The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

:bananadance:
That's not a joke. Here I'll help you out. I know it's long but believe me it's packed with awesomeness and every detail from our experience there.

The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76928

Wow, that is a peculiar statement but that is your opinion and everyone is entitled to one. Respectfully maybe you could take a few seconds to read my comments in this thread posted above your post and it is not long. As I stated on this page, which by the way was posted before I read this opinion, very closely followed along in real time and no need to read it again.

This is nonsence, the help u are providing was closely followed by me and the one or two comments I posted in real time were over the top packed with thanks and high appreciation to all involved in making this happen. I feel this little back and forth is a good faith internet misunderstanding. So Philly all the best and many thanks for each and every post that u made during the awesome Grandaddy, it was great to follow along.

This is the post I have been dreading. Not for the content, but because this means this event is truly over. I know it was done when I got on that plane in San Diego, but somehow reading the recaps and writing my own has kept this event alive for me. This has and always will be special for a bunch of different reasons.

Now for my team:

Morgan - I start with you because I consider you as much a part of this team as anyone else. You didn't swing a club, get fit or any of the "golf" stuff, but having you there with us was pretty cool. It's always fun to see how genuinely happy you are watching all of us react to surprise after surprise that came up. I can tell this even means as much to you as it did to us & thank you for hanging out with us, updating the forum on our adventures and just being you. JB is truly lucky to have you walking through this crazy world together. Thank you for continuing to evolve THP with JB so regular guys like myself can have golf dreams come true

JB - I've had the pleasure of playing golf with you before, but I've never seen you this "loose" at an event & it was cool to see. You always have to be "on" at events to make sure they go off without a hitch & seeing you let the guard down, play some great golf and enjoy yourself looked like something you really needed. Thank you for even dreaming up an event like this, much less pulling it off with GG & Callaway. I'm always amazed at your uncanny ability to continue to take THP to heights unimaginable and pull it off. I for one deeply appreciate it because even if I never get to go to another event, you've given me lifelong friends that I cherish and would never have been possible without THP.

Misike - My man!! Going into events like this I always hope THP'er finds a way to let loose and enjoy themselves. You did that and then some. Jman knew what he was doing pairing us together. We played great together day one and were each others voice of reason on day two when we needed it. Watching you play the round of your life during the singles match was great and I go caught up a couple of times just watching you play. I would be proud and honored to be your partner at any event.

TLeishman34 - Big Country!! dude watching you just open up and embrace this event was awesome to see. You enjoyed this event to the fullest and seeing you smile at every turn truly made me happy. You've been dealt some bad cards lately, but that hasn't broken your spirit, nor have you let it negatively effect you. You are one hell of a person and your time will come. Good things happen to good people & you my friend are AWESOME people. If there is anything I can do for you professionally you let me know.

TxHacker - Taylor, dude you are a machine. I knew you were taking your weight loss to the next level, but seeing it in person is amazing. You never would have known this was the second time you were in this event. You we as surprised as anyone there and that says a lot given that you've experienced this event before. I'll never forget the look on your face when we realized it was Phil at ECPC. We were like two little school girls & its pretty funny thinking about it now. Keep up the workouts and hopefully we can golf more when you get back to Texas permanently. #TeamHighCrown

Cdpcook - Colin is just a big 'ol kid wrapped in a 6'3" body. Man you are living life right and have a great outlook on what's ahead of you. As a new THP member it was cool to see you embrace the event the way you did. You dove right into the deep end with the ZooCrew and were embraced like a vet. We didn't get to chat as much as I would have liked, but the times we did your enthusiasm was infectious. Now all you need is your wife in the same town as you and you are all set!

Rallo - From your entrance Thursday night at dinner I knew you would fit right in. To become a verb at your first THP event is awesome. Your review of the rain jackets we got had me cracking up and that's just a little bit of how funny and cool of a person you are. The fact that you are assisting with heart surgeries still baffles my mind, but somehow I get the feeling you have your stuff together when it's time to get down to business. You are another person that it was fun to see embrace this event and truly understand how special THP is. Keep doing you dude! #FYF #YouveBeenRalloed

Harvmp - Just for the record, your Long Island accent is still there. Your one liners and quick wit had me cracking up the whole time we were there. I wish I would have video'd you talking about your hometown and the prison. You golfed your ball pretty well from what I saw and read. You even took RHI on in singles and came away with a W & that is no small feat my friend. Like the rest of the guys you are as solid as they come and i'm proud to have shared this event with you. You get THP now and hopefully we can catch up at an event or gathering next year

Nebgolfer - Ryan you're my boy. I think back to how far you've come from the Adams event and its awesome to see you grow at these events socially. I know you are quiet by nature, but seeing you let the guard down a bit at this event was awesome. I could tell you were pressing/worried about your golf and I wish I would have had a chance to sit down and just talk to you. We have managed to have a great understanding with each other & I feel like we didn't catch up nearly enough. Let's change that at the next event!

