What would you rather be able to do in golf.

What would you rather be able to do in golf.

• Hit driver over 300 yards

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hit over 50% GIR

Votes: 60 64.5%
  • Hit over 50% Fairways

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get up and down over 50%

Votes: 29 31.2%

• Total voters

impactswing

Banned
Reaction score
a. hit the driver over 300 yards
b. hit over 50% of GIR
c. hit over 50% of fairways
d. get up and down over 50%

I think A is what most would take, but if you hit 50%+ GIR, you're a pretty good golfer, lots of guys can bomb it over 300 and not score well.

Up and down over 50% for sure. PGA average is around this number I think so I would take that one for sure.

Absolutely B without a question.

B means you hit driver good enough to reach at over 50% of the greens, but most will take 300 yard bombs IMO

We'll see

Up and down, absolutely no question at all. Huge number of my shots are lost from my inability to do this.

I picked up and down , no more ping pong over the greens would make me such a happy man and drop my hdcp severely

B means you hit driver good enough to reach at over 50% of the greens, but most will take 300 yard bombs IMO

We'll see

I don't think so. You will see we have quite a few here who are intelligent when it comes to the game of golf.

B. I think up and down would be nice too, but I would rather always be putting for success

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Knowledgeable golfers so far, GIR is the way to score, unless you 3 putt all day, I guess I should have added putt like a demon as E. hehe

I would pick A. I am close to doing all of the other ones right now as it is (hit 56.6% GIR) last season. But dont hit it 300 yards.
But then again to the OP, I dont have "Lots of Cash" either. (Interesting Signature). :alien:

I picked B, but waffled between that and D. Someone else said it best, would rather be having the putter in my hands quicker on a hole.

I don't think so. You will see we have quite a few here who are intelligent when it comes to the game of golf.

GIR is clear fav now, playing with average joes, I guess my view is skewed.

When I hit a driver 50+ yards by people they are awed. When I hit greens all day they don't notice.

Average joe golfer notices 300 yard bombs.

But the way to score is GIR

I took A since I used to bomb it over 300 all day, now as a senior I miss it.

I got the rest.

LOL

I chose GIR.

I'm at a point where more distance wouldn't lower scores very much. I'd like to be in the fairway but if I'm on the green in regulation I don't care so much where the first shot was. Being able to get up and down more would certainly be a huge boost to my scores, but given the choice I would rather hit the green in the first place.

50% gir ftw!

We'll see
doubt it... this is a pretty knowledgeable group here

GIR is clear fav now, playing with average joes, I guess my view is skewed.

When I hit a driver 50+ yards by people they are awed. When I hit greens all day they don't notice.

Average joe golfer notices 300 yard bombs.

But the way to score is GIR

I took A since I used to bomb it over 300 all day, now as a senior I miss it.

I got the rest.

LOL

I don't mean to come off wrong, but I view A as people who want to impress while B is more about scoring. I'm sniffing 300 yds with my driver, but miss the greens a lot more than I'd like and my score reflects that. 50% GIR would help me way more than long drives.

GIR is what I took as well. Get that putter in hand as early as possible.

THP #theking #imwithchad

D no question. Because getting up & down can me from any yardage right? :)

I don't mean to come off wrong, but I view A as people who want to impress while B is more about scoring. I'm sniffing 300 yds with my driver, but miss the greens a lot more than I'd like and my score reflects that. 50% GIR would help me way more than long drives.

As a senior that now only rollouts pass 300 yds with a tailwind who used to fly it 300 yards for over 2 decades, I picked A. since I miss playing the tips.

I have the rest in my bag, but I miss 300+ yard drives all day.

But knowledgable crowd so far, GIR is the way to score, unless you can't putt.

D no question. Because getting up & down can me from any yardage right? :)

I know you got to be a lawyer bro, got to be one. haha

I would pick A. I am close to doing all of the other ones right now as it is (hit 56.6% GIR) last season. But dont hit it 300 yards.
But then again to the OP, I dont have "Lots of Cash" either. (Interesting Signature). :alien:

I'm with you on this one. I already hit half of my GIR, so if I could hit my driver that far I would likely be able to greatly increase the percentage of everything else.

See above. Im not trying to impress, but do the others already.

I don't quite bomb it 300 yards, but I put it out there a good ways. The second shot (or shot into the green) is where I lose the most strokes. I only find the green with my approach shots about 30% of the time. Would probably break 80 with regularity with closer to 50% GIR.

Back