Playstation 4 & PS4 Games

I was watching COD livestreams yesterday. If you were to have just showed me the livestream without knowing what game it was, I would have never in a million years guessed COD.

IDK man. Every year they introduce something that I just dont quite get. The Exo suit is what it is I suppose. The principle and game play are pretty much the same. The campaign is pretty awesome on this one though.

I've watched a handful of live streams -- The mechanics are pretty obvious. Do I need to play it for myself to see the same thing regurgitated with other people's ideas built in? I don't think so.

Destiny shares some similar principles to Halo because some of the same guys are writing the code, but it's hardly a copy. The game concept is completely different (and revolutionary for gaming, for that matter), the characters are different, and the guns are vast as opposed to being limited.

Aside from flipping my sparrow similar to flipping a ghost, I'm failing to see anything that is a genuine copy of Halo or any game for that matter.

Ok, like I said, there is no way we are going to see eye to eye on this. I know I am not the only one who feels Destiny plays very similar to Halo. The sniper feels almost exactly the same, the whole shield thing is identical. I am not saying it isn't a good game, it is, and I agree it has some things that are way different than any game I have played, but it shares many things that make me feel like I am playing a Halo game.

I think AW is the best COD since BO1, and I don't think I am alone in that thought, but it is clear that we don't agree, which is fine.

AW is the first COD I have played since Modern Warfare 2 but I am enjoying it quite a bit. The super jump crap is annoying at times but once you get it figured out it can be a lot of fun. I am not even sure what the exo stuff does and I don't use it ever except for the double jump.

People still take that game really serious still from when I played MW2.

I cannot get into Destiny I have tried and tried and just can't get into it, I would probably like it more if I had a group of people to play it with

I found early photos of CoD exosuit design..

Oh, whoops, that's Matt Damon in the movie Elysium... #RevolutionaryGamingIdeas

hahahahahahaha!!

What revolutionary gaming ideas are left for war-type games? I mean really any type of online combative multiplayer shooter games in general?

Destiny borrowed many ideas from Halo/Borderlands

I agree AW isn't a new concept, but what would you have them do to make it "revolutionary"

I want a new Rainbow Six. Badly, could be a blast on next gen, Vegas and Vegas 2 were a hoot. Last I heard they delayed the next gen R6.

How does the online play compare to Black ops2? I liked Black Ops 2 online play

This is what is great about video games. We all have different opinions.

I am not a COD fanboy, by any stretch. I admitted I hated Ghosts, and was definitely nervous about this one, but I am really enjoying it.

The exo suits are different, but COD needed to make a change, and once I got used to the Exosuit I found it to be something that is second nature. It works exactly how you expect it to and it is awesome to use to get around the map IMO.

I did enjoy Destiny, but the multiplayer needs a lot of work to make it fun long-term in my opinion, and at some point I get tired of playing the same missions/strikes over and over. I know everyone is different, but these are my thoughts. I am sure Destiny will find its way back into my PS4 at some point, but right now I am really enjoying playing AW.

I want a new Rainbow Six. Badly, could be a blast on next gen, Vegas and Vegas 2 were a hoot. Last I heard they delayed the next gen R6.

It looks like end of May 2015 is what they are shooting for. Love me some Rainbow Six

How does the online play compare to Black ops2? I liked Black Ops 2 online play

It is somewhat similar, but very different at the same time. It is very fast paced, the exo suits make it play quick. If you aren't a big fan of that then you may not like it. I enjoy playing certain gametypes like Search and Destroy, which slow the game-pace down, but Team Deathmatch, Hardpoint, etc. They all play very quick.

I will say the lighting and sounds in this game, are the best of any shooter I have ever played. The most realistic gun noises of any of them.

What revolutionary gaming ideas are left for war-type games? I mean really any type of online combative multiplayer shooter games in general?

Destiny borrowed many ideas from Halo/Borderlands

I agree AW isn't a new concept, but what would you have them do to make it "revolutionary"

You're saying they 'borrowed' stuff but aren't providing examples. Saying Destiny 'borrowed' the bubble shield is a bit much.. That's like saying CoD borrowed guns from other games.. In Halo the bubble shield did nothing but protect -- Destiny offers weapon/shield/recovery buffs by deploying one. There was what, one sniper in Halo? Of course the mechanics are going to be somewhat similar with the same developers building the game, but there are also a ton of different snipers.

