JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a preferred sole or grind you gravitate towards for your wedges?

V-Sole.

I do like a nice low bounce sole with heel relief in a 60* wedge. The V-sole is amazing almost everywhere but lacks in wet packed sand and super tight lies IMO.

Vokey F grind on the 52, S grind on the 56 and 60. I don't really think about the grind as much as the bounce.

V-Sole.

If I could have that on every wedge until I die, I'd be a happy man.

I like more full sole on 50 and 54 as I tend to full swing those. Also the 54 I like on fluffy lies around the green. On the 58 I've grown very accustomed to the pm grind (which I believe utilizes a modified u grind?)

50 f 54 s 60 l

I have the W grind in my MD3 which i absolutely adore and the channel grind in my hopkins 58 which is great as well.

Also a really big fan of the Bridgestone "Wider Sure Contact Sole" in my irons.

I like V sole

V Sole FTW

The V-sole is fairly new to me but I do think it's a step forward and it makes sense to have it not just with wedges but with my other irons as well. I've got it on my new Z765's and I just picked up a RTX 3 60* V-MG. Hitting irons at the range the last couple weeks I've actually noticed that my divots are different with the v-sole: slightly smaller, tighter, and shallower.

In the past I've almost always carried a sand wedge with about 12 degrees of bounce and another 58* or 60* with 6 or 7 degrees of bounce for tighter lies.

Like the F grind in 46-50 S or V in 54-58

I prefer a full sole on the 54, because it is a full swing club for me. On the 58, I liked the T grind on the MD 2, I getting used to the V sole type of the new Cleveland wedges....

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It depends on the wedge, I am loving the PM grind but I think if I went back to more of a traditional SW (54/55/56*) I want to get a V Sole.

The Callaway S grind. Kind of an all purpose solution.

Really like the W grind that was on the MD3, but the V sole MG on my Rtx 3's are just phenomenal.

Unfortunately, I have no idea. Have never had the opportunity to test various soles / grinds on wedges. Just always get the stock grind in medium bounce because I really don't know if anything would be better for me.

I do not, never put any thought into it as I usually just get the Loft I want.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

PM grind for me. I love it in my 58* & gives me a ton of confidence.

First, I need more time with the V-Sole.

Second, I prefer two grinds. Shelf grind or S/M grind (heel/toe) relief on my 54° wedge as that's my 'do everything' wedge including full shots; and then a wide grind (K) on my 58° as that's simply used for when I need to get a green side shot up in the air quickly.

I usually play crap shape munis so I prefer a thin grind with low bounce on my gap and sand wedges.

My 60 is a high bounce wide sole.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I prefer a standard grind in 50 and 54. With 58/60 I have gone back and forth between low and high bounce, currently in low (l grind) on the 60

I like heel and toe relief like a Vokey M grind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2 dots. Beyond that, I don't really know what sort of grind I should be playing or would help my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the md3 w grind a lot. I'd like to try the v sole. There's also a tinkerer inside who kind of wants to have somebody grind off some material from the heel because i tend to came in heel first so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra's K-grind sole is easily my favorite. For me it glides through rough fairly well, while also presenting itself as a lower bounce for hitting off the very firm sand (or lack thereof) of the bunkers of cheaper courses.

Back