DDEC - the "A-Player" of the group! Dean you sir are an awesome THP'er & don't give yourself nearly enough credit for how good of a golfer you are. I had a front row seat out at Mission Inn back in January & I was impressed. Seeing an event veteran like yourself be truly surprised and wow'd at every turn told me we were experiencing something unique. I'm glad I got to experience this with you and I need to learn from you regarding the morning selfie.

Philly V - Not taking away anything from any of the other guys, but you were the team member I was looking forward to meeting the most. I wanted to see first hand who this "PhillyV" guy is all about. You and I clicked instantly and it felt like old friends catching up. (THP events have a way of doing that).We had a few conversations about what we were experiencing and how lucky we were. At every turn and swag announcement it seemed like you and I would look at each other and think the same thing. You are an awesome person, father, husband and THPer that i'm lucky enough to call a friend now. Watching you get fit at ECPC was a highlight for me because I was just in awe on how effortlessly you were sending that golf ball out into the range. I can't wait to catch up again at and event and hopefully play a round together.

Jman - I intentionally kept you for last. It will get dusty as I type this so bare with me. From early on with my interactions on THP I enjoyed your reviews and how you conduct yourself on THP. You are the perfect captain for this event. You are someone I respect and look up to regarding how I should represent this great community on and off the forum. When #Cookie woke me up letting me know I was in the event, I was just as excited about being selected as I was that you were my captain. You dared to run things differently and were at the forefront for any issues/blowback you would get. I admire a person who has his convictions and willing to stand up for them. That right there told me what type of captain I had & made me want to do whatever I could to see your pillars become a success. It's no secret i'm an emotional person and wear my emotions on my sleeve. You appreciated that & put me in the best possible position to help this team during the competition. That hug and chat we had in the Hideaway locker room is one I will cherish. Like the rest of the team you sir are a class act and what THP is all about. My only regret is not winning that belt for you. I know the belt is the last thing you wanted out of this event, but if i'm being honest it's something that eats at me. I feel like I let you down. I don't say that for pity or any of that crap, I say it because I want you to know it's something that will eat at me for a while & drive me to be better at the same time. I'm a Jman fan & always will be. Thank you for captaining our team & setting the example on how we needed to conduct ourselves so this event lived on.

To all of my teammates, I consider you all family. I know others will read that and laugh or think it's cliché, but it's true. There aren't many people in this world that I will cut for or drop everything and go help out if needed. You all meet that criteria in my book. I hope that if you ever find yourself in need of anything you will not hesitate to call or contact me if there is anything I can do to help. THP is a special place and has brought me some great friends I otherwise never would have known existed. Thank you JB & GG for your vision to continually offer the best amateur golf experience & to #TeamRedemption it's not goodbye, it's see you at the next stop! Love you guys.

Love it Mike

The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

Mike does words good! But seriously, that's a great read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the post I have been dreading. Not for the content, but because this means this event is truly over. I know it was done when I got on that plane in San Diego, but somehow reading the recaps and writing my own has kept this event alive for me. This has and always will be special for a bunch of different reasons.

Now for my team:

Morgan - I start with you because I consider you as much a part of this team as anyone else. You didn't swing a club, get fit or any of the "golf" stuff, but having you there with us was pretty cool. It's always fun to see how genuinely happy you are watching all of us react to surprise after surprise that came up. I can tell this even means as much to you as it did to us & thank you for hanging out with us, updating the forum on our adventures and just being you. JB is truly lucky to have you walking through this crazy world together. Thank you for continuing to evolve THP with JB so regular guys like myself can have golf dreams come true

JB - I've had the pleasure of playing golf with you before, but I've never seen you this "loose" at an event & it was cool to see. You always have to be "on" at events to make sure they go off without a hitch & seeing you let the guard down, play some great golf and enjoy yourself looked like something you really needed. Thank you for even dreaming up an event like this, much less pulling it off with GG & Callaway. I'm always amazed at your uncanny ability to continue to take THP to heights unimaginable and pull it off. I for one deeply appreciate it because even if I never get to go to another event, you've given me lifelong friends that I cherish and would never have been possible without THP.

