Forum Testing Signup - GRANDURA Shafts

After being around him at the show a few years back, I am with you. No questions asked, just assign me what works.
Tim Gillis can give me whatever he thinks is best.

These guys obviously know their product inside and out. Id definitely be going with whatever they say is best for me. Super cool!

Any of us fortunate to get the opportunity will be in good hands. Of this I have no doubt.

I'm wondering if the green code would perform similar to the Black Tie shafts from Matrix. I believe the Black Tie is labeled as a low launch/spin shaft.

That is correct on the Black Tie. I have the Black Tie and the Speeder 757 Tour Spec that I have been tinkering with in my driver lately.

Really cool that the middle launch option is split into three spin options - takes the option that's going to be the fit for most people and really lets them dial it in. As others have said, I'd go into this with zero preconceptions of what's right for me, and let the experts tell me what to go with.

Grandura put out a press release on this today.

July 27, 2015, San Diego, CA - Grandura™ Golf, makers of Grandura Golf Shafts powered by BST Nano Carbon®, has launched a promotion with The Hackers Paradise (THP) to test the new Grandura Golf Shafts.

Grandura Golf Shafts and The Hackers Paradise have a special association which will enable 10 active forum members of The Hackers Paradise to have the unique opportunity to be the first consumers to test the shafts and offer the information for Grandura Golf. The 10 people will be fit for the appropriate Grandura shaft and be sent a shaft to test in their driver. Testing is open to all active forum members on THP and testers will be chosen from a list of people who sign up on the THP forum.

"I am pleased we were chosen to present the exclusive preview of Grandura Golf Shafts," said Josh Babbitt, Managing Director, The Hackers Paradise. "At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by our members. THP members are the backbone of our organization and I am thrilled that 10 of them will be the first to test a new and DIFFERENT shaft."

"THP is excellent in sharing information with golfers and concentrates on the avid, most knowledgeable of them," said Tim Gillis, Business Development Manager, Grandura Golf. "We look forward to receiving the feedback from the testers and will use this information to develop additional designs in the future."

Grandura Golf Shafts are proudly made in the U.S.A. at the company's 65,000 square-foot facility in San Diego, California, allowing for complete control over the design and manufacturing process and for quick turn-around for tour-specific shaft requests. The shafts benefit from BST Nano Carbon's unique understanding of carbon fiber and nano materials, inspiring the brand's tagline, FINALLY, SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Grandura Golf Shafts are offered in five design models geared towards launch and spin. The series is color coded, Green is low launch low spin, Red is mid launch with three spin options and Blue is higher launch with mid spin.

Recently, THP featured a preview of Grandura Golf. Six short videos were shot by THP TV, each featuring more information on both the new line of shafts and the people behind this high end brand. To view the most recent videos and to learn how to become an active THP forum member, visit TheHackersParadise.com.

Learn more at GranduraGolf.com, follow us on Twitter at @GranduraGolf, or like us on Facebook at Grandura Golf.

Amazing! So exciting!

Really cool that the middle launch option is split into three spin options - takes the option that's going to be the fit for most people and really lets them dial it in. As others have said, I'd go into this with zero preconceptions of what's right for me, and let the experts tell me what to go with.

Agreed...at first glance the Green would be most similar to what I currently hit but I'd definitely let Tim Gillis tell me what to put in play :)

I'll blame THP for my extreme interest in club fittings, shafts and equipment tinkering.... And I love it!

Really cool to see the variations for folks in terms of the shafts and options. Just plain exciting to be 'in' on the ground floor of something that seems like it could explode :)

When will it be anouced who are chosen for the test?

It is so natural to try and guess which one I might be fitted to if chosen, but if I have learned anything from getting fitted, I am going in with a completely open mind if I am lucky enough to be chosen. Let the guys who know what they are doing recommend something for me.

Can't wait to hear who's selected. Not often you get the opportunity to test a wholly new product like this! Curious to see what everyone gets fit into as well. Agree with TH. Open mind is the key with any fitting.

This is really cool that a company is mentioning us by name and allowing us this opportunity.

This is really cool that a company is mentioning us by name and allowing us this opportunity.

Yep, that press release is something else!

I'm really excited to see who gets picked for this. The driver is the club i struggle with the most and often wonder if i'm playing the right shaft. Good luck everyone.

You just won best post of the day :)

It is so natural to try and guess which one I might be fitted to if chosen, but if I have learned anything from getting fitted, I am going in with a completely open mind if I am lucky enough to be chosen. Let the guys who know what they are doing recommend something for me.

Forum Testing Signup - GRANDURA Shafts

I'd be very interested to see what I would be put into, as I usually just find the middle of the road shaft in every driver head that I get. I'm always wondering how high I could go, or how much more spin my drives could handle before they start going the other direction, distance wise. I'm always too fidgety with shafts to try and find out though. This will be eye opening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Been thinking about this shaft all day. Would be nice to get chosen and what would fit me best, but mostly excited to follow along

Tell me what works and is best for my game and I that will be the one I play. Grandura is just that Grand!

I've been going back and re reading some of Jman's awesome review threads so that if I'm lucky enough to be picked I can do this right!

I've been going back and re reading some of Jman's awesome review threads so that if I'm lucky enough to be picked I can do this right!
If you get picked, just be honest in your review. Make it your own and let Jman do what he does. His reviews are great but we want to hear from the 10 chosen. Good luck!!

If you get picked, just be honest in your review. Make it your own and let Jman do what he does. His reviews are great but we want to hear from the 10 chosen. Good luck!!

Exactly the advice I wanted to give. I'm not quite as eloquent of a poster, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be completely open to testing whatever shaft is recommended by the experts, but I can't help but wonder about what all will be involved in the fitting.

Not going to lie. I thought Jman posted this. It blew my mind because it read like some Mr. Miyagi shít. Really baked my noodle.

Back