Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Is it worth getting an 'upgraded' box? TiVo Roamio Plus is $200 additional but has a built in MoCA adapter, whatever that is and more storage.

Yes, you have to have Built in MoCA. The basic box is just not worth it. We have the Plus. The other one only does 4 shows at once and if you are using the Minis in other rooms, that uses one each.

I have always been intrigued by TiVo but losing on demand would be next to impossible for me. I love it. Plus the Fiber box really does everything I need. Records 8 shows at once I can watch on any of our 3 TVs and has room for more than I could ever record

I have always been intrigued by TiVo but losing on demand would be next to impossible for me. I love it. Plus the Fiber box really does everything I need. Records 8 shows at once I can watch on any of our 3 TVs and has room for more than I could ever record

Yeah, once you have TIVO its hard to use anything else. Look at it like your iOS. Want to watch your stuff from a tablet anywhere with an internet connection? No problem. Want to download your shows? No problem. With the capacity and that it is expandable on your own, Ondemand is less of an issue because it records so much. Then add the best Season Pass Manager there is and its really hard. Plus the Thumbs Up and Thumbs down system to find shows you like is pretty special.

Ya it Is pretty cool for sure. If I move somewhere without Fiber I think it is going to be a must have for me to be honest. They won't discount my service if I get TiVo because their cost for TV is all inclusive no bundling or anything.

Chromecast: why have I not realized how fun you are? Just installed it on my mom's computer and TV and first immediate thought: why don't I have this?!

Chromecast: why have I not realized how fun you are? Just installed it on my mom's computer and TV and first immediate thought: why don't I have this?!
Love mine and It's cheap

I will send you mine. It's a piece of junk. Constantly disconnecting. The last straw was when Netflix just stopped working. Checking online and everywhere it said that neither side would take responsibility. I bought an Amazon Fire TV and couldn't be happier.

I will send you mine. It's a piece of junk. Constantly disconnecting. The last straw was when Netflix just stopped working. Checking online and everywhere it said that neither side would take responsibility. I bought an Amazon Fire TV and couldn't be happier.
It's probably just new jersey

Or u

I don't use Netflix, so no issues there.

Never have used the Chromecast for netflix since we have a roku as well, but we stream youtube to the Chromecast and sometimes chrome windows for streaming website videos and the lock screen photos make a great background on the wall when we aren't watching anything. Like a giant digital picture frame of photographic art.

Had chromecast six months and no problems to speak of. Yea it disconnects but you just press the link and it reconnects. Doesn't stop playing the content.

Never have used the Chromecast for netflix since we have a roku as well, but we stream youtube to the Chromecast and sometimes chrome windows for streaming website videos and the lock screen photos make a great background on the wall when we aren't watching anything. Like a giant digital picture frame of photographic art.
Thank goodness for TIVO. It and the laptop automatically stream YouTube and others. Chrome cast just does not get it done for me.

Thank goodness for TIVO. It and the laptop automatically stream YouTube and others. Chrome cast just does not get it done for me.

Yes. That is such a great feature.

Just ordered my wifes Moto X. Bamboo back, white front with violet trim. Finally can get her on Hangouts proper now.

Just ordered my wifes Moto X. Bamboo back, white front with violet trim. Finally can get her on Hangouts proper now.

You spelled iPhone 6 wrong.

#hashstagsmiliefacething

You spelled iPhone 6 wrong.

#hashstagsmiliefacething

iOS has run its course in my house. Next to go is the MacBook Air/iPad for a Surface Pro 3 or another Windows 8 convertible.

Hard drive in our 2009 iMac finally died. Apple Store says they can only put in the approved version of the original, even out of warranty, which would be $219+tax for the same 320 GB (labor incl). At least the "Genius" recommended calling the Tiger Direct across the street to see if they could do better. From TD I can get a full 1TB replacement with labor incl for $180. Just another example of Apple being stupid with the back-end of their product support, not even giving the Apple store the option of giving me an upgraded HD size and even then waaaaay overcharging for what you can get.

Going to get to the nitty gritty of these cell phone plans today. I feel like we are leaving money on the table for less data and will get to the bottom of that this morning. Im willing to go anywhere carrier wise but will not sacrifice hot spot functions. Right now GG and I share data and have that, but are paying around $175 a month. If I can take that price down $25 and get more data per month, I might jump.

Going to get to the nitty gritty of these cell phone plans today. I feel like we are leaving money on the table for less data and will get to the bottom of that this morning. Im willing to go anywhere carrier wise but will not sacrifice hot spot functions. Right now GG and I share data and have that, but are paying around $175 a month. If I can take that price down $25 and get more data per month, I might jump.

T Mobile? What kind of service do they offer for your area? Not very good up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back