Misike - My man!! Going into events like this I always hope THP'er finds a way to let loose and enjoy themselves. You did that and then some. Jman knew what he was doing pairing us together. We played great together day one and were each others voice of reason on day two when we needed it. Watching you play the round of your life during the singles match was great and I go caught up a couple of times just watching you play. I would be proud and honored to be your partner at any event.

TLeishman34 - Big Country!! dude watching you just open up and embrace this event was awesome to see. You enjoyed this event to the fullest and seeing you smile at every turn truly made me happy. You've been dealt some bad cards lately, but that hasn't broken your spirit, nor have you let it negatively effect you. You are one hell of a person and your time will come. Good things happen to good people & you my friend are AWESOME people. If there is anything I can do for you professionally you let me know.

TxHacker - Taylor, dude you are a machine. I knew you were taking your weight loss to the next level, but seeing it in person is amazing. You never would have known this was the second time you were in this event. You we as surprised as anyone there and that says a lot given that you've experienced this event before. I'll never forget the look on your face when we realized it was Phil at ECPC. We were like two little school girls & its pretty funny thinking about it now. Keep up the workouts and hopefully we can golf more when you get back to Texas permanently. #TeamHighCrown

Cdpcook - Colin is just a big 'ol kid wrapped in a 6'3" body. Man you are living life right and have a great outlook on what's ahead of you. As a new THP member it was cool to see you embrace the event the way you did. You dove right into the deep end with the ZooCrew and were embraced like a vet. We didn't get to chat as much as I would have liked, but the times we did your enthusiasm was infectious. Now all you need is your wife in the same town as you and you are all set!

Rallo - From your entrance Thursday night at dinner I knew you would fit right in. To become a verb at your first THP event is awesome. Your review of the rain jackets we got had me cracking up and that's just a little bit of how funny and cool of a person you are. The fact that you are assisting with heart surgeries still baffles my mind, but somehow I get the feeling you have your stuff together when it's time to get down to business. You are another person that it was fun to see embrace this event and truly understand how special THP is. Keep doing you dude! #FYF #YouveBeenRalloed

Harvmp - Just for the record, your Long Island accent is still there. Your one liners and quick wit had me cracking up the whole time we were there. I wish I would have video'd you talking about your hometown and the prison. You golfed your ball pretty well from what I saw and read. You even took RHI on in singles and came away with a W & that is no small feat my friend. Like the rest of the guys you are as solid as they come and i'm proud to have shared this event with you. You get THP now and hopefully we can catch up at an event or gathering next year

Nebgolfer - Ryan you're my boy. I think back to how far you've come from the Adams event and its awesome to see you grow at these events socially. I know you are quiet by nature, but seeing you let the guard down a bit at this event was awesome. I could tell you were pressing/worried about your golf and I wish I would have had a chance to sit down and just talk to you. We have managed to have a great understanding with each other & I feel like we didn't catch up nearly enough. Let's change that at the next event!

DDEC - the "A-Player" of the group! Dean you sir are an awesome THP'er & don't give yourself nearly enough credit for how good of a golfer you are. I had a front row seat out at Mission Inn back in January & I was impressed. Seeing an event veteran like yourself be truly surprised and wow'd at every turn told me we were experiencing something unique. I'm glad I got to experience this with you and I need to learn from you regarding the morning selfie.

Philly V - Not taking away anything from any of the other guys, but you were the team member I was looking forward to meeting the most. I wanted to see first hand who this "PhillyV" guy is all about. You and I clicked instantly and it felt like old friends catching up. (THP events have a way of doing that).We had a few conversations about what we were experiencing and how lucky we were. At every turn and swag announcement it seemed like you and I would look at each other and think the same thing. You are an awesome person, father, husband and THPer that i'm lucky enough to call a friend now. Watching you get fit at ECPC was a highlight for me because I was just in awe on how effortlessly you were sending that golf ball out into the range. I can't wait to catch up again at and event and hopefully play a round together.

Jman - I intentionally kept you for last. It will get dusty as I type this so bare with me. From early on with my interactions on THP I enjoyed your reviews and how you conduct yourself on THP. You are the perfect captain for this event. You are someone I respect and look up to regarding how I should represent this great community on and off the forum. When #Cookie woke me up letting me know I was in the event, I was just as excited about being selected as I was that you were my captain. You dared to run things differently and were at the forefront for any issues/blowback you would get. I admire a person who has his convictions and willing to stand up for them. That right there told me what type of captain I had & made me want to do whatever I could to see your pillars become a success. It's no secret i'm an emotional person and wear my emotions on my sleeve. You appreciated that & put me in the best possible position to help this team during the competition. That hug and chat we had in the Hideaway locker room is one I will cherish. Like the rest of the team you sir are a class act and what THP is all about. My only regret is not winning that belt for you. I know the belt is the last thing you wanted out of this event, but if i'm being honest it's something that eats at me. I feel like I let you down. I don't say that for pity or any of that crap, I say it because I want you to know it's something that will eat at me for a while & drive me to be better at the same time. I'm a Jman fan & always will be. Thank you for captaining our team & setting the example on how we needed to conduct ourselves so this event lived on.

