What would you rather be able to do in golf.

• Hit driver over 300 yards

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hit over 50% GIR

Votes: 60 64.5%
  • Hit over 50% Fairways

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get up and down over 50%

Votes: 29 31.2%

• Total voters
But then again to the OP, I dont have "Lots of Cash" either. (Interesting Signature). :alien:

This made me laugh out loud.

On topic, give me the GIR's. That will give me the best opportunity to score well.

GIRs, because then it minimized the need to scramble/get up and down all of the time

50% is a bit low for me in any category except in putts made over 15'. If I could make 50% of my putts outside of 15' I'd be a happy man. I am very close in the other categories mentioned

50% is a bit low for me in any category except in putts made over 15'. If I could make 50% of my putts outside of 15' I'd be a happy man. I am very close in the other categories mentioned

When you realize the PGA 50/50 line is ONLY 8 feet, you're not asking for much bro.

haha

As a .7 HC you know if you were 300+ off every tee, how much would your GIR jump? You are how many clubs shorter into greens once you are 300+ off the tee.

Most are picking GIR since they are higher cappers, but 300+ off the tee, is the path to plus golfing, you can be plus without 300+, but you're close to that zip code (300+) if you are a plus golfer.

Up and down would be awesome. I already know I'll hit some gir's so this would be a great addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fairly long hitter and 50% of fairways hit would mean my game getting worse (albeit by not much). Looking at my stats, D would definitely make the biggest impact on my game as my scrambling is awful (which is probably down to my putting, so I would have chosen any putting option had there been one :lol: )

I would choose option e. Not sure what metric to use (50% from 10 to 15 feet) but I would want to be a better putter over any of the 4 choices.

I went with Up and Down. Biggest weakness in my game going into 2014.

I'm going with up and down. I had so many three putt bogeys in 2013 it's not funny. Now that's something I hope to change in 2014 after a lot of practice with purpose, but at this current point, I'd have to go with up and down.

I'm with the GIR group. To hit the greens in regulation numbers alot needs to be going right with your game.

Up and down, this is where I use the most strokes

Drive for show, putt for dough. You can only putt if you're on the green (except 441). I'll take giving myself birdie putts 50% of the time over being the long hitter any day.

I get up and down 50% at the moment usually, so GIR's.

Definitely hit over 50% of GIR. My putting is pretty good and with that average I could go very low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIR is clear fav now, playing with average joes, I guess my view is skewed.

When I hit a driver 50+ yards by people they are awed. When I hit greens all day they don't notice.

Average joe golfer notices 300 yard bombs.

But the way to score is GIR

I took A since I used to bomb it over 300 all day, now as a senior I miss it.

I got the rest.

LOL

I'm not really sure I understand this... Your original question was "What would you RATHER do in golf... I already hit more than 50% of my greens, hit over 50% of the fairways, and probably scramble around 50% or so...

I guess I'll change my selection to 300 yards if we're just tacking on to what we're already doing. I thought your original question is which I would rather be able to do as a priority.

D for me. Don't care for A, already close on B, already do C.

Have to be in the "b" crowd

GIRs all day long, no question for me.

I'm taking D, although B is equally nice! If I had to look at my game now, increasing my up and down percentage would save a lot of strokes!

B without a thought. GIR's leave me putting for Birdie.

GIR without a doubt! Always set up for a chance at birdie if you are on the green in regulation. None of the other choices guarantee that opportunity.

For me it is fairways. I can hit it 300. My fairway % is not good. Hitting more fairways would instantly raise my gir

Back