree that suicide is a selfish act, but we never truly know what gets a person to that point and why they do it.

I just wanted to add that. I am not going to debate it, so I am going to leave it at that.

Anyways. What an awful way to end the year for the organization and the fans. I feel for all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back