NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont need to schedule anything but all along these two idiots have had to schedule meetings to talk. Phones dont work apparently.

It's pretty apparent at this point that captain toolbag Fehr is flexing his "I will get what I want and you will cower Bettman" approach.

Some think it's genius. I think it's pathetic. The next time an NHL team tries to spew some "for the fans" garbage at me I may go on strike.

It's pretty apparent at this point that captain toolbag Fehr is flexing his "I will get what I want and you will cower Bettman" approach.

Some think it's genius. I think it's pathetic. The next time an NHL team tries to spew some "for the fans" garbage at me I may go on strike.

a6a3atat.jpg

Tap Tap Taparoo

Deadline is Friday. Nothing will happen before then except occasional phone conversations (which apparently have gone on daily anyway). No deal by then, no full season. I'd guess if no deal by xmas, no season at all. My guess is the union will try for all they can until Friday, then put it to a vote. They'll get their 'make whole' paid for by the league and have to give them most else (6 yr contracts instead of 5, but otherwise not much else). I be we're playing by the American election :) (ever the optimist here though...the glass is always full no matter how much of the space is liquid and how much air!) Go Leafs Go!!!

P.S. L
eafs get Luongo but Vancouver pays 3 million of his salary or half, whichever is less, for as long as he's with us. Don't think I like it (think the coach killed Reimer), but it'll happen.

I love the 5 year contract limit.
I love the 5% max variation year to year.
RFA for an extra year and one year shorter ELC is great.
Original team signings paying for retired players is brilliant.

..and I wish they were forced to modify all the insane contracts that exist based on the pending stipulations.

I heard the same thing. It looks like the owners are the only ones willing to make a formal proposal the PA needs to step up and work with them or make a proposal of there own.

Why make another one when your last one was turned down in 15 min?

Deadline is Friday. Nothing will happen before then except occasional phone conversations (which apparently have gone on daily anyway). No deal by then, no full season. I'd guess if no deal by xmas, no season at all. My guess is the union will try for all they can until Friday, then put it to a vote. They'll get their 'make whole' paid for by the league and have to give them most else (6 yr contracts instead of 5, but otherwise not much else). I be we're playing by the American election :) (ever the optimist here though...the glass is always full no matter how much of the space is liquid and how much air!) Go Leafs Go!!!

P.S. L
eafs get Luongo but Vancouver pays 3 million of his salary or half, whichever is less, for as long as he's with us. Don't think I like it (think the coach killed Reimer), but it'll happen.

I don't think it will happen myself. I just think the Canucks are asking too much. Not to mention, unless it changes in the new CBA, teams are not allowed to pay a proportion of salary when a player is traded to another team.

I was watching TSN tonight and they are showing KHL highlights and Backstrom is wearing number 99.

Why make another one when your last one was turned down in 15 min?

I don't think it will happen myself. I just think the Canucks are asking too much. Not to mention, unless it changes in the new CBA, teams are not allowed to pay a proportion of salary when a player is traded to another team.

This was a part of the owners' latest offer. Can trade salary on up to 2 players per year, up to a max of 3 million per player. Not sure if just salary or also the cap hit though, will have to investigate. Notably, it's Brian Burke who pushed for this.

I was watching TSN tonight and they are showing KHL highlights and Backstrom is wearing number 99.

Anton Volchenkov broke his ankle playing in the KHL within the last few days. If the season starts, he is suspended without pay until he is able to play again.

This was a part of the owners' latest offer. Can trade salary on up to 2 players per year, up to a max of 3 million per player. Not sure if just salary or also the cap hit though, will have to investigate. Notably, it's Brian Burke who pushed for this.

"Trading cash for players or agreeing to pay a portion of a player's remaining salary after trading him are forbidden in the new CBA in order to prevent wealthier teams from evading the restrictions of the cap" - Current CBA

How did Brian Burke push for this in the new CBA when Managers don't have a say in anything really. It comes down to the owners and players.

"Trading cash for players or agreeing to pay a portion of a player's remaining salary after trading him are forbidden in the new CBA in order to prevent wealthier teams from evading the restrictions of the cap" - Current CBA

How did Brian Burke push for this in the new CBA when Managers don't have a say in anything really. It comes down to the owners and players.

It's naive to think gms don't have any input with ownership. especially Burke who used to work for Bettman and is already being discussed as his replacement once he retires from being GM.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643572

"Finally, we propose that to facilitate more trades and create increased flexibility in managing Cap Room, Clubs be allowed to allocate portions of a contract's Cap charge (and related salary obligations) in the context of a Player Trade. This will facilitate additional Player movement and trades between teams as they manage their respective Caps and Payroll Range obligations."
-Burk
e has been pushing this for years.

It's naive to think gms don't have any input with ownership. especially Burke who used to work for Bettman and is already being discussed as his replacement once he retires from being GM.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643572

"Finally, we propose that to facilitate more trades and create increased flexibility in managing Cap Room, Clubs be allowed to allocate portions of a contract's Cap charge (and related salary obligations) in the context of a Player Trade. This will facilitate additional Player movement and trades between teams as they manage their respective Caps and Payroll Range obligations."
-Burk
e has been pushing this for years.

I didn't say they don't have any say, I just said that they don't really having a say, meaning they wont be the ones deciding on anything.

Still don't see Burke's name anywhere in that document, which is a proposal, and since nothing has been signed, still can't see the Bobby Lou trade happening with Vancouver's asking price. If they drop their asking price drastically, then sure it could happen, but with the past offers, not happening.

hahaha that's hilarious!! Those rules don't apply in the K apparently.

I didn't say they don't have any say, I just said that they don't really having a say, meaning they wont be the ones deciding on anything.

Still don't see Burke's name anywhere in that document, which is a proposal, and since nothing has been signed, still can't see the Bobby Lou trade happening with Vancouver's asking price. If they drop their asking price drastically, then sure it could happen, but with the past offers, not happening.

Asking price will come down (if it hasn't already) if/when training camp starts. They cannot allow him to suit up for the team again, so he either gets traded or sits at home and eventually gets traded. Vancouver has no choice, and GMs know that and will force him to take a mid-level player and a pick. I still hope he goes back to Florida and not to the Leafs.

Oh what a joke, I'd love to have some of the issues the other leagues have been dealing with lately, at least all of them put a product on the competitive field of play.

Oh what a joke, I'd love to have some of the issues the other leagues have been dealing with lately, at least all of them put a product on the competitive field of play.

Well said shanks.. The NHL is a clown show right now.

This thread should be closed until an actual season exists

Easy there wannabe mod!!!

Despite the lack of a season, the NHL is very much alive and full of shenanigans I get to poke fun at.

The players need to submit a proposal of there own. This crap about we gave them 3 options is not a proposal. I like how a lot of the Russians are saying they might stay for the full year. I hope they do. I also haven't heard anyone mention if the players will be able to play in the olympics in Russia.

I like these pics of Crosby and Kane

Crying-Baby-Natural-High-for-Some-Moms_zps2270990d.jpg
[/IMG]
Crying-Crosby_zpse1d1a3d1.png
[/IMG]

Well said shanks.. The NHL is a clown show right now.

Yeah I've talked to people who aren't really hockey fans and even they said it's a joke!

I'd say we should just change the title back to 2011-2012 since we're still in that season!!!

...or we just sit here and complain and talk about what could (but we all know, wont) happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back