The "Should I Play Today?" Round Ponder thread

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey y'all! I'm back after a golf holiday, and I've just wondered if anyone else wakes up in the morning with a case if the questionables of whether or not they should play, or if it's just the indecisive seventeen year old that I am

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

I pretty much always want to play.

But, if I've played a lot recently, the question is whether or not it's worth it for the amount of grief I'll get on the homefront.

Golf is a luxury get out as much as you can.

But, if I've played a lot recently, the question is whether or not it's worth it for the amount of grief I'll get on the homefront.

This...but I don't think he has to worry about that. The other question for me would be if I could afford it.

This... I play any chance I can as long as my wife wont kill me and there is money in the banks!

Pondering to play... On a golf forum... Hmmmm

i have this problem. wonder whether to go out and spend 5 hours on the course or stay home and spend it with my pregnant wife...then again i should play now since i probably won't be able to much when the kid's born.

If I don't have to go to work or some other commitment, then I am doing whatever I can to get on the course.

The answer is always yes... unless it's below freezing, then I'll think a min before going to play.

I like this thread. I will use it 4-5 times a week.

Dwyane Wade is amazing.

It is never a question of should I golf but more can I golf today. There are only so many golf days a year you have to go when you can.

Perfect thread for me today. I have to move Brittany's furniture in tomorrow, but she isn't planning starting till 11. I am thinking of trying to get out at 7 and play at least 9 holes.

I ponder this very thing a lot on my off days! As a matter of fact I pondered it last night even though I just got home from vacation.

I don't ponder too much. I play every thursday in a league, and maybe twice more during the month. When I was younger I'd grab the clubs any chance I could and head out to the course as a single and get paired up with others. It was all about hitting the ball and playing the course. That doesn't have as much of an appeal to me right now. Although I still love playing the game, the people I play with are an integral part of the golf experience - its now a combination of social and golfing.

I'm pondering whether to go to the range/practice area or play 9 after work today... :confused2:

I ended up getting up and heading to the course at the butt crack of dawn. The parking lot was practically empty so I figured I could squeeze in 18. I ended up playing through one 3some, and then had an open course. I played 18 in an hour and 50 minutes. I wasn't keeping score, and didn't putt out every hole, so it made for a fast round. I was really just wanting to get a feel for distance on my new irons. I hit Iron off every tee.

I ended up getting up and heading to the course at the butt crack of dawn. The parking lot was practically empty so I figured I could squeeze in 18. I ended up playing through one 3some, and then had an open course. I played 18 in an hour and 50 minutes. I wasn't keeping score, and didn't putt out every hole, so it made for a fast round. I was really just wanting to get a feel for distance on my new irons. I hit Iron off every tee.

Xhot bombs?

Xhot bombs?

SI Senor. I struggled with direction a bit today, I don't think i was in it Mentally, but I hit some mighty nice shots when I was focusing. I am looking forward to a real round on Sunday.

Dude, You're 17... what else are you going to do with your time? There is a kid at my course about your age who is there EVERYDAY, he putts for a while, chips/pitches for a while, and when the kid who works the pro-shop is done at around 6:15 they head out and play matches against each other and some of the other younger guys. My advice (from someone who missed out) GO PLAY~!

Dude, You're 17... what else are you going to do with your time? There is a kid at my course about your age who is there EVERYDAY, he putts for a while, chips/pitches for a while, and when the kid who works the pro-shop is done at around 6:15 they head out and play matches against each other and some of the other younger guys. My advice (from someone who missed out) GO PLAY~!

This I'd play every chance I got if I was your age!

SI Senor. I struggled with direction a bit today, I don't think i was in it Mentally, but I hit some mighty nice shots when I was focusing. I am looking forward to a real round on Sunday.

You played in an hr 50 how in the world can you be truly in it? I've struggled being in mentally lately as well.

The really ironic thing is that, I do when the funds allow, getting a job is tough, but I was going to go play until I ran a 102 degree fever that is just now breaking, I CONSIDERED going even with that(yeah I'm reckless haha) because I've played eighteen in a whole lot worse(I'll spare you all your lunches coming up) but it's 93 degrees so I backed off till Monday :)

Being retired, I can play every day if I choose to, however I stayed home today to rest. Being it's Friday, I would have NEVER done this in the past. It feels normal to play golf on Friday and really weird not to. I'm finally learning how to listen to my body. It was either do this or schedule joint surgery.

Hey y'all! I'm back after a golf holiday, and I've just wondered if anyone else wakes up in the morning with a case if the questionables of whether or not they should play, or if it's just the indecisive seventeen year old that I am

Never... If I can play I play... If it wasnt for the wife I would play almost every day...

I'm pondering whether or not I should play tomorrow.

Back