To all of my teammates, I consider you all family. I know others will read that and laugh or think it's cliché, but it's true. There aren't many people in this world that I will cut for or drop everything and go help out if needed. You all meet that criteria in my book. I hope that if you ever find yourself in need of anything you will not hesitate to call or contact me if there is anything I can do to help. THP is a special place and has brought me some great friends I otherwise never would have known existed. Thank you JB & GG for your vision to continually offer the best amateur golf experience & to #TeamRedemption it's not goodbye, it's see you at the next stop! Love you guys.
Love ya dude. Truth. Those words mean more to me than anyone will ever really understand. I had a bigger picture in mind for this grandest of THP events, and imo, we nailed it. IT LIVES ON!!!

Now, I need to dust this house or something.

MikeG - So glad to have had the chance to meet you. You really are one of the good guys out there and I don't doubt for one second if I ever asked you for anything you'd come through. Hope you know I'd do the same for you buddy. Great last post.

Wow...what a great thread !
JB...fantastic job on the video.
I just want to thank all the Grandaddy participants and coverage people for taking us along on this incredible adventure.
You all did a fantastic job of covering the event and I can't wait for Grandaddy 2016 !!

A quick 18 after work. First time swinging since California. All alone and missing my crew!

2235851875b820bdb8d3d3fe5030447b.jpg

8b6e437380843cfcc103ecce04aa6eb6.jpg

Headcovers look so sharp.....can't believe someone gets a chance at the #Grandaddy cover in an upcoming giveaway!

Merry Christmas to my Grandaddy brothers. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

Merry Christmas to my Grandaddy brothers. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

+1 on this ^^^^

Christmas came early for us 12. I still smile and get all giddy like a little kid when I see my golf bag. Miss you guys!

Merry Christmas guys! As Mike said, Christmas definitely came early this year. My wife reminded me today how spoiled I have been by this whole experience. Enjoy the day with your families!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My wife surprised me with this today. Awesome!
It all seems like just yesterday.
0951528866dbd235fae12615f30a7c10.jpg

Very cool.

Memories to be cherished forever right there.

That's awesome man! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to each and every one of you guys, spent about 2 hours telling people all about this today. #TheGrandaddy is the gift that keeps on giving!!

Awesome Misike. Now you always have a visual of your fantastic experience.

That looks amazing. She did a great job with that

This ones for you guys
754b070d92e924300664d252c8102e66.jpg

Cheers to you Phil and team.

Got to see Misike today during our sim session and seeing a couple grandaddy bags with all the sweet gear then noticing we were both wearing the black 1/4 zip and black jacket.... Just a rush of memories and I was smiling the entire time. This event has left a serious impression on me that will always be there

I miss you all. So so so so so much.

I apologize on my recap lagging, its been full time Lotte time for me all day during the break from work/school, but its all coming.

So so so many stories that bring smiles to my face when I need it during the days.

Also working on a MASSIVE shadow box to go with my unreal signed pin flag.

Love all you knuckleheads, on both sides!

Headcovers look so sharp.....can't believe someone gets a chance at the #Grandaddy cover in an upcoming giveaway!
Might just be me, but I couldn't game or show it off if I didn't get it at #TheGrandaddy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Might just be me, but I couldn't game or show it off if I didn't get it at #TheGrandaddy.

Understandable. Perhaps it would feel okay for me since I was so extremely fortunate enough to have the opportunity to experience the goodness.....albeit a year prior.

Understandable. Perhaps it would feel okay for me since I was so extremely fortunate enough to have the opportunity to experience the goodness.....albeit a year prior.
That would be acceptable. It's like I can't wear a shirt or have swag from a course I haven't played. Just one of my idiosyncrasies.

I could even if I wasn't physically in California for it. The community is a large part of what #TheGrandaddy is and it is like no other because of it! But I do hope whoever lands that headcover games it, rocks it, shows that s*** off, because it represents Amateur golf at its 'Apex'! No higher place in my mind

Back