I have a feeling this is going to end up like the Ray Charles story. Once there's a movie made about him and everyone sees the real story, everyone will see him differently.

I have a feeling this is going to end up like the Ray Charles story. Once there's a movie made about him and everyone sees the real story, everyone will see him differently.
Do people see Ray Charles in a negative light?

If it's found to be true, it really is a sad day in America. He always struck me as a straight up guy that held himself and others around him to a high standard. I've heard of the Spanish fly but had no idea it was that strong.

My thoughts too buddy :thumb:

Do people see Ray Charles in a negative light?
The people that know he was a womanizing junkie probably do. Much like Tiger Woods though, Cosby was upholding a squeaky clean image, so the fall will be greater than Charles.

The people that know he was a womanizing junkie probably do. Much like Tiger Woods though, Cosby was upholding a squeaky clean image, so the fall will be greater than Charles.
I guess I didn't see a fall for Ray. I dunno. Being a womanizing junky isn't the samething as what bill is accused with.

But that's just me

I went to a predominately African American College ,'and Mr Cosby came there each year . He personally visited the African American frat chapters and challenged each and every student to do their best . His actual comedy act started out by describing how he pushed himself to achieve his comedy came and popularity . He is huge in charities all over the world .. In sickened by this news and so so so disappointed in him . One of the most influential actors / comedians of the late 80 to 90's imo

hope it isn't true . If it is , will be so disappointed in this sob

I went to a predominately African American College ,'and Mr Cosby came there each year . He personally visited the African American frat chapters and challenged each and every student to do their best . His actual comedy act started out by describing how he pushed himself to achieve his comedy came and popularity . He is huge in charities all over the world .. In sickened by this news and so so so disappointed in him . One of the most influential actors / comedians of the late 80 to 90's imo

I wont ever compare the two, but I do find it odd that you "light a candle and pray" for Tiger Woods to play well and then are sickened by this. Again, I am not comparing the two in any way.

Tell Bill I said, have a Coke and a smile. And shut the eff up! Still one of the lines from Eddie

Tell Bill I said, have a Coke and a smile. And shut the eff up! Still one of the lines from Eddie
Filth. Flam. Flam. And filth.

He is / always will be such a positive role model to so many . I'm now hoping they would just wipe this under the carpet and let the man be remembered for all the positives. He was one role model who gave more than received imho

Innocent until proven guilty. But, should these claims prove valid I hope he loses everything.

Wow, just watched a few of the women's videos. I grew up loving Cosby and want to believe it's not true but these women are very convincing.

Yeah. I really was going to give him the benefit of the doubt. But after reading that story, I just can't believe that many women all of a sudden come up with false accusations.

This could be interesting and very sad to watch play out.

2 things: I honestly didn't know he was still alive. And in today's society, it's guilty til proven innocent, and that's not right. It's past the statute of limitations but the effects can still be felt.

I have a ton of memories of Bill growing up. When I was a kid my brother and I used to go to sleep listening to his comedy records on an old record player that my grandparents gave us. We would laugh and laugh and laugh. I also loved the character he played on the Cosby show. I try my best to judge no one and only hope that if allegations are true that the people he hurt can find some peace and healing.

If the statute of limitations have passed we are dealing with the court of public opinion not a court of law, so innocent until guilty doesn't really apply.

The information that has come out as well as the number of potential victims that have come forward is pretty damning. If he was innocent we might expect to hear a forceful defense - people like Cosby have PR people for just such occasions.

I really hope this is not true and is just someone chasing money

It's sad to see all these reports. I haven't kept up on all of this but are there new accusers beyond the ones that were already looked into years ago? It bums me out even thinking he may have done all that's been brought up. I have a lot of good memories of listening to his comedy stuff growing up.

The take home? No one is worthy of idolization. They can never live up to it.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

If the statute of limitations have passed we are dealing with the court of public opinion not a court of law, so innocent until guilty doesn't really apply.

The information that has come out as well as the number of potential victims that have come forward is pretty damning. If he was innocent we might expect to hear a forceful defense - people like Cosby have PR people for just such occasions.

The statute of limitations has not passed in a couple states, most notably Pennsylvania; where one of the alleged victims is from. Not likely to be any charges though, because there's not much case without physical evidence; unless samples were taken at the time.

I still find all this a bunch of bolonge. Mr. Cosby is a genuine man and I cannot believe one bit he would do this. After all these years,these people all of a sudden come forward.....
seems legit enough yeah.

I still find all this a bunch of bolonge. Mr. Cosby is a genuine man and I cannot believe one bit he would do this. After all these years,these people all of a sudden come forward.....
seems legit enough yeah.
I don't know if you're familiar with the Jimmy Saville case in the UK:

A TV-host, loved by a nation, fully active for a lot of charities and hospitals, turns out to be sexual predator, who, over the course of 5 decades, abused at least 450 people, aged 5 to 75, both male and female. To top things off he’s suspected of necrophilia in the hospitals he visited as well, but that’s a bit harder to prove as the victims are unable to testify. There were rumors about this behavior, but they were never properly followed up, largely because he was a popular TV-host.

Please don’t get me wrong, I really hope these allegations turn out to be false, but him being “genuine” or loved doesn’t say a thing. The fact that these people only came forward after years isn’t that relevant either; Being abused is hard enough, having to take on someone famous, who is loved by pretty much everyone, makes it even harder. There are a lot of victims who needed decades to be able to come forward.

Amen, that drives me nuts. Like you said, innocent until proven guilty is for the judicial process. It has nothing to do with bit being able to form an opinion of somebody it whether or not someone can be suspended from a sport.

I have a ton of memories of Bill growing up. When I was a kid my brother and I used to go to sleep listening to his comedy records on an old record player that my grandparents gave us. We would laugh and laugh and laugh. I also loved the character he played on the Cosby show. I try my best to judge no one and only hope that if allegations are true that the people he hurt can find some peace and healing.

totally agree... Think the 1st record of his my dad let me listen to was "Why is there Air"? The skit about the names his father called them "No, I'm Jesus Christ" was hilarious! Although I didn't care for the Cosby show too much

Back