The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations on one?

I got the Mohu Leaf when i cut the cable, i swear it's a better picture than DirectTV.

And yea, the issue is with our local NBC affiliate, which is ridiculous considering it's free OTA. What are they possibly negotiating?

I got violently ill after eating an extremely expensive steak dinner last night. It was a reputable place with a great reputation in the area. They comped my dinner. Apparently in the quest to perfectly age a steak, you have to walk a very thin line.

Feeling better today.

WHich place?

I got violently ill after eating an extremely expensive steak dinner last night. It was a reputable place with a great reputation in the area. They comped my dinner. Apparently in the quest to perfectly age a steak, you have to walk a very thin line.

Feeling better today.

That is awful. Sorry dude.

Any recommendations on one?
This is the one I have, super crisp picture. One thing you have to check is your distance to the TV station antennas. I can find the site if you don't know where to look.

Feeling better today.

You got sick while still there? Or you called back and they credited it.

Either way sorry to hear that.

Charley's

Solid place. Still has Morgan's favorite dish she has ever had. We actually ate there with MikeDean and Mrs441 earlier this year. So sorry you got ill. That is a terrible feeling.

You got sick while still there? Or you called back and they credited it.

Either way sorry to hear that.
No I noticed that the steak was bad when I was about halfway through with it and so they took care of it. I got sick after I got home.

No I noticed that the steak was bad when I was about halfway through with it and so they took care of it. I got sick after I got home.

Gotcha. Sounds like a good place that just unfortunately had a bad steak get out.

No fun for you though.

All these posts/tweets about Joan rivers dying, while our military/police/fire/EMS deaths get no mention.

Aggravates the piss out of me that sports/TVshows are more newsworthy than a civil servant loosing their life.

All these posts/tweets about Joan rivers dying, while our military/police/fire/EMS deaths get no mention.

Aggravates the piss out of me that sports/TVshows are more newsworthy than a civil servant loosing their life.

I dont think that is it brother. I think a name that is universally known gets recognition. It definitely does not make anybody less deserving, not in my eyes anyway.

Solid place. Still has Morgan's favorite dish she has ever had. We actually ate there with MikeDean and Mrs441 earlier this year. So sorry you got ill. That is a terrible feeling.
That was some good eatin

I dont think that is it brother. I think a name that is universally known gets recognition. It definitely does not make anybody less deserving, not in my eyes anyway.

People's priorities are all screwed up IMO, honestly I don't care about her or any other celeb honestly.

They don't make my life better or keep me safe at night. My brothers and sisters wearing camo and blues do and they deserve the recognition in the media when they loose their life doing their jobs.

Off my soapbox

I get it buddy....but as sad as it is. The country is numb to the deaths of The civil servants. The places that those hit home is the communities it directly reaches. A death like Joan Rivers crosses all the lines based on her career.

Had no idea DirectTV and NBC were having a tiff. Bummer. Guess it's Roger Federer and a few Titos'n tonics for me then.

Tonight's game comes on NBC. Therefore, if you have DirecTV, you cannot watch the first game of the season. FML FML!

This must not be a nationwide thing as I can't find anything out there other than some local NBC issues with not getting NBC. We must be good here in Dallas.

Had no idea DirectTV and NBC were having a tiff. Bummer. Guess it's Roger Federer and a few Titos'n tonics for me then.

This must not be a nationwide thing as I can't find anything out there other than some local NBC issues with not getting NBC. We must be good here in Dallas.

Works for me & I have no issues

Tonight's game comes on NBC. Therefore, if you have DirecTV, you cannot watch the first game of the season. FML FML!

Another option may be NBC Live Extra which is available with your DirecTV login (at least normally). Not sure if it is smart enough to connect your local affiliate issue with your login or not.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

The Official Rant of the Day

The wife's mom has been In Surgery to remover her bladder since 9:30 this am. She was suppose to be out by 430 but they said it's taking longer than expected.Us being in FL and her mom in Ny is driving my poor wife wild.

Last edited:
Gutted!
avu2abyg.jpg

Oh jeez. I wish we still had some to replace for you.

It's ok, we got more than one. Just bummed me out

Thanks Pete, I have back ups.....appreciate it bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back