TitanFall went unique with the titans and it was impressive (albeit something I wasn't at all interested in). Destiny went unique with PvE + PvP intertwined unlike any other game. Sometimes it's about revolutionizing the way gaming is played, not recreating other people's ideas and stacking stupid crap in the same system that's been in place for over half a decade now.

if there is one thing I like better than video games, it's watching people debate them. Let's just face it, Mike Tyson's Punch Out still rules.

if there is one thing I like better than video games, it's watching people debate them. Let's just face it, Mike Tyson's Punch Out still rules.

Next event we are at together, I'm bringing an NES.

4405.10tyson.jpg

You're saying they 'borrowed' stuff but aren't providing examples. Saying Destiny 'borrowed' the bubble shield is a bit much.. That's like saying CoD borrowed guns from other games.. In Halo the bubble shield did nothing but protect -- Destiny offers weapon/shield/recovery buffs by deploying one. There was what, one sniper in Halo? Of course the mechanics are going to be somewhat similar with the same developers building the game, but there are also a ton of different snipers.

TitanFall went unique with the titans and it was impressive (albeit something I wasn't at all interested in). Destiny went unique with PvE + PvP intertwined unlike any other game. Sometimes it's about revolutionizing the way gaming is played, not recreating other people's ideas and stacking stupid crap in the same system that's been in place for over half a decade now.

- I think the class system is very similar to what is in Borderlands

- Loot System is similar to Borderlands

Look dude, I am not going to argue this with you. I have my opinion, and so do you. This doesn't make either of us right or wrong. When I played Destiny, it brought back a TON of memories of playing Halo/Borderlands (didnt spend a TON of time with this one, but played it).

I just don't think there is a ton you can do to truly innovate in games anymore, but that doesn't mean a game should be automatically discounted.

- I think the class system is very similar to what is in Borderlands

- Loot System is similar to Borderlands

Look dude, I am not going to argue this with you. I have my opinion, and so do you. This doesn't make either of us right or wrong. When I played Destiny, it brought back a TON of memories of playing Halo/Borderlands (didnt spend a TON of time with this one, but played it).

I just don't think there is a ton you can do to truly innovate in games anymore, but that doesn't mean a game should be automatically discounted.

From what I remember from Borderlands, depending on your class it helped with such things as which weapons you used, etc. Destiny doesn't provide any sort of perk for using a certain class with a certain weapon like Borderlands did . So I'm curious what you think is similar between Destiny's and Borderlands classes. (I didn't play Borderlands 2, so if this changed from Borderlands 1, then my mistake)

Loot systems are what they are. This dates back well before Borderlands too. There are loot systems in Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, etc.

I think Destiny is a fantastic game. Yes it has it's problems, but I haven't had a game command my attention like Destiny has in a very long time, well since World of Warcraft way back in the day.

I haven't truly enjoyed a Call of Duty game since COD:4. I think since then they've taken the perks and kill streaks to a point where it takes most of the fun out of the game. To be fair I haven't played a Call of Duty game since Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, so I missed out on Black Ops 2, Ghost, and most likely won't pick up AW. From what I've seen from people's streams and youtube videos, it just doesn't seem like a game I'll enjoy.

As you said though, we all have our opinions and nobody is right or wrong when it comes to opinions.

Ebay has a deal for $330 for playstation 4 right now. Limited quantity. Search playstation 4 and then the seller is newegg. Not going to last long.

COD AW: I usually play a few times a week from 845 to 11 pm edt. Add me my psn is the same as my thp.

Anyone playing Destiny? I picked up a PS4 2 weeks ago and have been playing it a lot and like it so far...

Add me francis_-d

Just received the PS4 in the mail....kinda tempted to open it...but probably shouldnt

Quoted for lameness.
Haha not gonna lie it is tempting. But I promised my wife I wouldn't come out of pocket for the xbone.

maybe sell stuff instead?

Back