Trump National Philadelphia
Woodcrest

Oregon:
Crosswater

Washington:
Prospector at Suncadia

British Columbia:
Sandpiper

The Hideaway (only played a couple of shots, but was there for Grandaddy)
Aviara
Caledonia
True Blue
PGA National
Hammock Beach Ocean

I could list hundreds such as Bandon, Doral, Sawgrass, Pebble, Bethpage Black, the list is really endless. In the end, my favorite courses are the ones I get to enjoy with THPers at a THP event. Looking forward to all 14 this year from the Ocean City event to the Grandaddy and everything in between.

The Hideaway (only played a couple of shots, but was there for Grandaddy)
Aviara
Caledonia
True Blue
PGA National
Hammock Beach Ocean

I could list hundreds such as Bandon, Doral, Sawgrass, Pebble, Bethpage Black, the list is really endless. In the end, my favorite courses are the ones I get to enjoy with THPers at a THP event. Looking forward to all 14 this year from the Ocean City event to the Grandaddy and everything in between.

I REALLY want to play Hammock!

There's a few that stick out in my head of ones I've played:

Chambers Bay Golf Course - University Place, WA
chambers_0.jpg

Sand Hollow Resort, Championship Course - Hurricane, UT
ff7c90aeffaf3c890602c9863185014b.jpg

Thanksgiving Point Golf Club - Lehi, UT
slidesix.jpg

Scotland Run Golf Club - Williamstown, NJ
2932.jpg

Valley View Golf Course - Layton, UT
ValleyView6th.jpg

And where I haven't played, I'd kill to play Pine Valley, Royal Portrush, Royal County Down, Augusta, all the Bandon courses...the list goes on.

Clive at The Hideaway (though beautiful, the Dye course is not my style at all)
The Palmer at PGA National
Champion at PGA National
Metamora Fields in Metamora, IL
Tournament Club of Iowa Palmer Course

awesome pics SBG!

I've always heard rave reviews about Dallas National. Had a friend from college who worked at Colonial and played there quite a few times. Hope to get to Texas at some point to play some of those tracks.

It is a great Fazio design - truly incredible elevation changes, up to 180 feet - that is rare for this part of the world

Torrey Pines and TPC Louisiana top two.

Pinehills Jones Course is my favorite up here in Mass.

The Dye course at Barefoot Landing Myrtle Beach
Hunters Oak in Queenstown Maryland I think it's pintail point now
Stonehouse near Williamsburg
Royal New Kent
Osprey Point Boca Raton

The Dye course at Barefoot Landing Myrtle Beach
Hunters Oak in Queenstown Maryland I think it's pintail point now
Stonehouse near Williamsburg
Royal New Kent
Osprey Point Boca Raton

I was a member of Hunters Oak for a number of years until it closed. It has reopened as a public venue by the new owners. Unfortunately, it was allowed to go unattended for over a year. It currently is in horrible shape, such that it will take a while to bring back, assuming the new owners are willing to spend the money. Pintail Point is the sporting clay range that is related through ownership. I remember a member/guest when sporting clays were set up at the turn. Each player got two shots, each clay hit was a stroke of the score.

In a word, what has happened to this course is a crime.

Been fortunate enough to play some amazing courses in the US. Some of the biggest names aren't ones I'd call my favorites. Here is my list and why the course is on it. No particular order.

1. Wilbrook Plantation, Litchfield Beach, SC. - Not one of the "big" name courses in the Myrtle Beach area, but one that I really enjoyed playing. Great layout and just a fun course.

2. Dancing Rabbit - Azalea. Pearl River, MS. A Fazio gem that reminds me of Augusta National. Strategic tough course.

3. East Lake Golf Club, Atlanta GA. - Fortunate enough to play here once, attended Tour Championship multiple times. The history. Walking in Bobby Jones footsteps. Treated like royalty by the club staff. Maybe my best day on a course anywhere.

4. Wolf Creek Golf Club, Mesquite, NV. - As you walk up to each tee box all you can say is "wow". Amazing vistas.

5. Kapalua Plantation, Maui. Amazing views. Longest drive of my life on 18th, aided by huge slope and 25 mph tail wind. Great restaurant in the clubhouse in the evenings, The Plantation House. Fantastic food.

6. The Challenge at Manele, Lanai - I think the views here are even better than Kapalua Plantation. Playing along 200ft cliffs and looking back at Maui and seeing the giant Haleakala at 10,000 ft. Beautiful.

7. The Ocean Course, Kiawah Island, SC. The toughest course I've ever played. Played with my boss at the time, on a cold weekday in January of 2008. Just me, my boss and the caddy on the course. The three of us had a great day.

8. Bay Hill, Orlando, FL. - Arnie's place through and through. Laid back staff. The three finishing holes are a lot of fun.

My favorites with only the top two in order are

Old Works in MT
Sand Hollow in UT
Paa Ko Ridge in NM
Circling Raven in ID
Grand Bear in MS
Links at Spanish Bay in CA
Wente Vineyards in CA
Tobacco Ridge in NC

Dang, totally forgot about TPC Vegas....talk about amazing layout and views

Funny story, just found out that one of my friends that I lived with in college is now the Head Pro at TPC Las Vegas so I'm due to get out there and play that one.

I don't have any spectacular courses like some here but mine are:

1) Hawktree Golf Course (Bismarck, ND)
4157742098_536a4d5fec_b.jpg

2) The Classic at Madden's (Brainerd, MN)

9375538.jpg

3) Strawberry Farms (Irvine, CA)

strawberry-farms-1-MAIN.jpg

I have gotten the opportunity to play some really great course, but the two that stick out the most for me are:

1. Royal Kunia Country Club - Not the toughest course, but it over looks Pearl Harbor on Oahu and the views are just gorgeous. It was also on that course where I really found out that I liked this game... a lot.

2. Old Chatham Golf Club - Have no idea how my buddy got us on that course, but it was incredible.

I have been fortunate to play golf in several countries so here goes my top 5:

1. Kingsbarns http://www.kingsbarns.com/ an absolutly beautiful course but a killer when the wind blows.
2. St. Andrews Jubilee Course http://www.standrews.org.uk/Play/Courses/Jubilee-Course I have played the Old & New but love the Jubilee's layout on the Sea.
3. Wente Vineyards https://wentevineyards.com/index.php?p=course/ The tee shot over the Vineyard is awsome!!
4. The Stadium Course @ PGA West http://www.pgawest.com/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?NS=PG&APP=80&DN=STADIUM 4th hardest in the USA.
5. The Palmer Course at Bay Creek http://www.baycreekresort.com/resort/golf/arnold-palmer-course/

I have gotten the opportunity to play some really great course, but the two that stick out the most for me are:

2. Old Chatham Golf Club - Have no idea how my buddy got us on that course, but it was incredible.

Old Chatham in Cary, NC? If so, great course, have enjoyed many peaceful rounds out there.

Favorite Golf Course/s

Old Chatham in Cary, NC? If so, great course, have enjoyed many peaceful rounds out there.

Is it Cary or Durham? But yes, in NC and peaceful is a great word to describe the course.

TPC Stadium Course & Torrey Pines (North) are two courses I enjoyed playing the most, with Belterra GC (Florence, IN) close behind.

I haven't done enough traveling to different courses so the best course I've even played is the upper course at Peek n Peak in Findley Lake, NY. They use to have a Nationwide Tour event there every year but lost that due to poor former management.

Is it Cary or Durham? But yes, in NC and peaceful is a great word to describe the course.

It actually sits right on the Wake County/Durham County line - Cary has been trying to annex that area for sometime.

Glad you could play it, one of the things I miss about my old home state.

Back