Dead Zero Pro Putting Disk - THP Product Spotlight Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review, and sounds like a very useful product. I think the pro version with the level on top would really help me see and understand break in putts a lot better.

Appreciate the review and detail on this product Dan. This blends in well with the "max break / foot past the cup" mentality that I now have on the greens as I've learned about how the hole shrinks depending on where the ball is coming from. Appears to be a respectable value at less than $30.

Great write up. I have one that I have been using periodically for the last few weeks. The couple times i put it to use on the practice green I found it useful for reading breaks. It has helped me with speed of putts as well. Will be using it some more this week and prior to playing on Saturday.

Good stuff, Dan. I was a little skeptical of this at first, but after your comments in the thread leading up to this, and now this write up, this looks like it could be a winner. Wouldn't mind checking this out at some point. And like #Cookie said, not too bad of a price compared to other stuff nowadays. And for $5 more, I would definitely go the pro route.

Great review on what seems to be a very useful product. I would be interested to see how the level holds up over time for the pro version. I find that at less than $30 is a reasonable price.

That was a nice review. This looks like a much better option than putting a divot repair tool in the ground. When I practice for our city tournament every year, I practice putting on every green to "standard tournament pin" locations. This product looks like a very useful tool for that style of practice (as opposed to the divot repair tool in the ground).

I'm not sure why I'd use the bubble level, but at $5.00 more, I guess I don't know why I wouldn't just buy it. (maybe when I hit a putt that does something crazy, I can lay the thing down and see if my eyes deceived me as to break).

~Rock

That was a nice review. This looks like a much better option than putting a divot repair tool in the ground. When I practice for our city tournament every year, I practice putting on every green to "standard tournament pin" locations. This product looks like a very useful tool for that style of practice (as opposed to the divot repair tool in the ground).

I'm not sure why I'd use the bubble level, but at $5.00 more, I guess I don't know why I wouldn't just buy it. (maybe when I hit a putt that does something crazy, I can lay the thing down and see if my eyes deceived me as to break).

~Rock

I didn't even think about pre-tournament for pin positions, but that is another fantastic use for the Dead Zero Pro. Great thoughts Rock.

Well done Dan, I could see a huge use for it and so easy and small to store in the bag!

As terrible as some of the local practice greens are, I think something like this could be very handy. I usually put a tee in the ground, but it's obviously lacking in many ways. Great thorough work here Danny boy.

For anyone interested/attending the THP Bridgestone Championship at PGA National next weekend, I'll be happy to get the Dead Zero Pro on the putting green before the rounds to see if it's something you'd enjoy working with. With how compact the unit is, having it in the bag is never a nuisance.

As terrible as some of the local practice greens are, I think something like this could be very handy. I usually put a tee in the ground, but it's obviously lacking in many ways. Great thorough work here Danny boy.

That's been the biggest asset for me. While I still haven't had enough time to adequately say whether holes are appearing larger, having the flexibility of defining my practice area and knowing the unit I am putting to mimics a hole has been incredibly beneficial. My putting green is absolutely awful.

That's been the biggest asset for me. While I still haven't had enough time to adequately say whether holes are appearing larger, having the flexibility of defining my practice area and knowing the unit I am putting to mimics a hole has been incredibly beneficial. My putting green is absolutely awful.

It can make putting practice almost unstomachable. Is that a word?

It can make putting practice almost unstomachable. Is that a word?

it's red and squiggly... You be the judge!

The truth is there, though. Many days I'll opt to not bother putting based on where the holes are cut. There just isn't a lot of value for me in putting downhill or across and slope too long. It reduces the effectiveness of a repeatable stroke and I'll start manipulating the putter head through the stroke to accommodate.

My days of dealing with that are over. It's not a PERFECT solution, but it's the best I've seen.

Well done, Dan. Seems like a nice device. My regular practice putting green has large areas that are severely sloped and for whatever reason, the flat areas are not used very often. I can see this as a nice aid in my situation.

Looking forward to seeing this in action next week. Great input Dan.

I like this, though there are "cheaper" options (tee's, markers or similar) one could do to practice on a putting green. It's the price point on this is that makes me consider this a better option in general. Plus, like you said Dan, it's easy to transport in your bag from place to place,

Back