Cure Putters Review Thread

I'll be taking the Cure soon. Ordered an RX3f yesterday and hope to have it in time for the Labor Day weekend. Hopefully this will be the cure for what ails me - poor putting. I've pretty much tried everything else, so I have nothing to lose.
After playing a few times with the Cure, I learned some valuable tips -
1) Your ball absolutely stays on the line you choose - I am a lousy putt reader.
2) If you have a bad stroke, this putter will expose that flaw. But, this putter also is great for figuring out a good stroke.
3) If you tend to hit the ball toward the heel or toe, you notice that very quickly with the cure - the ball seems to tell you right off the putter face.

Good luck and enjoy the putter - I certainly am!!

3) If you tend to hit the ball toward the heel or toe, you notice that very quickly with the cure - the ball seems to tell you right off the putter face.

This is true. I can definitely tell when I hit heel or toe side. However, my speed doesn't suffer. Gotta love the extremely high MOI. My off center hits go virtually the same exact distance as my dead center hits.

Received mine today. Hope to have round info over the weekend.

After a bit of confusion because FedEx delivered the package to the wrong house, I had a chance to take the RX3f out for a quick test drive tonight. I didn't have time to play a round, but did have about an hour or so to put on my course's 3rd and 18th hole. I will get some better feedback after I play a round with it tomorrow, but my initial impression is very, very positive.

My handicap is generally a function of good play from tee-to-green. I usually hit 10/14 fairways and 14-15 gir. However, once I get on the green, well, that's another story. This morning's round was typical. I hit 15 greens and had four birdies. Generally that should result in a very good round - and I suppose the 71 was good - but it also included a couple of 3-putts as well as several missed birdie putts from inside 10 feet. On the last hole I hit a tremendous approach shot with my PW - the ball actually lipped out of the hole - but then pretty much wasted it when I missed the short birdie putt. This type of round is all too typical. If my putting could even come close to my ball-striking, I know I could post better scores.

I have literally tried dozens of putters, attempted different styles and grips, and have taken lessons - including one from Charley Hoffman's coach at Rio Secco. Though I have the occasional good round with the flatstick, fact is I pretty much suck and have ZERO confidence in the 3-10 ft. range.

One of the guys in our league has been gaming a CURE for over a year, but the looks of thing just never made it seemed like a good option. After another great round of ball-striking and balky putting on Monday, I did some serious online research, which led me to the CURE. I read the thread here with great interest, as well as other online reviews. After another sucky day on the greens Tuesday morning, I came home and pulled the trigger on the FX3f.

After rolling the ball for an hour I can say this MOI thing is no joke. This is by far the most stable putter I've ever used, including a brief stint with one of the MOI forerunner monsters, the Ping Doc 17. But in addition to is the stability is a surprisingly good feel. The ball comes off the putter creamy smooth and with an incredibly good roll. The first thing I did was drop six balls about every ten feet away from the hole. At least in its maiden voyage, I had no trouble at all with distance control. Then I moved up to my yip zone, which is the 4-8 foot range. Either I picked up a smoother stroke on the way to the course this evening, or this putter simply brought it in me. I'm pretty sure it's the latter. The putts goes exactly where aimed, and come off the putter with a very nice response into the hands. IF the only putts I miss are because I misread the putt - which I WILL do - then I still think I can expect to make 1-3 more a round.

We'll see, but I can say I am very excited for tomorrow's round. I couldn't tell you the last time I stood over a putt - any putt - with confidence. Maybe high school, which would have been over three decades ago, and maybe not even then. But. But. But. Maybe. Just maybe, this putter may be the one I've been looking for for a long time.

I'll let you know if that's the case.

I saw iceyshanks roll his cure putters incredibly well all weekend. the flange model is heads and shoulders above the non-flange in terms of look and sound for me. I tried his today and can't argue with the stability it offers. I do love all the adjustability of these putters too. I'm curious for sure, might have to see if I could borrow one of Kyle's for our next round together.

I saw iceyshanks roll his cure putters incredibly well all weekend. the flange model is heads and shoulders above the non-flange in terms of look and sound for me. I tried his today and can't argue with the stability it offers. I do love all the adjustability of these putters too. I'm curious for sure, might have to see if I could borrow one of Kyle's for our next round together.
Anytime brother!

The past couple of rounds were the best putting rounds I have had in my life.
Yesterday's round had 3 par putt saves over 15 feet.
Today's round saw 5 putts go in over 10 feet and 2 over 25 feet.

Not sure what got into me, other than true rolling greens that were a great speed and the Cure hitting the line for me.

