The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

How do break the masses of not trying to beat the Zoocrew? It seems that every team has had a unique experience will on the left coast. So the fun and bonding is there. TR raised the bar this year. How should the next group prepare?

Its easier for some to go play semi private and private than others, some are in locations where you play whatever you can play whenever you can.

How do break the masses of not trying to beat the Zoocrew? It seems that every team has had a unique experience will on the left coast. So the fun and bonding is there. TR raised the bar this year. How should the next group prepare?

They should be themselves and follow their captain, he's a wise one who I know in my heart will do things the right way.

This is a life changing experience. In all aspects, it is amazing and nothing can prepare for the awesome it provides the participants.

Its easier for some to go play semi private and private than others, some are in locations where you play whatever you can play whenever you can.

It was just a suggestion

They should be themselves and follow their captain, he's a wise one who I know in my heart will do things the right way.

This is a life changing experience. In all aspects, it is amazing and nothing can prepare for the awesome it provides the participants.

Dan will lead them along the best path, that is for certain. By all the feedback this changed a lot of lives.

It was just a suggestion
I was simply continuing the conversation, there's always two sides to a coin worth talking about. I'd have adored playing tracks like that all the time leading in, but geographically it was impossible, so we all just have to do the best we can.

I was simply continuing the conversation, there's always two sides to a coin worth talking about. I'd have adored playing tracks like that all the time leading in, but geographically it was impossible, so we all just have to do the best we can.

No, it was in response to his question to try to find those pristine conditions. If they are about to get on that might provide that visual awesome the Hideaway offered.

No, it was in response to his question to try to find those pristine conditions. If they are about to get on that might provide that visual awesome the Hideaway offered.

Huh? It was a conversation on that point, so I was conversing. Not sure what the big deal is here.

IMO, nothing will provide the visuals of the Hideaway. But I'll also say I wasn't even once intimidated by it coming from even the unworthy tracks I play. I was amazed, wowed, awed, in love, infatuated, in heaven, but never intimidated.

7328b70692709a833c6498c603b1e417.jpg

Hello heaven. I miss you.

On the earlier q about preferred courses, I liked the Dye, loved the Clive, freaking picturesque.

Simply put, they're good, really good. Better than I believe many give them credit for.

I'll not go any further than that because to me, I have no qualms with how it turned out. It's more than about winning, this is not a simple competition like so many believe it is.

I agree here. The ZC plays quality golf. They don't make many mistakes and they are a well oiled team. Oh & they can all putt their tails off.

If you don't get in awe of the environment, which is hard, it boils down to straight match play. Use pops to your advantage if you get them. Don't press for shots if you have a stroke to play with.

100% right here. It's hard not to get caught up in the awe that is the Hideaway. I think as a team we all did a great job of playing in the moment, but it's hard to not take a step back and completely be floored because of where you are. I wasn't intimidated, but just grateful and humbled to be there.

I will add from my perspective I would only change being more aggressive with certain shots. I have no regrets on any shot I took and I went after it when I had a green light, but in hindsight, you can fire at flags and be ok. Several times I was walking up to the green and thought to myself "you had more room than you thought"

Ever wonder what Davee looks like in regular clothes?

110f9d003efba9ab6f3aa5534e1102b4.jpg

Might as well play 18 while we are here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever wonder what Davee looks like in regular clothes?

110f9d003efba9ab6f3aa5534e1102b4.jpg

Might as well play 18 while we are here.

That logo on the polo looks amazing with that backdrop!

While I agree with Dean I will add I think just playing many different course will add to the golf game. Or just grab a swing like the 2016 captain and all will be right in the world.

But if I was scouting courses I'd look for private to semi private or resort style courses and play from 6500 plus. Learn how to score and play on various tracks. Then you'll know for later.

I think most of us can dream of having a swing like that.

Tight Fairways and chipping areas. Oh and fast greens. You know greens where even when you have a 10 foot uphill putt, you can't be aggressive with it.

That's fast - and hard to come by at a lot of courses.

I think most of us can dream of having a swing like that.

That's fast - and hard to come by at a lot of courses.

I have a few videos of it. I was watching it this morning and it's a sight.

