Forum Testing Signup - GRANDURA Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, training aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

[video=youtube;16X-7TMw4fY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16X-7TMw4fY[/video]
See what Grandura says about THP Testing

The Shafts
As many of you have been following along to the THP Exclusive launch of this brand, GRANDURA is a premium shaft that is made in the USA. If you have missed any of the details, you can find them all here. We do urge each person interested in testing one of these shafts, to review each of the short THP TV exclusive videos and learn more about what this unique company is putting out.

Criteria
10 Testers total will be involved in this review.
You must be able to play golf. Either on the course or in a practice facility.
6 Testers total will be chosen from this forum testing signup to join Myself, Hawk, Jman & Canadan (THP Equipment Writers).

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the shaft (or have significant other test the product) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a month or so. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What is your current driver head?
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)?
3. What is your driver swing speed?
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)?
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Testing is open to all Members on THP. However free shipping of the golf shafts (if selected) is only available to Albatross Club Members (along with many other perks). If you are not a member & would like to become one and help support Folds Of Honor, click here.

Thanks for the opportunity!

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway XR
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Project X Handcrafted LZ17 6.5
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105-108 MPH
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Low and straight
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? Aggressive

Another great THP opportunity.

1. What is your current driver head? ​Titleist 915 D2
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Fujikura Pro 63 Stiff
3. What is your driver swing speed? 94 MPH
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Mid / high fade
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? Smooth

Thank you for giving us the opportunity!

Grandura seems to think out of the box ... always appreciate that thinking.

Callaway V Series 9 deg head 1. What is your current driver head?
Stiff, 56g Fujikura 565 2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)?
97 3. What is your driver swing speed?
Mid-High, slight draw 4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)?
Smooth 5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth?

Great opportunity, thanks!

1. What is your current driver head? Covert Tour
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Stiff, 71g, Matrix 7m3
3. What is your driver swing speed? 100-104 MPH
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? High and straight

As much as I would like to, I don't feel like I could do this testing the justice it deserves so I will follow along to see what people think of these

1. What is your current driver head? 2014 Big Bertha
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Diamana D+ 82X
3. What is your driver swing speed? 111-114
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? High draw, hook miss.

1. What is your current driver head? Srixon 545
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Kuro kage black hbp, stiff, 67g
3. What is your driver swing speed? 107 mph
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Medium/right

Another fantastic opportunity

1. What is your current driver head? XR 9*
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Project X LZ Stock
3. What is your driver swing speed? 108
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Highly, usually a little right to left
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? Definitely aggressive

This sounds great. Will try and sign-up once back home tomorrow.

This is freaking silly awesome and exciting. Really looking forward to being a part of this as well seeing who will be joining us on putting a crazy innovative and technological new product through its paces!

What an opportunity!! Thanks THP and GRANDURA!!
1. Current driver head is the Fly-Z+
2. Current shaft is the Matrix VLCT ST in X at 70g (actual playing weight is 66g)
3. Driver swing speed is 115 mph give or take a few mph
4. Typical ball flight is a high fade
5. I would say I have a smooth swing

1. What is your current driver head? - Callaway Bertha 815 Alpha Double Black Diamond
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? - Fujikura Blur TS65 67g X Flex
3. What is your driver swing speed? - 112 mph
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? - High right
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? - aggressive

Thanks to THP and GRANDURA for this incredible testing opportunity!

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Stiff, 67.5 grams (at 47" uncut so likely about 60 grams trimmed to play at 45"), Fujikura, Speeder 661
3. What is your driver swing speed? 95 mph
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Low to mid, right to left ball flight

Thanks for the opportunity, looking forward to tester/reviewer feedback on these.

1. What is your current driver head? Bio Cell+
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Matrix 6Q3 Red Tie in S flex
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? mid-high and (somehow) mostly straight with an occasional tug left or push right.
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? More to the smooth side IMO

Good luck everyone!

GRANDURA Shafts

GRANDURA Shafts

1. What is your current driver head? Callway XR 9 degree 2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Stiff, 56g Project X 6.0 3. What is your driver swing speed? 95 4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? High, and right 5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? still a little aggressive but getting much smootherThanks JB!!

Cool opportunity to give these a try for THPers.

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway Optiforce
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Matrix Radix HD4 S flex
3. What is your driver swing speed? 95ish
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Mid fade

Awesome opportunity, thanks THP

1. Big Bertha Alpha 815
2. Adilia Rouge Silver
3. 100ish
4. High with fade
5. Aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Stiff, 56g, Project X LZ
3. What is your driver swing speed? 102
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Mid-high, right to left

Thanks to THP and Grandura shafts for this awesome opportunity.

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway XR 9.0*
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Oban Kiyoshi Black 65-04 (Stiff, 70 grams, Oban, Type: Low Spin, Low/Mid Launch, High Kick/bend-point)
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105-110 mph
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Mid-High ball flight straight-draw. Miss is a mid-high hook or high push fade.

Thanks to both THP and GRANDURA for this opportunity!

Last edited:
This is phenomenal! Thanks THP and GRANDURA!

1. Current driver head - either Titleist 913 D2 or Srixon Z545

2. Matrix Black Tie 7m3,
X-stiff

3. Driver swing speed - 110

4. Ball flight - left to right - power fade - medium to low trajectory - I'd like to bring it up a little

5. Aggressive !!

This is very cool opportunity. A new shaft from a company looking to make your tee game better.

1. What is your current driver head?Callaway XR Pro 9 11.5*
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Stiff, 67grams, Project X HC, Graphite
3. What is your driver swing speed? 104mph
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)?Mid ball flight, I love the power fade but can move it both ways off the tee
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? Smooth 80% of the time and 20% aggressive when I need a few extra yards

Thanks again for the chance.

I would LOVE the opportunity to do this!!!

1. What is your current driver head? R1 10.5* set to 12*
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? aldila tour blue 65 s flex 44.5" (not 100% sure on length)
3. What is your driver swing speed? 98-102
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? low bullets, miss is a block or right-going-right
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? smooth

awesome opportunity...thanks THP and Grandura for this chance.

1. What is your current driver head? Cobra Fly Z+
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? stiff, 65g, Aldila, tour green
3. What is your driver swing speed? 98-102
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? mid, usually straight with a slight draw, miss would be a hook.
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? aggressive.

Thanks to THP and Grandura for this amazing opportunity.

1. What is your current driver head? Bio Cell set to 10.5 neutral

2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? UST, stiff, 65 gram, pro force V2(Just broke) so I will be going back to the stock Project X 6.0
3. What is your driver swing speed? 100-105
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Medium in Height with a draw is my preferred and most common flight.
5. Do you think your golf swing is aggressive or smooth? Its definetly not as smooth as Id like and I think depending on setup I have problems staying on plane at times.

Back