The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out that I've been granted tenure by my university! Woohoo! The application process was a bear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well an unexpected early release from the hospital today.

The Dr. said the insurance company says my PT progress reports show I'm doing to well to continue as inpatient.

I guess I feel ok about it. I was really hoping to use the daily PT this week to get to another level.

But now there will be a lag of 3-4 days before I can so PT. The insurance company now has to approve the out patient PT.

Don't you think that wools have been done as part of canceling the inpatient. But I guess it's two different animals.

Oh well I have things I can do at home exercise wise and will just get a lot of walking in to help rebuild the endurance.

Found an electrical contractor to take the job of rewiring my house without ripping all my walks apart!

Work will start tomorrow morning, and take roughly 3 weeks.
I can't wait to have electricity 24/7 again!

I don't mean to give myself bad mojo by giving it away before it actually happens, but I have an interview with the Oakley store on Saturday and i'm super excited about it! really want to work there, everybody in there is awesome. fingers crossed, really want this job.

I don't mean to give myself bad mojo by giving it away before it actually happens, but I have an interview with the Oakley store on Saturday and i'm super excited about it! really want to work there, everybody in there is awesome. fingers crossed, really want this job.

Good luck OJ, try to decide what they would expect you to wear them show up two notches nicer than that.

Good luck OJ, try to decide what they would expect you to wear them show up two notches nicer than that.

I was thinking about my suit but it's so informal of a store, everybody in there wears whatever they want, so i'm not sure if there's actually going to far.. y'know?

I was thinking about my suit but it's so informal of a store, everybody in there wears whatever they want, so i'm not sure if there's actually going to far.. y'know?

If your suit fits you well, do it. If it doesn't wear your best looking business looking get up.

If your suit fits you well, do it. If it doesn't wear your best looking business looking get up.

you don't think that's too much?

You don't need a suit for a retail interview.

Wear a button up and a pair of slacks. Get a haircut and be shaved.

Booked travel home for thanksgiving for 20k miles RT. Not bad for a $500 flight! I was really worried we wouldn't be able to afford to fly, and driving isn't a good option anymore. Not missing Thanksgiving with my parents will keep my wife in their good graces after the move we made.

Gave a buddy $20 last week as he was going to Vegas to celebrate his 20th anniversary. Told him to bet $5 on 7 and $5 on 11 with a spin on the roulette table and then the same bet for a second spin. Well, the 2nd spin yielded the number 7! :D He just delivered the $175 payout. Woot! :D

p.s. Those were my 1st 2 daughters birthday numbers.

When I don't go for a couple weeks (for whatever reason), I forget how good it feels to just go out and hit some golf balls at the range, even off of mats.

My buddy just got a job at TPC Sawgrass. Guess I will have to go out and see him now

My buddy just got a job at TPC Sawgrass. Guess I will have to go out and see him now

and add a guy from NY as your +1. Sawgrass and baseball talk

You don't need a suit for a retail interview.

Wear a button up and a pair of slacks. Get a haircut and be shaved.

since i'm interviewing with Oakley, should I wear my white Oakley belt? might be a bit flashy for an interview but it's their product and I figure they might like that.

Good conversation piece I suppose.

Good conversation piece I suppose.

I can't tell if it's a good or bad idea though. I really want the job and I don't want them getting a bad impression of me, if that's what it might be.

Electrical work started today!!

This guy thinks 3-4 weeks instead of 4-5 weeks!

Had the best HHJJ as I was putting my daughter to sleep. We were laying there and she said to me, "Daddy when do we get to go to another golf tournament by the beach again? You had so many friends there and I got to watch all of you play golf. That was really fun." Made me smile and remember this past Morgan Cup.

Ok, now we have to organize another one. You know, so Matt's daughter is happy.

Though seriously, every time I think about that weekend is a HHJJ.

since i'm interviewing with Oakley, should I wear my white Oakley belt? might be a bit flashy for an interview but it's their product and I figure they might like that.

I am gonna go the opposite as the other opinions. I say wear the Oakley belt.

Shows you purchase their product. Shows you (I assume) like their product. Dress up, but have a bit of personality.

Unless you are wearing white shoes, I would leave the white belt at home. They arent going to pick you because of your fashion choices, they will pick you because you can do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back