Callaway FT9 Range Pictures

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So today we were able to get it out to the range and here are some pictures.

Side by Side with Evolver
477929169_384E7-L-1.jpg

477928257_BJD5v-L-1.jpg

477927749_wHEzA-L-1.jpg

477929271_M3sAS-L-1.jpg

477928849_Siy6W-L-1.jpg

477928108_Jz52F-L-1.jpg

477928974_8FSr3-L.jpg

JB, would it be possible to move the watermarks? As they are right now they cover up various portions of the club & shaft. or possibly make the water mark translucent?

• Admin
Dyna,
We never really thought we would need to, and then our pictures starting showing up on various other sites and blogs. So we are experimenting with all kinds of them. I will try and make them a little less intrusive for the next ones.

Dyna,
We never really thought we would need to, and then our pictures starting showing up on various other sites and blogs. So we are experimenting with all kinds of them. I will try and make them a little less intrusive for the next ones.

And the sad thing is that if you put the watermark somewhere that does not obscure the subject matter, people will crop it out and claim it as their own. Pathetic.

Even sadder is that there are some sites out there that are so paranoid about losing their members, that they won't allow links or references (including watermarked images) to other sites. Honest-to-goodness, it has always reminded me of border/emigration restrictions in communist countries.

Even sadder is that there are some sites out there that are so paranoid about losing their members, that they won't allow links or references (including watermarked images) to other sites.

There is? Really? hehehe

(I might have been banned off a couple of those!)

especially on the shaft pics. not only annoying, the pic is almost useless.

• Admin
Mike,
We left the 2nd shaft pic with NO watermark for that very reason. That way you can see exactly what the shaft is.

Nice looking club.

JB I'm not sure if this is true but I read there are at least 6 (I think) different materials in the head alone?

AJ,
I think many of the driver heads that are composite have very similar characteristics. The hyperboilc face that Callaway is using this year has really stepped up their game. We still would not say we thought it was the hottest face out there though.

I'd take it as a compliment if my pics showed up at other places.

It is great that others like our pictures, but we work hard to take the pictures and establish a relationship with the companies and we don't appricate when other people try to take that from us.

LB,
At first we did, but with nothing ever mentioned about where the pics came from it made us feel as though our hard work to get the gear first or close to first was wasted. So we have to watermark. We are working with different watermarks and will try to find one that makes everybody happy soon enough.

We did not watermark our PGA Show coverage and we believe that we had the most complete coverage anywhere of the entire show. Yet our pictures were showing up everywhere as bloggers and sites used them as their "own coverage". We spent hours each day and thousands of dollars to make those pictures possible, so at that point we really needed to watermark everything.

I found it odd that they had Phil M. in the commercial for this one, yet he has been playing the Diablo and not the FT-9.

After playing the FT-3, I hate the shape of the face of these drivers. The FT-9 is not as circular as the FT-5 and 3, but still noticeable.

The FT9 is in my opinion the best looking Callaway driver to hit the market. I am really anxious for Demo Days to come around so I can get a chance to take a few cracks with this thing. I haven't feel victim of the newest flavor out there yet, but I think if the FT9 hits as well as it looks I just may have to seriously consider a switch from the HiBore XLS.

The review on this one will be out tomorrow. P4B, I actually preferred the looks of the Diablo and so did most of the testers. However Dan that wrote this review loved this driver.

My swing coach had one today and let me try it and it felt absolutley filthy. His was the tour version and had the Fubuki shaft, what shafts did your drivers come with?

My swing coach had one today and let me try it and it felt absolutley filthy. His was the tour version and had the Fubuki shaft, what shafts did your drivers come with?

Filthy as in good, or filthy as in bad?

Our FT-IQ had the Fubuki when we reviewed it. We loved that shaft. This one had a Fujikura Z-Com 60. Your coach must have put in the Fubuki because the tour model normally comes standard with Fujikura Z-Com Pro 65

The FT9 is in my opinion the best looking Callaway driver to hit the market. I am really anxious for Demo Days to come around so I can get a chance to take a few cracks with this thing. I haven't feel victim of the newest flavor out there yet, but I think if the FT9 hits as well as it looks I just may have to seriously consider a switch from the HiBore XLS.

P4B, the FT-9 is a great driver but if you struggle with the big stick off the tee it's not quite as forgiving as the XLS. If your looking for more control/workabillity though you will love it.

P4B, the FT-9 is a great driver but if you struggle with the big stick off the tee it's not quite as forgiving as the XLS. If your looking for more control/workabillity though you will love it.

Thanks! While I'd like to think I'm shooting for a more workable driver I'm afraid that right now forgiveness is still an issue. I seem to be getting closer with the control issues with the driver though so perhaps by season's end I can start thinking about something else.

I am looking forward to the review of the FT9 though!!

Back