Played my second complete round w the Cure Rx2 yesterday. Only the second time I got around my club without a three putt, 30 total putts. Dropped a couple of 20+ footers, 12 putts on the back 9.
This putter puts the ball on a rope - the ball rolls so well and stays on line so well, it is unbelievable. I will play this a few more rounds, hope I have the same results in the future!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping to give a report after playing 3 rounds with the FX3f, but given this morning's storms in KC, two will have to suffice.

I wish I could say I was dropping putt after putt for the first two times I used it, but that wouldn't be true. In fairness to the CURE, most of the problem wasn't it's fault. For whatever reason, my irons decided to take the weekend off, which pretty much meant most of the birdie attempts were looooong birdie attempts. I was still hitting greens, but instead of 10-15 foot birdie rolls, it was more like 30-40 footers, which is too big of ask for any putter.

Even without the stats to show for it, I can say that I am still very encouraged by what I saw. Very encouraged! The CURE will send the ball wherever you aim it, there is no wiggle at all in either the stroke or upon making contact with the ball. Their attention to MOI is no joke. For whatever reason I was leaving a lot of putts that were right on line about a foot short. Next time out I think I'll add a little more weight to see if that helps.

But...

Here's what I can say. This putter - without a doubt - puts the absolute best roll on the ball of any I've ever used...and I've used a lot. For it's bulky appearance, the contact with the ball is surprisingly soft and the overall feel is very smooth. The head is heavy, but not overly so. I'm going to the RX3f a good chance to prove itself, so it will be in the bag for at least rest of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be my long-range gamer.

I have been using RX3 for a total of 3 days. I seem to have lost the headcover. The magnets did not hold very well so I guess it fell off some where on the course. Hopefully someone will find it. Any recommendations on another cover I can use. None of my other ones fit especially since I have the weight maxed out. I did not see any for sale on the cure website or on Ebay

I have been using RX3 for a total of 3 days. I seem to have lost the headcover. The magnets did not hold very well so I guess it fell off some where on the course. Hopefully someone will find it. Any recommendations on another cover I can use. None of my other ones fit especially since I have the weight maxed out. I did not see any for sale on the cure website or on Ebay

Send a PM to Cure Putters. I am sure they will help you out.

Ya that's interesting because the magnets on my headcover for my RXi is the strongest magnet I've ever seen lol

I have an extra one. If you pm me your address. I will send it to you.

Ya that's interesting because the magnets on my headcover for my RXi is the strongest magnet I've ever seen lol

Mine too. I have an extra. If the poster is headed to a THP Event, I can absolutely give it to him.

On the RX3 when it's maxed out it really doesn't like sitting in the stock headcover too well. The magnets barely begin to overlap....I had mine slip off numerous times before I went the custom route.

On another note if it helps the poster asking: The Nike Method Drone cover fits the maxed out RX3 VERY VERY well.

Thank you for the replies, unfortunately I will not be at any upcoming THP events. I will see if I can find a Nike drone cover on Ebay. I may also look at a knit wood cover as well.

The RX3f has been money the last two rounds, when the RXi comes into the bag next week it'll be a great head to head comparison for results!

I am sitting her watching the Yankee game and Michael Kay and Paul O'Neill are calling the game. They are doing a little small talk and they start talking about golf. They cut to a video of Paul O'Neill putting and he is using a Cure Putter and he even says "here I am trying out a new cure putter" and he drains about a 20 footer. Pretty cool to see and hear.

Was watching the Yankees game tonight. Paul O'Neil was talking about the charity tournament that Mariano Rivera hosted yesterday. They showed a clip of O'Neil draining a 30 foot putt. What was he using? You guessed it, a cure putter. He even said that he has been cured by cure. Thought it was pretty funny.
Saw that when they showed it back in July. Cure responded with some info on it...
That's Awesome! Would have loved to have seen that. Jeff fit Paul O'Neill with a putter at Trump International in West Palm Beach in the early spring. Glad to hear it's still in the bag and he's sinking 30 footers!
He's been Cured by Cure! Love it

Saw that when they showed it back in July. Cure responded with some info on it...
That's pretty cool. Guess they must have been bored and went to some stock footage again. Haha

That's pretty cool. Guess they must have been bored and went to some stock footage again. Haha
Only so many O'Niell golf highlights haha

Is pretty cool that's what he was using in that footage though.

Only so many O'Niell golf highlights haha

Is pretty cool that's what he was using in that footage though.
Yeah he even said, "that's me using my new cure putter" so he must be a fan.

Pretty cool by far! I had to say I was the only one rolling a Cure on the practice greens today at Firestone. Dropped some pretty long putts on well manicured and fast greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an RXi on the way! Only tried these once but did like the way it rolled, excited to game it for a while and see what it can do!

Back