Jman,
Ive followed along to this thread and I've seen it posted more than a few times by you and some of TR, what does "the right way" mean? I've enjoyed each GRANDADDY thread the past two years and this year's was no exception, it was awesome. And next year I'll be actively participating that thread too, whether as a lucky participant or member rooting on THP to a victory!

Jman,
Ive followed along to this thread and I've seen it posted more than a few times by you and some of TR, what does "the right way" mean? I've enjoyed each GRANDADDY thread the past two years and this year's was no exception, it was awesome. And next year I'll be actively participating that thread too, whether as a lucky participant or member rooting on THP to a victory!

There really is no right or wrong way for someone to enjoy THP. The only thing Jman instilled in us from the very beginning is that this event was going to be about the community. It was going to be inclusive of the people here, not exclusive to the people in the event.

Make them feel like they were part of the journey and the event. Make them feel like they were part of Team Redemption. And most importantly, make them feel like the equipment was for them too. Share with everybody the information, what we learned, what we were fit to and most of all, what helped us enjoy the game more.

There really is no right or wrong way for someone to enjoy THP. The only thing Jman instilled in us from the very beginning is that this event was going to be about the community. It was going to be inclusive of the people here, not exclusive to the people in the event.

Make them feel like they were part of the journey and the event. Make them feel like they were part of Team Redemption. And most importantly, make them feel like the equipment was for them too. Share with everybody the information, what we learned, what we were fit to and most of all, what helped us enjoy the game more.
I absolutely agree with this! I honestly felt like I was there following with the thread and watching how such a great group of people came together an experienced something that I can't even put into words. The only thing I can so is reference the live thread because of how awesome it was to be updated with each individual thing that happened! I loved that it was all posted on the forum! So fun to follow.

Bingo. On all counts.

Bingo. On all counts.

I'm new to THP as of last year (great 2nd year being selected for #TheKing Event). Was this not the case for the first two Grandaddy events?

Being new last year, I had no clue to follow along with the 2014 Grandaddy?

Edit: Got my THP years mixed up. Wow time flies when you on THP.

I'm new to THP as of this year (great 1st year being selected for #TheKing Event). Was this not the case for the first two Grandaddy events?

All that matters is that was the case this year. And the event is coming back next year! Mission accomplished!

I'm new to THP as of last year (great 2nd year being selected for #TheKing Event). Was this not the case for the first two Grandaddy events?

Being new last year, I had no clue to follow along with the 2014 Grandaddy?

Edit: Got my THP years mixed up. Wow time flies when you on THP.

Heck no, Hawk and Cookie were brilliant in their years. Truly and completely. Just as the event changes, so too does the captaincy.

This year we simply wanted to emphasize the forum even more, both for us and for the future of the event. On a personal level I wanted to show that the drama that can come with group chats was avoidable as well, and we truly succeeded in that in a large way.

Heck no, Hawk and Cookie were brilliant in their years. Truly and completely. Just as the event changes, so too does the captaincy.

This year we simply wanted to emphasize the forum even more, both for us and for the future of the event. On a personal level I wanted to show that the drama that can come with group chats was avoidable as well, and we truly succeeded in that in a large way.

Thanks for the candid answer. My reason for "pushing" Alez367 question has to do with reading that the #TheKing would not be brought back next year. It made me think, "Hopefully I and/or others didn't do anything for the event to be ended. I guess winning would have helped

Thanks for the candid answer. My reason for "pushing" Alez367 question has to do with reading that the #TheKing would not be brought back next year. It made me think, "Hopefully I and/or others didn't do anything for the event to be ended. I guess winning would have helped

THP continues to evolve and innovate. And it's always for the better. Events always become bigger and better. Just when you think it couldn't get any better it does. Look at the evolution of this event the past 3 years. Even after year one I thought, no way this could get any better. And sure as heck it has!

I think the reason the King is not returning, is that Chad realized he couldn't beat Harry no matter how good of team from THP he had.:D JK...,.,or am I :D

So he is trying to move on to Mikedean in #TheCup for success. But he'll find TeamMD is led by just as formidable captain!

Each Captain has had is own way to approach this event, and His team. There is no one way to do this.
It is dependant on the captain, and the team.

I think all 3 captains did a good job, and YES I think James' approach turned out to be a very good one.

Following along this year was truly something special. (I may be biased though...)

Back